Identified! VA - Shoosmith Landfill, WhtFem UP6642, 20-35, w/ Richmond trash, Aug'86 - Christy Lynn Floyd

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder what prompted the drawing? Are they doing genealogy via DNA on her now to find her family? Ooops - answered my own question! LOL!

upload_2020-3-2_12-45-10.png
Posted: 10:50 AM, Mar 02, 2020
Updated: 10:50 AM, Mar 02, 2020

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. -- Police have released an image of what a deceased woman may have looked like more than 30 years after her body was discovered at a Chesterfield landfill.

On August 7, 1986, workers unloading trash from the School Street transfer station in Richmond at a Chesterfield landfill noticed what appeared to be human remains.

Test results determined the remains were that of a 22 to 32-year-old white female, who was likely 5'1" and 5'5", and weighed between 105 pounds and 120 pounds.

She was never identified.

"Using DNA evidence from this investigation, Snapshot [a service of Parabon NanoLabs in Northern Virginia] produced trait predictions for the unknown woman," a Chesterfield Police spokesperson said. "Individual predictions were made for her ancestry, eye color, hair color, skin color, freckling, and face shape. By combining these attributes of appearance, a Snapshot composite was produced depicting what the unknown woman may have looked like at 25 years old and with an average body-mass index of 22."

Using this new information, detectives determined she may have had ties to Richmond, Charlottesville, Buena Vista, Lynchburg, and Baltimore.

An additional clue found on her body was a dark, rubber-like bracelet or band found on her left ankle.

Chesterfield Police Dept Facebook post today.

Chesterfield County Police

Chesterfield County Police are still working to identify a woman whose remains were recovered at a landfill in Chesterfield County in 1986.
On Aug. 7, 1986, workers were unloading trash from the School Street transfer station in Richmond at a Chesterfield landfill when they noticed what appeared to be human remains. Chesterfield police responded, conducted an extensive search and recovered human remains, which were transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (OCME) for analysis.
The autopsy and other tests completed by the OCME revealed that the remains were those of a white female, about 22 years old to 32 years old. She was likely between 5 feet 1 inch and 5 feet 5 inches tall, likely weighed between 105 pounds and 120 pounds and wore a size 7 or size 7 ½ shoe. She was wearing pink toenail polish and a dark, rubber-like bracelet or band was on her left ankle. The OCME determined her manner of death was homicide.
With the assistance of the OCME and the Virginia Department of Forensic Science, Chesterfield County Police worked to identify the woman. Chesterfield County investigators and the OCME have ruled out multiple missing persons through extensive investigative techniques, including DNA comparisons. To date, the victim remains unidentified.
Last year, detectives in the department's Unsolved/Major Investigations Group sought the services of Parabon NanoLabs, a DNA technology company in Reston, Va., that specializes in DNA phenotyping, which is the process of predicting physical appearance and ancestry from unidentified DNA evidence. Law enforcement agencies use the company’s Snapshot DNA Phenotyping Service (Snapshot) to narrow suspect lists and generate leads in criminal investigations.
Using DNA evidence from this investigation, Snapshot produced trait predictions for the unknown woman. Individual predictions were made for her ancestry, eye color, hair color, skin color, freckling, and face shape. By combining these attributes of appearance, a Snapshot composite was produced depicting what the unknown woman may have looked like at 25 years old and with an average body-mass index of 22.
Detectives have determined that the victim in this case may have had ties to the following locations: the Richmond (Va.) Metropolitan area; Charlottesville, Va.; Buena Vista, Va.; Lynchburg, Va.; and Baltimore, Md

Facebook post today:

Chesterfield County Police are still working to identify a woman whose remains were recovered at a landfill in Chesterfield County in 1986.
On Aug. 7, 1986, workers were unloading trash from the School Street transfer station in Richmond at a Chesterfield landfill when they noticed what appeared to be human remains. Chesterfield police responded, conducted an extensive search and recovered human remains, which were transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (OCME) for analysis.
The autopsy and other tests completed by the OCME revealed that the remains were those of a white female, about 22 years old to 32 years old. She was likely between 5 feet 1 inch and 5 feet 5 inches tall, likely weighed between 105 pounds and 120 pounds and wore a size 7 or size 7 ½ shoe. She was wearing pink toenail polish and a dark, rubber-like bracelet or band was on her left ankle. The OCME determined her manner of death was homicide.
With the assistance of the OCME and the Virginia Department of Forensic Science, Chesterfield County Police worked to identify the woman. Chesterfield County investigators and the OCME have ruled out multiple missing persons through extensive investigative techniques, including DNA comparisons. To date, the victim remains unidentified.
Last year, detectives in the department's Unsolved/Major Investigations Group sought the services of Parabon NanoLabs, a DNA technology company in Reston, Va., that specializes in DNA phenotyping, which is the process of predicting physical appearance and ancestry from unidentified DNA evidence. Law enforcement agencies use the company’s Snapshot DNA Phenotyping Service (Snapshot) to narrow suspect lists and generate leads in criminal investigations.
Using DNA evidence from this investigation, Snapshot produced trait predictions for the unknown woman. Individual predictions were made for her ancestry, eye color, hair color, skin color, freckling, and face shape. By combining these attributes of appearance, a Snapshot composite was produced depicting what the unknown woman may have looked like at 25 years old and with an average body-mass index of 22.
Detectives have determined that the victim in this case may have had ties to the following locations: the Richmond (Va.) Metropolitan area; Charlottesville, Va.; Buena Vista, Va.; Lynchburg, Va.; and Baltimore, Md.
Anyone with information regarding the identity of the victim is urged to contact the Chesterfield County Unsolved/Major Investigations Group at 804-717-6024.

Chesterfield County Police Chief, Col. Jeffrey S. Katz

This is not a large region which makes me think her great grandparents must have immigrated around 1900 from Northern or Western Europe.

Detectives have determined that the victim in this case may have had ties to the following locations: the Richmond (Va.) Metropolitan area; Charlottesville, Va.; Buena Vista, Va.; Lynchburg, Va.; and Baltimore, Md.

This band sounds like the ones they hand out for a cause, like pink for breast cancer. Weren’t they initially used at concerts or some big functions, so you could leave and return?

She was wearing pink toenail polish and a dark, rubber-like bracelet or band was on her left ankle.

I hope the new sketch released really helps to finally ID this poor young woman.
This band sounds like the ones they hand out for a cause, like pink for breast cancer. Weren’t they initially used at concerts or some big functions, so you could leave and return?

She was wearing pink toenail polish and a dark, rubber-like bracelet or band was on her left ankle.
Yes! It could've been from being at a concert. I hope the authorities have looked into that aspect, and if not, maybe a look back at events happening at that time in the area? I see many UID's have been eliminated in an extensive search for this young woman's identity. So they are trying.

Wow, this woman looks a lot like me. Certain features on her face are like looking in a mirror, and I did a double take when I first saw the parabon snapshot. There's a pretty much 0% chance I'm closely related to her though since myself and my whole family are British born and raised with no US ties, and my DNA is in all the relevant sites with LE matching on so they'd have made a connection if she was a close relative of mine. Still, spooky. There are even parts of her face that look like my sister rather than me. Let's hope for a quick ID.

Chesterfield County investigators and the OCME have ruled out multiple missing persons through extensive investigative techniques, including DNA comparisons.

Skeletal Findings : Post vaginal hysterectomy; bone island anomaly in right Iliac (hip/pelvic) bone.

I there somebody who knows the rule outs. @MadMcGoo could you take a look? Thanks a lot upfront.

What does post vaginal hysterectomy mean? Was her uterus taken out after death?....huhhh.....

I there somebody who knows the rule outs. @MadMcGoo could you take a look? Thanks a lot upfront.

What does post vaginal hysterectomy mean? Was her uterus taken out after death?....huhhh.....
:eek:
603 Missing Person Exclusions

I don’t mind posting them all, but it may take me a little time...if you insist! :D

FWIW: just browsing random exclusions out of the 603, some of them do not remotely match the vitals, PMI, or circumstances! Maybe they don’t want to leave a single stone unturned. The missing person exclusions range from one end of the spectrum to the other when it comes to everything; age, height, weight, etc.

Going back to the ring around her ankle. On the Facebook page (post 3/2/20 at 11:25am) there is a comment about rubber O Rings used to fire weapons during the Afghanistan war. The ring would be removed to fire a weapon. Now, if her nationality is pinged as North or Western Europe, then the fighting with the Russians in the war and showing solidarity by wearing an O Ring could make sense. Perhaps she has a military connection or someone she knew did?

Going back to the ring around her ankle. On the Facebook page (post 3/2/20 at 11:25am) there is a comment about rubber O Rings used to fire weapons during the Afghanistan war. The ring would be removed to fire a weapon. Now, if her nationality is pinged as North or Western Europe, then the fighting with the Russians in the war and showing solidarity by wearing an O Ring could make sense. Perhaps she has a military connection or someone she knew did?

Thinking about it the same way you do. Why presume it's a bracelet immediately. It could also be an O-ring for a swimming pool pump or something like that and not a bracelet in particular. I don't think this is something you put in your hair. The material is different. I would very much like to know the diameter of it. What made me look twice was the weld in this particular rubber ring. Could mean nothing....but that's what catched my eye. Having a weld it could mean there was no pulling pressure on this thing, just to close something, like usage of an O-ring.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back