VA - "Shopping Cart Killer" - SK - 4 bodies found, LE suspects more along east coast, 2021 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm surprised there is not more in the news on this.

It might be due to the fact that the known victims were vulnerable. Quite often, vulnerable victims receive far less attention. Using online dating sites to meet women - including one who lived in California - might mean that victims are in other parts of the country with no easy way of connecting the suspect to the victims.

Israel Keyes made sure that he left on trace when he flew around the country for the sole purpose of committing murder. Perhaps the suspect was more cautious in the past about distancing himself from the murders.

Fairfax County police receive new evidence to aid in Shopping Cart Killer investigation

Moon Inn handed the police a lot of records and receipts trying to see if he stayed there other times.

Fairfax County police receive new evidence to aid in Shopping Cart Killer investigation

trying to figure out who may also have been a victim

I hope that leads to new information, but we know that he murdered two women in two locations 2 hours apart, and left their bodies in two locations. He might move around with his murders, but good to hear that police are looking to rule out that there were more victims at that hotel.

Shopping Cart Killer: Identities of 2 alleged victims to be announced by Fairfax County Police

Around 8 p.m. this evening, Chief Davis and Major Ed O’Carroll Bureau Chief, Major Crimes, Cyber and Forensics Bureau, will provide an update to the community about the Shopping Cart Killer and the positive identification of the two victims found in a container on Dec. 15 in the 2400 block of Fairhaven Avenue in the Fairfax County Portion of Alexandria.

@AshleyAReports

Police ID the fourth victim of the Shopping Cart Killer as Stephanie Harrison. Investigators found the remains of Harrison and Cheyenne Brown’s in a container in Fairfax Co., Va. They say Anthony Robinson killed at least four women and is now a suspect in a fifth murder.

@AJGuglielmi

https://mobile.twitter.com/AJGuglielmi/status/1479620522027663364
This week we also received a credible tip that suggests our person of interest may be a person of interest in a Washington DC case where a woman was found deceased in a shopping cart. Digital information places him in that area at the time of her disappearance.

A private lab in Fairfax County stepped up to expedite the DNA processing of our victims. We believe there could be more and Major
@edocarroll
asks for the public's help for anyone who may have information on Anthony Eugene Robinson.

Attachments

• 7DC9EC4F-D5D5-456C-A9CF-953957755367.jpeg
    7DC9EC4F-D5D5-456C-A9CF-953957755367.jpeg
    18.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Bringing this forward so we can add Sonya Champ when we have more details.

The suspect met women on dating sites. This is what we know so far about the victims.

Suspect

Anthony Robinson
Home: Washington D.C., Prince George’s County, Maryland, and New York
Arrested: Rockingham County D.C.

Victims:

1. Stephanie Harrison
Reported Missing: August 31, 2021
Home: California
Last known location: Moon Inn, Fairfax County
2. Cheyenne Brown
Reported missing: October 11, 2021
Home: Southeast D.C.
Found: December 15, 2021
3. Elizabeth Redmond
Police report: November 10, 2021
Age 54
Home: Harrisonburg
Missing from: Howard Johnson Hotel
Found: November 23, 2021, Harrisonburg
4. Tonita Lorice Smith
Report missing: November 19, 2021
Age 39
Home: Charlotteville
Found: Nov. 23, 2021, Harrisonburg​

The remains of a woman found in a shopping cart this week in Washington, D.C. was positively identified by police officials Saturday, according to local reports.

Sonya Champ, 40, is believed to be the fifth victim in a number of murders carried out by a serial assailant dubbed the "shopping cart killer," according to NBC News.

Virginia police identify fifth possible 'shopping cart killer' victim

Unfortuntely, I feel like slowly more victims will be added.

She's the fifth victim they've identified, but I notice the text refers to her as the "first victim." Hopefully that means he hasn't been doing this for years!

A woman's corpse found covered 'only in a blanket' in a shopping cart last September may have been the first victim of the 'shopping cart killer,' a Washington, DC, man accused of killing four other women by luring them on dating apps to hotel rooms before murdering them and carting their bodies to nondescript locations.

She's the fifth victim they've identified, but I notice the text refers to her as the "first victim." Hopefully that means he hasn't been doing this for years!

A woman's corpse found covered 'only in a blanket' in a shopping cart last September may have been the first victim of the 'shopping cart killer,' a Washington, DC, man accused of killing four other women by luring them on dating apps to hotel rooms before murdering them and carting their bodies to nondescript locations.
i hope but it is DM who have a history of misquoting things.

My gosh…. Not to get off the topic of this thread but Lawrence Foster is a damn MONSTER!!
Google him.

My gosh…. Not to get off the topic of this thread but Lawrence Foster is a damn MONSTER!!
Google him.

I'm lost. Is Lawrence Foster related to Anthony Robinson?

Reactions: nao
I'm lost. Is Lawrence Foster related to Anthony Robinson?

No.

He also killed a person (as it turns out, his own daughter) whose body was found disposed of in a shopping cart in Baltimore.

There was a well-established pattern of domestic and sexual violence against his daughter and many other members of the family. It's gruesome but unrelated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lisacfuller
Back