GUILTY VA - Suzanne "Suzie" Fairman, 53, found asphyxiated in bath tub, Richmond, May 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dissmeguys....all investigators released was there was a bloody knife on the bathroom counter. Autopsy revealed she died from asphyxiation, manner homicide. Nothing has been released if she had stab wounds. Or that blood was her's. I would think if it wasn't, the murderer would have taken the knife so DNA couln't be matched. I have no insider info btw and didn't know her.

See and that's the thing, it's not only that this case has seemingly dropped off EVERYONE'S radar and no new info is being released, but hardly any info was released in the first place! We know seemingly so little about this case don't yall think??

53 years old
VCU administrator for 13 years
One son (who was in Idaho when she was murdered, but lives in NC)
Lived alone
She was supposed to go to Florida to see her mother for Mother's Day- didn't show-that's when police were called to do a wellness check and found her deceased
No forced entry
Found face down in bathtub with water running
Knife with blood on a nearby counter
Died of asphyxiation
LE has classified the case as a homicide
Evidence taken from her house- knife/gloves/bandanna/cord/swabs of red stains/tablets/computers/cell phones and bedding

And that's it???? It's odd. 3 months later and we know nothing else.
When was she last seen? By who? Any other wounds? Anything missing from the house? Anything found on cell phones? Last calls made? Obvious struggle inside the house? Murdered with the cord taken for evidence? Deceased when put in the bathtub? Why put her in the bathtub?? Drown her? How long had she been there? The water was still running! Did she have a boyfriend or significant other? Gone on any dates recently? Had any work done to the house? Maybe a construction worker, or cable guy, or landscaper, anyone coming/going recently? Neighbors hear anything?? Ahhh there are so many questions I really hope we get some answers.

I personally knew Suzie and was horrified to hear of this awful story.

I visited her in Richmond last September. My neighbor here in California introduced me to her. I stayed with her in her home on Tanglewood Road for about a week. I got to know her pretty well. She was indeed a beautiful, caring person, inside and out.

Who could have done such a horrible thing? Well, I know of one person because she told me herself. She has a very violent, evil, hateful ex-husband. Years ago he threatened to kill her and her son. When she subsequently learned that he had discovered where she lived, she really freaked out. I'm sure the cops have tracked him down and ruled him out.

She also had two very close girlfriends, one of whom I met when I was out there. If anybody knew what was going on in her life, it would have been those girls.

At the time that I went out there she did have a profile on Match. That's how I initially contacted her. And you are right, she led a very safe, balanced, positive, healthy lifestyle. She did not hang out with sketchy people. She had a great life, and a beautiful home.

However, she seemed very trusting. She would jog early in the morning while training for marathon, with no protection. No pepper spray, no concealed carry, not even a phone.

There is nothing long-term that developed between us. When I heard about this story and saw the son's interview, I actually called the detective working the case. I gave him the information about my visit, the ex-husband, and the two girlfriends. Beyond that the cops had no further questions for me.

The lack of forced entry indicates that it was probably someone that she knew. I don't know if she met somebody else online or not. But this sure is a tragedy and a big loss to so many people who knew her.

Richmond Police have arrested a man in connection to the murder of a VCU operations administrator found dead, face-down in the bathtub of her home“Detectives identified this person within days of the homicide when he was jailed on charges not directly related to our case,” said Major Crimes Captain James Laino. “While I wish we could have said something sooner to calm the fears of the community, we couldn’t speak to the matter publicly until we were further along with the investigation.”

They won't give a name but I can only guess it could be the ex-husband
Arrest made in connection to murder of VCU administrator killed in home

Oh my goodness I just saw the news!!!! I am so glad someone has been arrested. Oh wow I’m just speechless. I’m so glad her murderer will be held accountable for what he has done to such a wonderful woman

This makes me so happy. This has been one of the cases that is very disturbing - almost like the police were like “oh well, we give up.” So very glad to see an arrest made. She seemed to be a very special person who meant a lot to to many, especially her son and grandchildren. I hope this monster never sees the light of day again.

So her first ex husband was a violent bad man and she was afraid of him?! I hope they lock him up and throw away the key.

In the linked video in the last article that was posted, the reporter said she was bound at her wrists and ankles. I never heard that before. It sure wasn't staged as a suicide...sounds more like she was tortured. Makes me so angry!

Last edited:
The ex-husband in Missouri is my dad. That isn't who they are talking about. She had someone before she met him... They never told me much about that time in her life, but I knew it was bad. I'm so overjoyed that they arrested someone.

Yes, I heard all about it...it was really bad. And I thought she had been living in the midwest at that time.

Cops, lawyers, restraining orders, all of it. He was violent, dangerous, and armed. Again, this was years ago, but she thought he was going to come out there and kill her...and her son.

Don't know if that's who they arrested. But a lot of locals in Richmond have to be relieved that they've got a suspect and he's behind bars.

That is my question too. If it is an adult male, he should be named right? Maybe they aren't because formal charges haven't been filed?
Must be that but he is under arrest according to them. I guess they will be filing formal charges soon. Not sure why they would announce it if they weren’t going to file charges immediately.

Must be that but he is under arrest according to them. I guess they will be filing formal charges soon. Not sure why they would announce it if they weren’t going to file charges immediately.

True. I haven't been able to get any additional information so I'm just glued to the internet, waiting for something to be reported.

I'm thinking the guy who murdered her was someone local. The way I'm reading the articles, the guy who killed Suzie was arrested a couple days after her murder for some completely unrelated charge. I'm thinking he had defensive wounds and possibly police took DNA evidence that linked him back to the crime scene at Suzie's house. Now they've arrested him again, but for murdering Suzie. I don't know, that whole thing just makes me think he lives in Richmond. I wonder if he had been in jail since he was arrested that first time in May after he murdered her and that's why LE hasn't felt the need to inform the public about what's going on because they knew everyone was safe since the murderer was already in jail. Maybe he just got out and that's why they had to make an arrest now?
But I am SO confused why they haven't named him yet, very odd. Not sure what the deal is there but I wish we could get some more information.

Mks762...we're thinking alike. I've gone over Richmond arrests that happened days later and don't see anything that fits in with an ex being held that long by Richmond. Lots of shootings, drug and gang violence, robberies not near her....

They said they hadn't filed charges so he hasn't been arrested for her murder....so he had to have done something else big to be held 3 months on something else.

Perhaps if it was ex he was picked up elsewhere for a parole violation? It is strange he hasn't been named yet.

Last edited:

So, I never met Scott, but I heard a lot about him. When I was corresponding with Susie, as well as when I was out there in person.

It is pretty amazing that he's taking inspiration from his mom and making that a positive thing in his life.

Suzie sent me pictures of herself, Scott, and his kids. He's in Raleigh North Carolina, and is in the Air Force Reserves.

Suzie was so gorgeous that she could have passed for his wife, and the mother of his kids...she actually got that sometimes. Turns out I still got pictures of them on my phone.

Can't figure out why it took the cops so long to announce that arrest. And why there has been no further media or law enforcement coverage of her case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back