GUILTY VA - Suzanne "Suzie" Fairman, 53, found asphyxiated in bath tub, Richmond, May 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm local and can tell you there is just silence. I was discussing it with a friend today, and she thought the news reports said her killer was arrested. No, they did not. They said 3 months later that within days a POI was arrested on charges unrelated to this crime, but they couldn't tell us. They said they had not filed formal charges in connection to her murder yet.

1) Why is POI still not being named?
2) What city has him in custody? Richmond? I checked the public arrest reports within days after her murder, and all I could find were drug/gang/drive-by shooting related.

I'm not local, but definitely been out there.

The cops have to clarify what they've got and what they don't have. If they got a suspect they got to let the locals know. If not, you got a killer running around on the loose

And in A very upscale, nice neighborhood with a girl who was not hanging out with sketchy people, she had her act together

All I can think of is Carolyn Byington’s murder. They didn’t announce anything until they had him. I think they are close and I hope Suzie and her family get justice. This case hurt my heart. Just a woman full of life... gone. :(

Yes, a tragedy. She was full of life. She was a spectacular person and a positive influence on so many of those around her. She had everything to live for.

Sometimes bad things happen to good people. That sounds like the case here. I don't know if it was the ex-husband, somebody she met online, a local in her neighborhood, just don't know.

So...anyone heard anything? I've heard nothing. POI still not named by media or announced as formally charged....which makes me wonder if they even have the right person. Or if a murderer is still running loose in Richmond. Why in the world has the POI not been named if he's in custody on other charges...I don't get it. No one seems to be asking who.

I'm also curious as she was fearful of an ex if she had cameras outside her home.

I was there, and she was fearful of an ex but that was years ago, not recently. So I don't know if that was him.

She did not have cameras around the house. Like I said before, she was kind of trusting. That may have had something to do with it but I'm not sure because the cops have not released any information.

Meantime, the locals in Richmond got to be pretty concerned with no info and a murderer running around town

I met Suzie on Match.com and began dating her not too long after PFB's visit there (of whom she had nothing but nice things to say, btw). We dated a couple of months, several times going out with one of her close girlfriends. Things wound down after a while and we broke things off completely in December. Nothing dramatic or anything, we just weren't right for the long haul.

I'll echo PFB regarding Susie being an extremely trusting-- and KIND person. She told me once about how she had several conversations with a homeless man she would bump into on the VCU campus. I told her to be careful and she said something like, "He just needs someone to listen to him and show him some compassion." THAT is exactly who she was-- incredibly kind, fearless (maybe to a fault) and with a positivity and goodness that I couldn't even come close to keeping up with.

PFB is correct about the early morning runs with not even a cell-phone. I talked to her several times about that, urging her to carry something-- ANYTHING-- or at least not run by the river which, in some areas, can be a sketchy place even in mid-afternoon. She said nothing bad would happen to her because she didn't put that out into the Universe. I wish that had been the case...

Anyway, I don't really follow local news, and only learned of this recently, when the topic of a murder on Tanglewood came up on a local neighborhood crime thread. I saw the street name and was wondering if maybe it was near Suzie's house. Sadly, all too near.

Suzie and I messaged quite a bit over those couple of months-- text, Facebook, and of course, Match, and we spent time with her friend at concerts, dinner, etc. I guess the police are super certain in their person of interest because they must have all kinds of records of our relationship, but no one ever contacted me. Had I not seen that one thread, I wouldn't even know about it.

I check every day now to see if they are going say something-- anything. I don't know if I will feel better if it was random or if it was someone she knew or had recently met. All I know is it makes me sick to my stomach. She was a truly bright light, a loving mom, and a doting "Gigi" to her grandsons. I am glad to have known her and to have spent time with her and I hate it that some animal took her from the world.

Last edited:
Yes biker...you got it all right. She was an amazing person, a good heart and a good soul. She was just amazing.

I spent a week on Tanglewood Road as her guest. Right where they found her body. Unbelievable....

I would have done anything to make it happen with her, but it turns out she just didn't have the chemistry.

She did not hang out with any sketchy people and had her act altogether as you know. But like I said, she was very trusting. Saw other examples that that when I was out there.

Like I said, sometimes bad things happen to good people.

I met Suzie on Match.com and began dating her not too long after PFB's visit there (of whom she had nothing but nice things to say, btw). We dated a couple of months, several times going out with one of her close girlfriends. Things wound down after a while and we broke things off completely in December. Nothing dramatic or anything, we just weren't right for the long haul.

I'll echo PFB regarding Susie being an extremely trusting-- and KIND person. She told me once about how she had several conversations with a homeless man she would bump into on the VCU campus. I told her to be careful and she said something like, "He just needs someone to listen to him and show him some compassion." THAT is exactly who she was-- incredibly kind, fearless (maybe to a fault) and with a positivity and goodness that I couldn't even come close to keeping up with.

PFB is correct about the early morning runs with not even a cell-phone. I talked to her several times about that, urging her to carry something-- ANYTHING-- or at least not run by the river which, in some areas, can be a sketchy place even in mid-afternoon. She said nothing bad would happen to her because she didn't put that out into the Universe. I wish that had been the case...

Anyway, I don't really follow local news, and only learned of this recently, when the topic of a murder on Tanglewood came up on a local neighborhood crime thread. I saw the street name and was wondering if maybe it was near Suzie's house. Sadly, all too near.

Suzie and I messaged quite a bit over those couple of months-- text, Facebook, and of course, Match, and we spent time with her friend at concerts, dinner, etc. I guess the police are super certain in their person of interest because they must have all kinds of records of our relationship, but no one ever contacted me. Had I not seen that one thread, I wouldn't even know about it.

I check every day now to see if they are going say something-- anything. I don't know if I will feel better if it was random or if it was someone she knew or had recently met. All I know is it makes me sick to my stomach. She was a truly bright light, a loving mom, and a doting "Gigi" to her grandsons. I am glad to have known her and to have spent time with her and I hate it that some animal took her from the world.

Thanks for sharing. I just was checking in on this thread to see if any updates. Puzzling nothing is moving forward. Also puzzling no one contacted you, even though a POI hasn’t been named. Hopefully there will be new info soon, it’s been a long time.

MinnyPin, Agreed. It's now been 4 and 1/2 months, and this POI hasn't even been named, even though he was/is in custody. I don't get it. Some news sources didn't say who had him in custody while at least 1 said Richmond. For him to still be in jail 4 and 1/2 months later on an unrelated charge....it had to be big. There were some serious arrests in Richmond a few days later of people whose prints would be on file if one was left at her house. None that I can think would have any connection to her or be in the area of her home though.

She sounds like she was an amazing woman. I hope justice is served.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. I just was checking in on this thread to see if any updates. Puzzling nothing is moving forward. Also puzzling no one contacted you, even though a POI hasn’t been named. Hopefully there will be new info soon, it’s been a long time.

Someone has been arrested.

SilentRogue, who? No one has been charged with her murder. I am local. Last month a yet to be named POI was arrested on an unrelated charge....which police said formal charges in connection would be filed. They haven't been yet. He still hasn't been named. Sadly, too many seem to think someone has already been charged for her murder due to poor reporting. Who has been arrested?? I'm baffled how the community has not been given a name.

I just sent the following to the reporter I heard back from a couple months ago:

I emailed you back in July regarding the Suzie Fairman murder. I was just wondering if you could get any new update? It's been over a month since law enforcement announced they have a person of interest in custody but I haven't seen any other details like, a name??? Has that person been charged with her murder? All I've seen is there's a POI who was jailed on an unrelated charge days after her murder. What was the unrelated charge? Could you please try to get some answers? I don't understand the secrecy surrounding the murder of a VCU admin who was loved by the community. We need some sort of answers. It's been 4 1/2 months since her murder and we basically know nothing.

Will report back if/when I hear from her!
I know this case is local for me so that does make a difference but this is the first case I've felt the need to reach out to reporters to get answers. Why is everything so hush hush with this case??? Why did it take over 3 months for LE to tell us they have a POI, no name, in custody if they knew about it days after the murder???? What in the world is going on here? I'm just baffled why a) we know nothing and b) no one else (except those of us here) seems to care!!
I have to remind myself that I'm sure there's a lot going on behind the scenes that we're not privy to- that goes for a lot of the cases on here- and LE probably has a pretty good reason why they're being tight lipped. It's just frustrating.

What in the hell is going on????!!!! I don't curse on this site and it'll probably block it out, but this is
Richmond Police- "No charges have been filed at this time, so we are unable to release the name of the individual"

The reporter also told me she was going to dig some more to try to get more info.

Mks762, thanks for reaching out. I'm baffled by all of it. Plenty of POIs and suspects have been named before formal charges were filed. I'm even more baffled why we on this board seem to be the only ones questioning why more isn't being shared if he's been in custody for over 4 months. Like a name???

Admittedly, I don't know much about the inner workings of LE on cases like this, but as a citizen of RVA and someone who knew Suzie, it seems crazy to me that they have not said who they have, laid out the charges, etc. Perhaps they don't feel a sense of urgency/pressure? Like maybe because Scott is not local, so she doesn't have family here to advocate for her? I dunno, but it would be nice to have some answers; her family certainly deserves that.

SilentRogue, who? No one has been charged with her murder. I am local. Last month a yet to be named POI was arrested on an unrelated charge....which police said formal charges in connection would be filed. They haven't been yet. He still hasn't been named. Sadly, too many seem to think someone has already been charged for her murder due to poor reporting. Who has been arrested?? I'm baffled how the community has not been given a name.

I'm a local as well. I live in Scott's Addition and went to U of R. They arrested a POI on unrelated charges as pretext.

Why does the community need a name? Someone has been arrested - that's the most important part.

Admittedly, I don't know much about the inner workings of LE on cases like this, but as a citizen of RVA and someone who knew Suzie, it seems crazy to me that they have not said who they have, laid out the charges, etc. Perhaps they don't feel a sense of urgency/pressure? Like maybe because Scott is not local, so she doesn't have family here to advocate for her? I dunno, but it would be nice to have some answers; her family certainly deserves that.

Her family has answers. We don't need to know who, why, or what. Just that something is moving forward - and it is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back