GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks as though they're also searching in JE's home area in North Carolina

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj-exfatherinlaw-easley-may-be-in-120710,0,7507987.story

If he had only recently moved in with the mom, he may be more inclined to head back to his home. It would be easier for him to hide and seek assistance where his friends and family are located.

Can't help but wonder if this girl has tried to contact her friends, too. Hopefully they will tell police if so.

One article said he lived in AL prior to the VA move or the PC did. A search shows prior residency in NC & AL. He was married in eastern NC (Wilmington) 2000, short.

One article said he lived in AL prior to the VA move or the PC did. A search shows prior residency in NC & AL. He was married in eastern NC (Wilmington) 2000, short.

Per his myspace blog (dated 2009), he has a child out of that marriage. What struck me about it was, how could he take another persons child when he is arguing in his blog about how he is having problems seeing his own (wanting to, but not being able to)?

Maybe this is part of the dynamic?
I have no idea, this is all just sad to me.

Yikes, I just did the mobile myspace trick.. I went way back in the statues of Brittnay... no mention of HCB before July 28th. (She does however label it "Hand cuff buddy" - riddle solved.) First time it was mentioned it was mentioned at the beach with Jeff (HCB), July 28th, 2010.. then it was ongoing (and many of them.)
At a point in October (2nd) she realizes her mistake of changing her name to Easley.

Then A LOT of talking about joining her brother to be "in peace."

Sorry if I am repeating, I had to see all this for myself (also, sorry if this is o/t and or against tos).. the information, for how scary it is, is public.

These messages REALLY are alarming. I don't think she was at a right space mentally when the bf came into their lives.

She also has her mood set as -whatever:'(! and her staus updated 5 days ago say: whatever nothing goes right in my life fml. (hcb)ilu - Which I assuming mean hand cuff buddy I love you??? Just a guess.

Hope this is ok to post, if not I will remove!

I wonder what more LE could have to say if they are having another PC later today...

What I'm not understanding is if Tina felt that there was an "inappropriate" connection between Brittany and Jeff, why didn't she get Brittany's father involved? He is a police officer. But on the other hand.....maybe she did and nothing has been said about that yet. I guess it's possible she told them she was going to involve the dad in the situation. That would definitely cause panic in the mind of a pedophile.

She also has her mood set as -whatever:'(! and her staus updated 5 days ago say: whatever nothing goes right in my life fml. (hcb)ilu - Which I assuming mean hand cuff buddy I love you??? Just a guess.

It does mean what you think if what she posted is literal and streamlined in thought. It's hard to say what she is meaning to say without her input, so it's dissecting code.

ilu does mean i love you, or at least how i learned l337 (internet) speak.

But, another thing i saw was her "ily" was sometimes bracketed behind fam(ily).

I believe this girl might have gone with him willingly. It sounds as though something were brewing there for awhile. She looks alot older that 12, and that can be a powerful thing for a young girl.

I think this is pretty creepy. There is something about one of her FB or MS posts that sort of creeped me out....something about when he said to trust him, and when she said he did.....

ugh.

I think it's very interesting her status says this 5 days ago, that would have been friday updated from her cell phone saying :whatever nothing goes right in my life fml. (hch)ilu

fml??? ****** my life? Is that right?

I'm not even sure if i'm posting stuff that is allowed here, can someone help me? Anyone have a link to the rules?

What I'm not understanding is if Tina felt that there was an "inappropriate" connection between Brittany and Jeff, why didn't she get Brittany's father involved? He is a police officer. But on the other hand.....maybe she did and nothing has been said about that yet. I guess it's possible she told them she was going to involve the dad in the situation. That would definitely cause panic in the mind of a pedophile.

She may have under estimated the threat, or thought bio dad would use this against her to try to make B live with him. She lost a son, losing a daughter might have been too much to think about. Or maybe she was trying to keep her man.

Quick question, has this story reached national attention yet? I don't watch tv, and I stay away from news sites because WS is about the most I can handle emotionally at one time (I try not to compound the stress while online.)

I ask this because, let's just say *thinking positive* bf moved out prior to Friday the 3rd, would he have seen/read this news on any media outlet?

I think that just means they have not released an autopsy report. The police may look at a body and say she died from being beaten to death, but a formal autopsy may not be complete, released etc...

I hate to say it because I do think the girl is a victim, but we have seen other cases where a young teen girl was in on the plan, the police may be withholding information from the public so when they do talk to her (hopefully they get the chance) they will be able to know what she saw at the scene, versus hearing it in the press.

If the daughter changed her name in October and it caused a bunch of drama, and her friends are saying this guy was using the daughter, then it seems to me they took their "relationship" underground after she outed them online.

It is tragic that that MAJOR warning sign was brushed off. Of course she had a psycho in her home by that point so maybe it wouldn't have mattered. But it appears to me he had almost two months more to groom this girl and convince her mom was in the way. I hope she didn't know and doesn't have to live with that guilt if she lives through this ordeal.

Very true!!! I think it was meant to read the autopsy had not been concluded. Maybe the presser this afternoon is to release the autopsy findings. Just a guess.

I agree that there is def something odd about their "relationship". I would guess that's why they are asking for her close friends to come forward. They're most likely looking for information she may have told her friends regarding this "relationship". She's 12...no matter how much he may have told her to keep quiet...she told someone something!

With her bio father being a cop, and having shared custody (did I read that?) I am surprised that he was okay with the presence his 12 year old had online. Not to mention this guy moving in, did he know who he was, did he run a background check on him, did B change her name to Easley really recently online, or did biodad never see that?

I think this guy is a predator through and through, sought out a single mom that was vulnerable to get access to her vulnerable daughter. There is no way I think the ily/hcb and name change online were about a step daddy relationship. It was three months. How many fast living 12 year olds are online professing their love for any parent, let alone a 3 month boyfriend of mom, on their social networking pages. The two just don't fit.

Maybe a little girl who never really had a father figure in her life. I find it just as hard to believe that the relationship was romantic - BOTH of these situations are strange in the amount of time they knew each other.

If she was telling him she loved him as a father figure or as a boyfriend it is still scary either way.

Her father leaves them, then her older brother kills himself by mistake - she had no stable male figure. SO it could easily be her relationship was a friendship with him as a kid and older man father figure - OR she had a romantic crush that went badly with a sick man.

Either way she is out there with this lunatic and her mother is dead. MO

I believe this girl might have gone with him willingly. It sounds as though something were brewing there for awhile. She looks alot older that 12, and that can be a powerful thing for a young girl.

I think this is pretty creepy. There is something about one of her FB or MS posts that sort of creeped me out....something about when he said to trust him, and when she said he did.....

ugh.
I agree 100% with you on the creepy thing. But I just can't wrap my mind around the idea that this girl left willingly or that she was involved in her mothers death. She could have left "willingly" with him at any time since we know they lived in the same house. Sure, they'd be on the run and in hiding, but that's what they are now. Something happened in that household that day to cause that poor mother's death and I think it caused panic in the mind of the killer. What if Mom did see something or find evidence of something inappropriate? Him leaving Brittany behind would be leaving a "witness" behind that could prove his "inappropriate" behavior. I hate to even type this, but right now I am worried sick over a possible murder/suicide being the end of this.

Quick question, has this story reached national attention yet? I don't watch tv, and I stay away from news sites because WS is about the most I can handle emotionally at one time (I try not to compound the stress while online.)

I ask this because, let's just say *thinking positive* bf moved out prior to Friday the 3rd, would he have seen/read this news on any media outlet?

Sherbet - The answer to your question is yes. There was a segment on HLN around 2 (EST) today.

COMPLETELY out of the loop on this one....does anyone know what "handcuff budyy" refers to? I tried googling it :loser: and I saw it being used to describe a relationship (it appears to be a type of sexual relationship) but nothing definitive on what kind of relationship would be considered a "handcuff buddy"... any ideas???

Didn't want to lose JE... TS sounds like she had some self-esteem issues, with the way she kept thanking him for being patient with her, etc. I think she was afraid of losing him.

Is the hangman game the same erotica hanging game? or something diff?

for all we know, dad could have showed up at the house. I hope he can prove where he was. I am assuming he knew nothing about this beyond his xwife was living............now wait amin. hes a cop, he had to have been loudly voicing the dangers of some guy living in the house with he daughter. He is not blind to the dangers of this world.
I dont have much faith in background checks. In Ohio, 3 months back is a background check.

I still sit here in amazment at all the things you all do.

I am posting the 3 missing boys in Northern Ohio/ southern MI. and now posting this one. I get very few remarks. But Im just hoping that someone on FB with me by some chance has seen something.

Brittany has a best friend I would think, I wonder if best friend is protecting her? or so she thinks.

I found the father's facebook, not sure if i am allowed to post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke