GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brittany "DID" have a cell phone but unsure if she has it with her now.

Haven't gotten information back yet as to whether JE has a prior criminal record.

Oh god - no tips from outside the area. This is not good.

Biodad has joint custody.

No contact from outside states, they could be on the road for several days now.

/presser

Per PC...TS and him were still living together last Friday. He's another landscaper!!! Geez.

I think Chief Lavender said that Brittany and her Mom were last seen mid morning on Thursday (ETA: leaving their residence). Easley was reportedly seen on Friday in the SE area of Roanoke (City).

For those who are not local - The Roanoke Valley consist of: Roanoke City, The Town of Vinton, Salem City and Roanoke County surrounds the 3. All are separate entities but considered the Roanoke Valley.

PC: Tina met Jeff online this summer and he moved into the house in October.

MO:It took him less than 3 months to groom the child and murder and flea.

Her BEST friend MUST know something! Please call police or email!

I wonder if Brittany's father knew that his ex had met this man online and moved him in? I can't believe how often we hear this...how can women do this, with or without kids? I just don't get it...

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/livestreaming/

on now, jmo, not really saying anything.

I believe I heard a woman say come back at 3:30.

Texas Mist, I couldnt hear it very well either.

I had to physically turn my speakers up. I hope they put the mics closer for the next PC (possibly 3:30 ?) or add a few.... the chief's voice is very soft and hard to hear.

I wonder if Brittany's father knew that his ex had met this man online and moved him in? I can't believe how often we hear this...how can women do this, with or without kids? I just don't get it...

I don't know I just don't know - especially with a pre-teen daughter.

So true...too bad more people aren't aware of WS and "get informed" of the world today.

The mother's MS page is disturbing. imo

No info that Britt left with the bf, they believe that she is with him.
Numerous tips, most local.
No clue to where the two could be, frustrated with lack of information in the case.

No information leading to say bf killed the mother.
They want Brittnay back safely.

Then investigate the murder thoroughly.

According to one article, LE was called there on Sunday, but didn't see anything "unusal". They knocked on the door, but did not enter. Checked the premises I guess and left. Big time loss in a missing child's case...not to mention possible murder perp too.

I don't think one really needs to be informed to know it is not a good idea to move a man into your home, one you do not even know, if you have a young daughter, or any child, at home...of course the mom could not have predicted this happening, but nothing good was likely to come of it...

UPDATED: Police chief says missing girl is still in grave danger; appeals to friends for more information

Smith is believed to be with 32-year-old Jeffrey Scott Easley, a friend of her mothers who she met online this summer. Easley moved into Tina Smith's home in October. Tina Smith was found dead Monday in her home on Fort Lewis Circle. The medical examiner is still conducting the autopsy of Tina Smith. Authorities hope to have a cause of death by Tuesday afternoon.
Easley was last seen in Southeast Roanoke Friday night. Tina Smith and her daughter, Brittany, were seen leaving their home Friday morning, according to Lavinder.
When asked if Brittany Mae Smith was abducted, Roanoke County Police Chief Ray Lavinder answered that they feel confident that she is with Easley. Easley has family in Eastern North Carolina and Alabama. Police are checking in both areas for any information about Easley.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ert-issued-for-missing-120610,0,5001539.story

new article - but apparently more info was in presser.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/270010

Thanks so much to all that updated us on the presser.

(snipped from article)

"An autopsy hadn't concluded a cause of death, Lavinder said"

Which would mean there were no obvious signs of trauma. No gun shot, no stab wounds, no blunt force trauma. Have any of the reports stated that she was murdered??? I've only seen reports that state she "was found dead". Wondering what evidence they would have that she was murdered besides common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke