GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/270010

If the names Tina and Brittany Smith sound familiar to you, it's because ABC 13 did a story with them a year and a half ago about Tina's son, Tyler.
http://www.wset.com/Global/story.asp?S=13626901

At a noon press conference, authorities say the suspect, 32-year-old Jeffrey Easley, moved in with Smith and her mother in October.

He started an internet relationship with Brittany's mother Tina Smith over the summer.

Easley has family ties in eastern North Carolina and Alabama.

The amber alert will be extended for an additional 24 hours.

Neither Easley nor Smith have been seen since Friday.

Police have established an e-mail address for tips on the girl's whereabouts. Email findbrittany@roanokecountyva.gov if you know anything about this case.

http://www.wset.com/Global/story.asp?S=13624203

We're learning more about the man police believe abducted 12-year-old Brittany Mae Smith.

Jeffrey Scott Easley attended high school in Ayden, North Carolina in the mid 90s.

He also has been previously married in Wilmington, North Carolina.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj-exfatherinlaw-easley-may-be-in-120710,0,7507987.story

Another news conference is schedule for 3:30 p.m. WDBJ7.com will live stream the news conference.
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj-amber-alert-issued-for-missing-120610,0,5737411.story

http://www2.wsls.com/news/2010/dec/...ence-set-update-brittany-smith-abd-ar-700312/

You are so right Holly. I know 3 people that have openly said they do not read the news or watch news on tv because its only bad news. I was shocked to hear them say that. All 3 have jobs that require them to be part of society. I want to know whats going on. I want to be prepared as possible. I want to scream and yell at parents that think they know where and what their children are doing.

<<<<<pushed band stand back.

I don't think one really needs to be informed to know it is not a good idea to move a man into your home, one you do not even know, if you have a young daughter, or any child, at home...of course the mom could not have predicted this happening, but nothing good was likely to come of it...

Your right, maybe they were just informed or even knew better, but couldn't resist. Seems to be many women moving their pen pals and FB freinds into their home with young teens and then tragedy pervails. Just to have someone to snuggle with!!!

(snipped from article)

"An autopsy hadn't concluded a cause of death, Lavinder said"

Which would mean there were no obvious signs of trauma. No gun shot, no stab wounds, no blunt force trauma. Have any of the reports stated that she was murdered??? I've only seen reports that state she "was found dead". Wondering what evidence they would have that she was murdered besides common sense.
didn't they say in the presser they were still doing the autopsy? perhaps the reporter meant to say the autopsy hasn't concluded...

imhoo I think that the 1530 presser will be to release autopsy results/cod... just moo though :-)

So true...too bad more people aren't aware of WS and "get informed" of the world today.

(sbm) Seriously! I so agree.

Also, this is a good time to talk to your kiddos about how dangerous that "choking game" is. It's also called Elevator, Pass out Game, Hangman, Tap Out, Blackout, Flatliner... Good website with info here: http://chokinggame.net/

I'm praying for the family and friends I am thinking maybe Tina seen Easley making advances to Brittany and called him out on it or she walked in and seen something. I really believe his intentions could have been Brittany the whole time. I hope this isn't the case I hope she is Okay and doesn't know anything that has happened to her mother and not involved. Just my opinion on everything I've read about he seemed more so interested in Brittany than he did her mother and could have easily brainwashed her and told her many lies and stories. I wonder if Britanny kept a diary also.

(sbm) Seriously! I so agree.

Also, this is a good time to talk to your kiddos about how dangerous that "choking game" is. It's also called Elevator, Pass out Game, Hangman, Tap Out, Blackout, Flatliner... Good website with info here: http://chokinggame.net/

Good heavens. I have never heard of this at all. It never ceases to amaze me how much things have changed since my generation were kids, but yet with every new day you hear something even sadder and more shocking, like this. I can't imagine someone voluntarily taking this kind of chance w/ their life!! And calling it a GAME!!

From the Help Find Brittany FB page:

Sighting or Info contact: Roanoke County Police Dept at (540)562-3265 or the Virginia State Police at 1-800-822-4453 (1-800-VACHILD).

Britanny's Friends / Glenvar Students with any info contact Det Farris 537-2613 or Det. Vanpatten 537-2611 Police lines 562-3265 or 777-8141 or email findbrittany@roanokecountyva.gov
** Brittany - if you can, call and let someone know you're okay. **

The mother and daughter were both in a vulnerable place. Grief wears you down and makes you needy. Clear thinking goes out the window. I have a feeling it was more about a sympathetic ear to the mom rather than a snuggle. Daughter looks like she's trying to grow up too fast. Perhaps the mom was concerned and voiced this to JE and he took advantage. You just never know how these things play out.

Why even hold a press conference if you are going to have one a few short hours later??? :waitasec:

AGAIN, change your name/picture on MS it changes the picture/name for every post she ever made, starting from day 1.

Do we know "who" changed Britanny's name?

I am very aware of that, it will also change your profile picture.

What I mean is that her mother would have access to her actual my space itself. If she was a friend on her my space, obviously she knew about her my space since they talked on there. This wasn't a case of a kid hiding her my space from her mother. Her mother would have seen the comments back and forth between her 12 year old daughter and a 32 year old man, her daughter's pictures, her daughter's name change.

And yes, we know Brittany changed her name on everything. She comments on her status message on October 2nd/3rd I believe, that she did it and it screwed everything up. It's further up in this thread. So unless someone hacked into her account 2 months ago to post that status message and she hadn't changed anything back yet, it was her.

With her bio father being a cop, and having shared custody (did I read that?) I am surprised that he was okay with the presence his 12 year old had online. Not to mention this guy moving in, did he know who he was, did he run a background check on him, did B change her name to Easley really recently online, or did biodad never see that?

I think this guy is a predator through and through, sought out a single mom that was vulnerable to get access to her vulnerable daughter. There is no way I think the ily/hcb and name change online were about a step daddy relationship. It was three months. How many fast living 12 year olds are online professing their love for any parent, let alone a 3 month boyfriend of mom, on their social networking pages. The two just don't fit.

I hate to say this but what I'm thinking is that Friday the girl came home from school, and TS confronted her daughter on her suspicions, it got really bad and BS hit her mother with something a few times, in walks JB and she is freaking out, he hands her his keys and tells her to go (someplace) and he will be there. She leaves, he hits TS a few more times that kills her, gets in TS car shortly after and joins her. They ditch his car, she hops in TS car and she is with him because of fear about hurting her mother. Of course this plays into JB's hand beautifully.

Why even hold a press conference if you are going to have one a few short hours later??? :waitasec:

I am very aware of that, it will also change your profile picture.

What I mean is that her mother would have access to her actual my space itself. If she was a friend on her my space, obviously she knew about her my space since they talked on there. This wasn't a case of a kid hiding her my space from her mother. Her mother would have seen the comments back and forth between her 12 year old daughter and a 32 year old man, her daughter's pictures, her daughter's name change.

And yes, we know Brittany changed her name on everything. She comments on her status message on October 2nd/3rd I believe, that she did it and it screwed everything up. It's further up in this thread. So unless someone hacked into her account 2 months ago to post that status message and she hadn't changed anything back yet, it was her.

BBM....if she changed her name back in October, it would have been around the same time he moved in. Is there any indication where "he" lived prior to moving in with TS??? Was he out of state? Homeless? Wondering what the reasoning was for him to move in so quickly after they met.... or maybe I'm just old fashioned.

Looks as though they're also searching in JE's home area in North Carolina

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj-exfatherinlaw-easley-may-be-in-120710,0,7507987.story

If he had only recently moved in with the mom, he may be more inclined to head back to his home. It would be easier for him to hide and seek assistance where his friends and family are located.

Can't help but wonder if this girl has tried to contact her friends, too. Hopefully they will tell police if so.

(snipped from article)

"An autopsy hadn't concluded a cause of death, Lavinder said"

Which would mean there were no obvious signs of trauma. No gun shot, no stab wounds, no blunt force trauma. Have any of the reports stated that she was murdered??? I've only seen reports that state she "was found dead". Wondering what evidence they would have that she was murdered besides common sense.

I think that just means they have not released an autopsy report. The police may look at a body and say she died from being beaten to death, but a formal autopsy may not be complete, released etc...

I hate to say it because I do think the girl is a victim, but we have seen other cases where a young teen girl was in on the plan, the police may be withholding information from the public so when they do talk to her (hopefully they get the chance) they will be able to know what she saw at the scene, versus hearing it in the press.

If the daughter changed her name in October and it caused a bunch of drama, and her friends are saying this guy was using the daughter, then it seems to me they took their "relationship" underground after she outed them online.

It is tragic that that MAJOR warning sign was brushed off. Of course she had a psycho in her home by that point so maybe it wouldn't have mattered. But it appears to me he had almost two months more to groom this girl and convince her mom was in the way. I hope she didn't know and doesn't have to live with that guilt if she lives through this ordeal.

Yikes, I just did the mobile myspace trick.. I went way back in the statues of Brittnay... no mention of HCB before July 28th. (She does however label it "Hand cuff buddy" - riddle solved.) First time it was mentioned it was mentioned at the beach with Jeff (HCB), July 28th, 2010.. then it was ongoing (and many of them.)
At a point in October (2nd) she realizes her mistake of changing her name to Easley.

Then A LOT of talking about joining her brother to be "in peace."

Sorry if I am repeating, I had to see all this for myself (also, sorry if this is o/t and or against tos).. the information, for how scary it is, is public.

These messages REALLY are alarming. I don't think she was at a right space mentally when the bf came into their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke