GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the blue thing in the front of the cart that appears to be coming out of the top of whatever is in the cart is the blue seat abd belt where you put small children and is not part of the thing in the cart.
It looks like a bag in front of the blue thing inside the cart where there is a space. It does make the object appear longer then it is . The angle of the cart/cam also gives it blurry blended appearance.

Have you tryed taking a picture of the picture and enlarging that picture?

Well, from what I get in the picture, the blue childrens seat is pushed up and not down. You can see it faintly above what looks to be poles. Plus, the blue of the seat did not match the hex color of the blue from whatever is in the shopping cart. Even with shading of darker/lighter, it wasn't even in the same hex field as the blue of the children's seat.

Picture7-1-1.png

The top circle is where the childrens seat is located, then the middle circle is what appears to be poles or something coming from the object from the big bottom circle in the shopping cart. It could be part of the item or it could be a seperate item. Another thing is whatever is coming out the back of the cart is actually outside of the cart and not inside where the childrens seat would be located, if it was pushed down.

According to WDBJ, Easley dropped out of high school in Ayden, North Carolina after being arrested for assault with a deadly weapon against a government official. He then moved to Wilmington, married and divorced a year later in 2001. In 2004, he married again in Huntsville, Alabama. He is also reported to have family in the Martinsville, Virginia area.

Easley's ex-father-in-law told WDBJ he was contacted by Roanoke County Police and investigators believe Easley may be in North Carolina.

Investigators believe Easley is driving Tina Smith's 2005 Dodge Neon. The car has Virginia tag XKF-2365.

Easley is considered extremely dangerous, according to investigators.

http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=151499&catid=57

The blue thing in the cart may be bottled water. You can buy the 24 pack bottles that are packaged in plastic. I have some in my house now that are in blue packaging and look a lot like that. Obviously tough to tell for sure though.

I"m not sure but I think when you use a credit card at any wal mart self checkout (assuming that is where he would check out with a stolen card) if the purchase is over 100 dollars then a cashier has to come over and validate it by checking your identification.

I'm thinking that this wasn't a credit card but rather a debit card. Many people say credit card to refer to debit cards.

Just a little update from the state of Florida...

I75 (Irox) has Amber Alert Signs Blasting all up and down the interstate also I 95

There are tons of camping areas around here and most you can set up camp and then a ranger will come around with in the next day or two to collect the payment.

Yes it is cold here this morning and I live on an Island in the Florida Keys...

One of My sisters ( I have 7 ) who lives in Boca Raton FL who drives a Silver Neon..

Was stopped by Troopers last night and let them search her car...

She is in her 50... but is same height and look as BS....

So are boys in Blue are doing their job...

This gives me a glimmer of hope. Thanks so much for this post. I just wish other states were as involved as FL appears to be. It will take the whole country to band together and start looking for all of these missing children and adults. If the latest cases have not caused more national attention; i.e., the three little boys from MI, I don't know what it will take to wake everyone up.

A lot of information here, the name change on fb was kind of explained too.

Just to add to this, although my 13yr old is not allowed to have a facebook, I check out what her classmates are up to (yes, I'm one of those moms) and the kids will also put down friends as their siblings or children or married to etc etc.

I am thinking out loud here and trying to think like this perp.....

I think it is more likely that he went to Wilmington than Ayden. Ayden is a small rural town and it is not very easy to get there. I think he would be spotted very easily there. On the other hand Wilmington is a little big city, (if that makes sense) There would be more places to hide out and I 40 is a straight shot from I 95 to Wilmington. There's not alot of LE presence on the stretch of I 40 to Wilmington from where I 95 exits either.

I will check the Amber Alert sign for any info on Brittany when I drive into town later today. NC should have this plastered everywhere! This guy is dangerous.

It's only a matter of time before he commits more crimes, IMO, if he hasn't already. He will eventually need money and will try and ditch the car and steal another one.

There was a lockdown of 3 schools in Wilm. yesterday. Here is a link to a very vague article but it sounds as though the suspect ditched his car and was trying to take the woman's. Probably not related, but ya never know.
http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=13631167

I'll spread the word to all I know in this area to BOLO for the silver Neon. That's all I know to do. I am so worried about Brittany!

MOO

wm

A lot of information here, the name change on fb was kind of explained too.

I disagree with the 'relatives' belief about the name change. I AGREE that kids DO do this....change their last names to their friends on FB and MS. However they ALSO, and more frequently, change their names to that of their boyfriends.....pretending to be married to the person they are dating.

Brittany changing her last name to Easley would/should have been a HUGE red flag. He isn't her friend!!! He shouldn't be her friend!! She's a 12 year old. imho.

Just wanted to add this with out saying to much... Seeing how LE isn't saying much....

I have a BF that lives in the mountains above Bland VA and she said they LE are looking around that area also...

I don't know how far that is from there last place...

I couldn't read a map if my life depended on it. LOL

However they ALSO, and more frequently, change their names to that of their boyfriends.....pretending to be married to the person they are dating.

RSBM

I agree with you Krista - it looks like it would be the modern day technical -age equivelant of what WE did back in the 70's as kids when we had a crush on a guy - we'd scribble our fantasy "married names" on notebook paper, trying all different combinations LOL

Beth Jones, Beth Smith Jones, Mrs Elizabeth S Jones, Mrs John Q Jones, etc.

I live in central west Florida on the coast and it's forecasted to be 32 here tonight. That's darned cold for being so close to the water. If they do plan on camping, they better drive far, far west. I would think they'd be afraid to seek a homeless shelter or draw attention to themselves by spending all night in a Walmart or whatever. Hopefully it flushes them out when they get cold enough to do something stupid like use one of Tina's credit cards.

I work in hotels, and the fortunate thing is that a older guy checking in with a 12 year-old girl will draw attention. If a front desk agent works at it long enough, they can spot hinkiness before it gets out of the car. Customers might start to blend together for a cashier at a grocery store, but in most hotels you're forced to take ID, get personal information, interact about room types and rates--plenty of time for people to act hedgy and give themselves away as suspicious. People aren't as crafty as they think.

I think Brittany was probably complicit at the beginning, but the reality will probably set in fast. She'll realize the finality of what's happened to her mom. She'll miss her room and her friends and being warm and going to the fridge and reading Harry Potter or whatever else. It was probably all exciting and dangerous at first and she was likely angry at her mother. An anger fed by this guy with whom she was/is infatuated. I don't think this was a forcible abduction, but it might as well be by the end, I'm sure.

Sad. The FB posts really chill to the bone. Family says she was naive and she probably didn't believe it til the very end. Question is, what on earth did he/they say or do to make her so frightened?

She looks older than 12. She also could disguise herself, or he could disguise her, as simply as changing her hairstyle and adding a hat or different kind of clothes. She doesn't look like a pre-teen girl. She looks anywhere for 15 to 18.

CN2 - Bland is about 2 - 2 1/2 hours SW of Roanoke/Salem

Hill remarked that online exchanges between Brittany and her mother, as indicated by Glor, perhaps alluded to a difficult time between the two.
But Lavinder said they don't have any information that the relationship was strained.

"As far as we know, you know, the mother and daughter were doing some shopping or some errands together on Friday morning," he said. "So, we really don't have any positive information that anything like that was going on."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/12/08/earlyshow/main7129593.shtml?tag=contentBody;cbsCarousel

I disagree with the 'relatives' belief about the name change. I AGREE that kids DO do this....change their last names to their friends on FB and MS. However they ALSO, and more frequently, change their names to that of their boyfriends.....pretending to be married to the person they are dating.

Brittany changing her last name to Easley would/should have been a HUGE red flag. He isn't her friend!!! He shouldn't be her friend!! She's a 12 year old. imho.

My kid is always changing her name to . Either to her friends last name or related to something that happened in school.

Right now it is some randam term that isnt her name . Same with my niece who is a little older.

I could see how the relatives would miss it but no way should mom or dad missed it. They should know why the kid is using the name.

Also my 13 year old is the same build as Brittany as is my 12 year old. I dont think she looks older. I think she looks exactly like a 12-13 year old.

My niece is 15 and she looks alot older than my 2 girls.

...(snipped)...

Also my 13 year old is the same build as Brittany as is my 12 year old. I dont think she looks older. I think she looks exactly like a 12-13 year old.

My niece is 15 and she looks alot older than my 2 girls.

For me, it's not just her 'build', it's the way she dressed and the sultry/pouty looks. And pulling her shirt up in the MS pic. I saw more than one picture with alot of cleavage - even a push-up bra. Very suggestive photos, IMHO. Something happened between the pics someone found last year and the ones from this year - I think something sexual. This is only MOO.

I know 12-yr-old girls w/ the same build but not the makeup, clothing, looks, etc, that I've seen with Brittany.

I'm sure it's been said, but I just can't find it...

What is the date/time stamp on the walmart photo and where is this walmart? Is this the local chain they would use or not? TIA!!

ETA: Found it. "Police did release a surveillance camera photograph that captured Brittany leaving a Walmart store in her hometown of Salem, Va., Friday evening in the company of Jeffrey Scott Easley, a 32-year-old landscaper who met Tina Smith online this summer and moved into their house in October. "

http://abcnews.go.com/US/amber-aler...inues-mothers-murder/story?id=12340893&page=1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz