GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
can we start the timeline on Thanksgiving when family witnessed inappropriate touching between JE and BS? Then the date the relatives called and Tina said "He is out of here". Then the relative contacted social services on Friday the 3rd. This all happened that last week before she was killed, I think it all plays into whatever happened to her.

I personally think someone would have spotted that car if they were moving around. Just my own opinion but I think this guy found a place for them to hide closeby way before he took Brittany. He could have manipulated the mother and daughter so much that each was afraid to go against him and so it has given the appearance Brittany AND the mom wanted to be more than his friend. I cringe at the thought of TS going to work and worrying all her shift about her daughter being alone with this creep. Then poor Brittany had to go to school and was probably afraid for her mom too. She was very vulnerable with the holidays coming up and being without her son, and so if he said "if you go to work and say anything to anyone, you and your daughter will both suffer". JMO or imagination at work here. I am leaning more towards BS not going willingly with this guy. He could have even drugged her and that may be why he did not have to be holding onto her as they were leaving Walmart.

Once again, I have to question why no one who was suspicious said anything to Brittany's father. The man is a police officer. Why call CCS but not mention a word to the dad?

Probably because Tina's family didn't want this to look bad on Tina (in regards to her ex) if this were really nothing....I'm guessing.

Once again, I have to question why no one who was suspicious said anything to Brittany's father. The man is a police officer. Why call CCS but not mention a word to the dad?

I thought I had heard that the dad doesn't really have a relationship with her and hasn't seen her in quite a while. I may be mistaken though.

Probably because Tina's family didn't want this to look bad on Tina (in regards to her ex) if this were really nothing....I'm guessing.

but wouldn't CCS notify the father that there was an investigation into his daughter's homelife?

FYI everyone:

First ... Good morning!

Second, thought I'd bring this over since we keep seeing underage children on Facebook & MySpace. This is directly from Facebook, under their terms & services, etc.

No information from children under age 13. If you are under age 13, please do not attempt to register for Facebook or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us through this help page.

Parental participation. We strongly recommend that minors 13 years of age or older ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet and we encourage parents to teach their children about safe internet use practices. Materials to help parents talk to their children about safe internet use can be found on this help page.
Unquote

http://www.facebook.com/policy.php

Facebook specifically states they do not want any information of or from a child under the age of 13 to have an a/c. To report a child under the age of 13, use this help page:
http://www.facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=underage

Here's a link to help parents of children with Facebook a/cs:
http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=937

Reannan, this is definitely not directed at you sweetie. Please don't think that. It's just that the more I come here to Websleuths and we investigate these kids going missing and found DEAD, 9 times out of 10 they have flipping FB or MS a/cs. If we find sex offenders on these internet sites, we turn them in and their a/cs are deleted. Now we're investigating Brittany's disappearance - she's 12! I've seen most or all of her MySpace communications on my iPhone. You can also see it on a Blackberry & Android. All you have to do is go to your phone's browser and log into your MS a/c. The type their myspace url into the browser, it'll pull up their page. Once there just click on STREAM & you can see their content. I don't care what a single person says regarding this - something was going on between this girl & that lunatic for awhile now. It's obvious to anyone that's viewed those comments... What the extent of that was is beyond me as I'm not in their inner circle. If friends & family saw it, how could the mother not have seen it, especially until it was too late? I personally believe he's been GROOMING her for a long time now. Something's hinky, that's for sure. I am personally reporting every single one of her friends as underage to Facebook. If the police or FBI want them to stay up until after their investigation, then they can intervene. These CHILDREN should not be on these social networking sites. Maybe they should try AOL or email through their parents.

I thought I had heard that the dad doesn't really have a relationship with her and hasn't seen her in quite a while. I may be mistaken though.

No, I read an article where he has joint custody and she was seen at church with him this fall. When she went missing, he contacted his former minister, who now attends the same church. (I'll look for the article)

Here you go - it was the article duckingoff posted on the previous page: http://www.gazettevirginian.com/ind...nues-for-missing-girl&catid=34:news&Itemid=54

trying to establish a timeline
establishing time of death difficult
thinking in the region of last friday, difficult to determine

new info about dodge neon, belonged to tina smith, will email pic of what vehicle looks like, has some type of spoiler/fin

but wouldn't CCS notify the father that there was an investigation into his daughter's homelife?

I would guess that they would...but it would not be coming directly from the family - just indirectly. It wouldn't be Tina's family going against her... I'm not explaining this as I'd like...but I hope you get my drift

major concern is 6 days into investigation and no contact with brittany
almost positive that someone knows where they are
weather's bad, need food

"what we are dealing with is a 12 year old girl, consent is irrelevant"

Obtained felony warrant for abduction

Don't forget that she is a 12 year old in the company of a 32 year old man

alot of rumors about relationship and she's 12, can't make consent and not old enough to make decisions
working to execute felony warrant
don't forget 12yo girl with 32yo man

major concern is 6 days into investigation and no contact with brittany
almost positive that someone knows where they are
weather's bad, need food

hollye, is there a link to the presser?

Why does he keep referring to him as "Mister Easley"? To emphasize the fact that he is a grown man to all of her friends that are listening?

Says someone to drop off the face of the earth with little money, thinks someone is giving them money or support. Has no idea where they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper