GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he said that - after the reporter asked him about the purchasing of camping equipment by Easley - but Lavinder didn't confirm it was camping equipment

Jersey Girl i am in total agreement. Not to mention letting your kids on these FB and MS sites includes lying about their age and violates the TOS on the sites as well. That is teaching children it's ok to lie. My children want a FB soo bad just to play games on (treasure island, farmville). I pulled up the TOS and said MAYBE when you're 13. I have friends who let their 6 yr olds have accts. and I've had a fit but they don't care :(

Same here with my 8-yr-old wanting a FB account. I just let him play games on my account but NEVER unsupervised. He has his own login for our family computer and we have to manually enter the websites he can go to. :twocents:

I'm convinced that the "blue thing" in the buggy is a tent. I can't remember who went to Wal-Mart and took the pics...but it seems to match up perfectly.

I am so afraid that if Brittany witnessed or knows something about JE murdering her mom, that JE will murder her to keep her shut up.
I can see a murder/suicide thing and I'm so afraid of that....(snipped)...

This is my fear as well... :(

To the 49 guests who are watching this thread: We'd love to have you join us here on WS - please sign up and share your thoughts/perspectives!

I hope so because it is really driving me BATTY as to what they purchased. I keep looking at that picture and trying to figure out that dang blue thing. I must have a problem because I dreamed about it last night, LOL!

Not sure if you saw this before, but soulmagnent went to walmart and took some pics of a tent in a cart...looks very similar to what JE had in his cart.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - VA VA - AMBER Alert! - Brittany Mae Smith, 12, Salem, 2 Dec 2010

How are they surviving? Did he empty a bank account??? He has to feed her and himself - they have to go in public eventually.

How are they surviving? Did he empty a bank account??? He has to feed her and himself - they have to go in public eventually.

True - but we don't know what food items were taken from the house (or how much - if any). We also don't know what was exactly purchased at Wal-Mart.

There's also "Dine & Dash" and shoplifting...but yes - that would put them out in public.

I'm convinced that the "blue thing" in the buggy is a tent. I can't remember who went to Wal-Mart and took the pics...but it seems to match up perfectly.

Agree! Walmart sells tents that can be used in -15C. Plus they probably bought a portable personal heater, which can also be found in Walmart's camping section. Just go to wallmart.com and see. Heck, Snickers powerbars taste like a candy bar - my kids LOVE them during wrestling season. Boost is cheap and good for you. They don't need to buy steaks & veggies to survive. Between SlimFast, Boost, Powerbars (any kind), oat or granola bars - they wouldn't even need a meal & all of that wouldn't even take up a full Walmart shopping bag.

Mendara, You are absolutely right about this. I fear he will commit additional risky crimes as he feels more desperate.

I hope to see a pic of Mr hand cuff buddy wearing a pair of bling on his wrists very soon...(.flanked by a few handsome LEO's)

I am praying for Brittany and her safety. She's just a kid. I am not sure she even realized/realizes the danger she is in.

Moo

wm

This may not be a popular theory, but it is possible that he was not planning on needing anything longterm. It may be that he had been grooming Brittany but never had the chance to "act" on it. He wanted to get her alone, do what he wanted to do, and then do away with her. :(

On the other hand, the caressing, etc, that the relatives describe sound more like he was really infatuated with her. Maybe that will save her in the end. Unless it becomes an "us and against the world" type of mentality - and there they are backed into a corner again.

If this is going to have a good outcome, I think they need to find her soon.

Soulmagnent is a blessing to websleuths. The round shinny thing may have just been a reflection of some sort, or how about at Lantern? The picture of the axe gave me the creeps.
Did we find out if she went to school last friday? They could have also bought a cell phone. Walmart has a service plan of some sort. Im still believing she has a best friend that knows alot, if not poss knows where they are, or have been in contact.

I feel certain that today is a bad day for this girl, its no longer fun and exciting, her friends cant see her with her great boyfriend. things are going on at school she would want to be in on. If she didnt know her mom was dead, she may very well know it today. How much longer is this creep going to want a 12 yr old crying whinning girl around? He cant let her go.
If they are still driving, I would assume they are not using major roads.

btw, its way cold here in central Fl. There is a major interstate that runs south through Fl, if they are on that road in her mothers car, they will be found. LE keeps a very close eye on that Interstate for illegal drug transport.

JE had 195 friends on FB as of Monday when the story broke. A few minutes ago he was down to 174. Can't see BS friends on FB but could be the same scenario. Just a hunch... maybe LE wants to go back and see who were friends before Friday night. There may be people who "helped" JE and want to appear to have cut ties so as to avoid being charged as accomplices (sp).

I noticed on Monday there was a woman from NC with the same last name. Her wall was made public so I read it. On Mon night she posted her status as to the effect that she was (sad) and another mutual friend to her and JE commented she felt the same below the NC woman's status. Question is - did they feel sad for JE or BS or TS? Why not shock, disbelief or angered? Both ladies have deactivated their accounts. Hmmmm? Maybe LE wants to see and speak to those who de-friended JE and any private messaging that went between them. I can't imagine that they could go far due to public awareness and lack of funds. Does anyone think that someone may likely be feeding them and/or sheltering them. They may have purchased a tent or shelter but that doesn't mean that after a night or two in it that they decided to stay in roughing it mode.

Also JE's mom indicated that she had spoken with him either Fri or Sat night. Could it be possible that JE was fishing to see if mama was aware of anything. At that time he could have been cut off from media coverage due to kiddo being too close by and unaware of her mom being killed. If that's the case his silence since the weekend is even more worrisome if kiddo started to get a clue that momma is not looking for her but instead JE murdered her. This could have all started out in her little mind as a great big adventure if JE was stringing her along to beleive they were only running away so they could be together. I've see older guys totally change young girls by getting them hooked on certain adictive drugs. Girl totally changes and totally needs guy because he is keeping her on that high. Seen it and this situation totally reminds me of it unfortunately....All speculation but thought I would throw it out there.

I also think LE should be Checking the off Season homes through out the mountains in that area,

My BF said that many of the homes are vacant after October and young kids always like to go into them and Party.

And the easiest way for LE to see or know is to Check with The power company in the area..

off season home could be looked at to see power spikes.. They wouldn't need to go door to door.

I believe that the kidnapping charge is more severe if she's taken across state lines. Or maybe it was already the max due to her young age.

It is deplorable that FB and MS are not turning over the accounts to LE (let alone info from them). I thought it was standard operating procedure in serious cases like this, even if it took a warrant. Although I can understand that FB and MS probably intend to protect the privacy of NON-perps, having access to computer accounts could save lives (and waste less LE resources). Hopefully FB and MS will pay heavy civil fines someday.

Just a little update from the state of Florida...

I75 (Irox) has Amber Alert Signs Blasting all up and down the interstate also I 95

There are tons of camping areas around here and most you can set up camp and then a ranger will come around with in the next day or two to collect the payment.

Yes it is cold here this morning and I live on an Island in the Florida Keys...

One of My sisters ( I have 7 ) who lives in Boca Raton FL who drives a Silver Neon..

Was stopped by Troopers last night and let them search her car...

She is in her 50... but is same height and look as BS....

So are boys in Blue are doing their job...

Hi! I used to live in Key West :) I heard it is chilly there lately!

I believe that the kidnapping charge is more severe if she's taken across state lines. Or maybe it was already the max due to her young age.

It is deplorable that FB and MS are not turning over the accounts to LE (let alone info from them). I thought it was standard operating procedure in serious cases like this, even if it took a warrant. Although I can understand that FB and MS probably intend to protect the privacy of NON-perps, having access to computer accounts could save lives (and waste less LE resources). Hopefully FB and MS will pay heavy civil fines someday.

Call me an Activist But when I heard that they were having a hard time I sent an Email to all my Friends to Deactivate there accounts on FB and MS and when the thing asked them WHY, To type in "because you wouldn't give Roanke LE access to Missing Child's Important Information...:angel:

A friend of mine was killed in a jetski accident. We contacted FB and explained that we wanted to remove a picture that showed him lying on the road with a white outline around his body because we didn't want his family to see it after the accident. The picture was taken as a joke the week prior. FB reset the password for us to gain access to his page. Not sure why they are not cooperating with LE.... sounds weird IMO

IMO, the only way they're gonna find Brittany is to find JE. LE needs to give the public anything and everything they know about him. was he in the military? did he have close friends or was he a loner? has he preyed on young girls before? I think you all know what I mean..... :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper