GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine was killed in a jetski accident. We contacted FB and explained that we wanted to remove a picture that showed him lying on the road with a white outline around his body because we didn't want his family to see it after the accident. The picture was taken as a joke the week prior. FB reset the password for us to gain access to his page. Not sure why they are not cooperating with LE.... sounds weird IMO

I am not sure the LE would move to gain the information without a warrent.

If anything became evidence in court it wouldnt be admissable unless taken with a warrent.

I am not sure the LE would move to gain the information without a warrent.

If anything became evidence in court it wouldnt be admissable unless taken with a warrent.

maybe they have accessed the pages, and this is a ploy to have Mister Easley think most of his "secrets" are still safe? just a thought...

maybe they have accessed the pages, and this is a ploy to have Mister Easley think most of his "secrets" are still safe? just a thought...

I don't think they would publicly accuse FB and MS of not cooperating for this.

I didn't see the presser. Just going by what I read here.

I don't think they would publicly accuse FB and MS of not cooperating for this.

I didn't see the presser. Just going by what I read here.

It's so confusing... hard to believe FB or MS would be more concerned about protecting the privacy rights of a missing girl who wasn't old enough to actually have a site then helping in the investigation of that missing girl.

It's so confusing... hard to believe FB or MS would be more concerned about protecting the privacy rights of a missing girl who wasn't old enough to actually have a site then helping in the investigation of that missing girl.

I'm sure they are more concerned about protecting themselves, and their business interests. I would think that both parties (LE & social media sites) would want a warrant, to make sure everything is done correctly and legally.

Hopefully a judge signs a warrant ASAP. I'm surprised it hasn't been done already. Hopefully there is some information that will be helpful. Maybe JE and BS wrote to each other through their FB inboxes.

I just hope they find something -- and fast!!

Action 4 WTAE.com
just reported new lead Walmart story & (presser).........alittle behind.......LOL

IMO, there are enough on computers and screen shots to get a head start on MS and FB.........warrents are just formality for the trial later.
It may be so they can enter all the 'friends' on MS and FB.....innocent people's rights.

Is it possible the long blue thing sticking out of the cart is a gun? Are guns available for sale at Walmart? To me, the long part could be a barrel of a shotgun. JMO

I can't understand why LE didn't get a warrant for the social sites right away. They know darn well they need one. The sites have to cooperate if served with a warrant. What a mess it would be if FB and MS gave access to every Tom, Dick, and Harry who claimed to be LE. Or to every officer wanting access for personal use. That FB page won't move things along...a warrant will.

Thanks for the link.

This is the second story I've read to day that references his high school. The other one quoted a classmate of his from high school. He's 32 -- hasn't been in high school for a long time so I can't figure out why this is relevant. What about his two ex-wives? What about people who knew him before he moved in with TS in October?

If someone asked me what I thought about a guy I went to high school with, I'd probably say he was nice, but I graduated in 92 so who knows if they are the same person as they were back then...I know I'm not!

Maybe I'm missing something.:waitasec:
moo

Some STUPID someone.

If someone helps them (by hiding them or assisting in their flight), don't they realize they'll be prosecuted severely, or could end up dead so as not to be a witness or informant?

Could be a stupid person. I just hope it isn't some innocent family or person who has had their home taken over by this man for access to their vehicle, food and money. JMO. If he is armed, he is very dangerous. He could go on a spree.

Hi, everyone! I'm new to this case and I'm just getting caught up with the threads.

Hoping and praying they find Brittany alive and well soon!!

Thanks for the link.

This is the second story I've read to day that references his high school. The other one quoted a classmate of his from high school. He's 32 -- hasn't been in high school for a long time so I can't figure out why this is relevant. What about his two ex-wives? What about people who knew him before he moved in with TS in October?

If someone asked me what I thought about a guy I went to high school with, I'd probably say he was nice, but I graduated in 92 so who knows if they are the same person as they were back then...I know I'm not!

Maybe I'm missing something.:waitasec:
moo

Wondering the same thing. His ex father-in-law was quoted recently but haven't heard a peep from co-workers or current friends. Maybe his circle of friends are just a weird as he is.

I can't understand why LE didn't get a warrant for the social sites right away. They know darn well they need one. The sites have to cooperate if served with a warrant. What a mess it would be if FB and MS gave access to every Tom, Dick, and Harry who claimed to be LE. Or to every officer wanting access for personal use. That FB page won't move things along...a warrant will.

ITA Too many non-trustworthy LEOs out there that would abuse that right if all that was needed was a request by LE. Sorry, but it's true -- warrant should be easy enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper