GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has nothing to do with the case, but I found it interesting that in the mother's obit, they listed her ex-husband in the 'survived by' section. I don't think I've ever seen an ex mentioned in one before.

I am not saying anything bad here about the girl, but a lot of 12 year olds act/look so much older now days. I have seen the way some of them dress and OMG I woul dhave never let mine out of the house that way. It is very sad that little girls cannot be little girls. We have 2 grand daughters, one 13 and one 12 and they both are still very much little girls and their moms do not let the dress like they are going to a club. It is just sad to me. I cannot see why this girl would have even wanted a relationship with this guy, if that is in fact what has happened. I pray this child is found safe and is returned to her family.

My girls were 10 & 12 when their dad was killed in 82. I rarely dated and there was only 2 maybe 3 guys that were allowed to actually come to my home, and it was at least 2 years before I allowed one guy to come by to pick me up if we were going out. I would meet them some place because I was scared of what may happen until I was sure the guys were ok. No way would I have allowed anyone to move in with us, but I guess I was raised in a different time. I just hope they find her. I agree tho someone has to be helping them becaue of the weather.

Nancy said that relatives called DCF and apparently DCF later came out saying that they didn't answer the phone as they were at their Christmas Party. This phone call was made on Fri., 12/3/10, of which, Brittany was already out of the house and seen in WalMart. Even if DCF answered the phone and went to the house, Brittany was already gone and Brittany's mother would have been discovered sooner, but still deceased.

Nancy was hammering DCF.

Nancy seems to be the only one reporting on a DCF "Christmas party." IIRC, the aunt said it took a few phone calls until she made it to the right department, but the aunt never once said no one answered cuz of a party.

It has nothing to do with the case, but I found it interesting that in the mother's obit, they listed her ex-husband in the 'survived by' section. I don't think I've ever seen an ex mentioned in one before.

He is on her son's memorial site on FB. I don't really find it unusual because look @ the recent passing of Elizabeth Edwards. She and her husband remained close after splitting. Many of my friends who have divorced but have children together have remained a close family unit. It's a win win situation for mom, dad, and kids.

Nancy seems to be the only one reporting on a DCF "Christmas party." IIRC, the aunt said it took a few phone calls until she made it to the right department, but the aunt never once said no one answered cuz of a party.

That's what I thought also based on what I did read but then I thought perhaps I missed something about a DCF Christmas Party. Thank you.

The concerned relative said she attempted to report her concerns to Social Services in Halifax County because “she didn’t know where to start.”

She also dialed an 800 number for child abuse to provide information about her concerns.

“The lady said she would relay the information to Salem Social Services but told me it would be better if I called them directly. I called Salem Social Services and gave them this information Friday, but by that time it was too late,” she said.
http://www.gazettevirginian.com/ind...nues-for-missing-girl&catid=34:news&Itemid=54

I wonder why some have said that on the son's FB, it indicated he did not know his dad? Something to that effect?

Didn't they have different dads? I did I read that wrong before?

I wonder why some have said that on the son's FB, it indicated he did not know his dad? Something to that effect?

Kids had different dads. Kids had different last names. Assuming the 16 yr old that passed away in 09 may have been raised by BS dad. Not sure when TS and daddy #2 got together and split.

The brother had a different dad which he did not have a relationship with. Brittany's dad shared custody with her mom and from all accounts was active in her life.

Perhaps he didn't know his real dad. BS's dad is his step dad.

Did anyone happen to wonder about the last line of the obit? The funeral date is left open but states that the family will be @ xyz address. Is that a message to BS to know where she can contact them or to JSE to know where he can drop her off?

This is stated on his myspace (it is not private)
i dont know my dad and probaly never will, i've lived everywhere in the US and i've also lived in germany,

wonder who he lived with in Germany?

I agree. I have shopped in this very Walmart and spent way over $100 and also gotten money back and I have never been asked to show an ID. No one has ever even looked at my card. I swipe it and put it right back in my wallet.

That how it is at out walmart. One time sent my dd to pick up my meds and The call me for lic number.

my father in law had 2 of his ex's listed in his obituary the kids decided to because they were their mother's.

My boss's obit had her ex listed in it as well. Maybe because of the little girls she left behind. I don't know for sure...

my father in law had 2 of his ex's listed in his obituary the kids decided to because they were their mother's.

My boss's obit had her ex listed in it as well. Maybe because of the little girls she left behind. I don't know for sure...

I'm sure both sides of the family have decided to put up a united front for Brittany's sake. Easely will be trying to read the newspapers whenever he can, and I'm sure Mr. Smith and the Dyers wanted him to see this united family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz