GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, JE must be extradited. He is under arrest. The same cannot be said for Brittany yet so I remain hopeful that she did not harm her mother or had anything to do with a plan to do so.

So happy kiddo is safe. Thank you Lord!!!!! Beer thirty so glad to have virtually met you all peace out wooohooo!!!

I recorded the presser with AUDIO only and the video is in the que to be uploaded to my YT channel. I figure within the hour (9:30 PM EST)the video will be available to listen to.

http://www.youtube.com/Sierra1947

I am also recording NG and that will be uploaded to my channel amd viewable ~10:30 PM EST as long as YT runs smoothly. :)

That's why I haven't been posting here just reading.
ITA I think she was involved...jmo

God I hope not.
I have so few of these cases that I give anyone the benefit of the doubt.
For her own sanity I hope she didn't have anything to do with it. Even if she saw it happen or "willingly" left afterwards, I can't judge her for that. She encountered evil incarnate and lived to tell about it so I can't say she handled any of it wrong from that front. But knowing her mother was going to be killed before it happened, I pray that isn't the case.

It sounded like suspects to me, however the Chief's accent I could have misunderstood but I heard suspects.

I have NG recording so I will replay it and post it if he did indeed say suspects. But I heard subjects. I even giggled to myself that he is such a cop he can't say their names.
If he said subjects that is huge and I will get my camera out an tape it and upload it if it is not uploaded elsewhere first. I really think he said subjects though - and like I said I giggled at him using his cop buzz term!

That's why I haven't been posting here just reading.
ITA I think she was involved...jmo

I don't think she did anything that can cause her to be charged with murder but either way, she is a child who was lost and with a scary adult male so I thank God that she was found safe.

Well, JE must be extradited. He is under arrest. The same cannot be said for Brittany yet so I remain hopeful that she did not harm her mother or had anything to do with a plan to do so.

He probably will be extradited after hearings if he doesn't waive...but there's nothing saying he MUST be. There's been cases where people haven't been extradited.

Replaying Chief:

she is in good hands, and he is in custody w/San Fran Police

I heard him say SUBJECTS not suspects - where did you hear suspects??????? Using the term subjects is not in anyway saying they were both suspects - that is just a LE term for the people whom they are speaking of.

That is what I thought I heard also ANJ, but I was crying and typing and throwing high five's to the hubby all at the same time the presser was going on. But I could have sworn they said subjects not suspects.

OT a little but as soon as I saw the NG banner with her found I ran over to my chair and was screaming I need to get on WS NOW made my hubby chuckle cause I fell over one of the cat's trying to get to my laptop LOL :dance:

I think the reason they are not saying how TS died is they will try to get a confession from JE. If it is known to the public and he admits to it, he can always change his mind and say 'well, no i really didn't do it, I heard it on the news.'
I'm sure they are not saying because they are going to get him to admit to as much as possible.

LE is relieved! Like cheshire cats...imo.

BS is well and in good hands. She is aware her mother is dead. Has talked to family.

Easley in custody and being questioned in SF at the moment.

Caught in retail store....by person who saw report or poster. Captured outside of store. Tent near retail store.

Can only tell limited info.

Caught at 6 PM EST 3PM PST. Tattoos were part of recognition.

LE thanking media for all of their great help.

Detectives to fly out to CA on soonest flight they could get. BS's family may also go and accompany her back if they choose. LE wants to talk to her and of course JE. They see no problem with BS spending some time with family prior....they are flexible.

JE showed no resistance. Don't know the timeline of their trip or when they arrived or how. Car has not been found at this time.

BS will have to see Child Services before she comes home.

Chief thanked all the agencies: FBI, US Marshall Service, Secret Service??? and anyone else if he has forgotten.

FBI thanked all the local LE and spoke of great leadership in Chief Lavinder.

JE will go in front of judicial system for extradition to VA. If Judge does not wave extradition, hearing must be held----could take from 30 days to several months.

They do not know if she was abducted or in agreement. (Answer to press question)

They are not going to talk about murder investigation at this time nor say if JE will be charged.

Not known if they were wearing disguises.

Mr. Livander must of really thought this would end in another murder or murder/suicide,
because he is so happy.

They expect Easley to be back in Virginia with the next week according to the presser.

He said they HOPE to have in there in the next week. They don't know if he's going to waive the process, or not. He very well may not in which case it could be at least a month.

I've listened to the news conference, and heard it said a few times that Brittany knows her mother is dead but what I haven't heard is who told her or when she found out. It was my opinion since this case broke she knew her mother had been killed before being taken away by JE, therefore I'm curious what the answer is. :waitasec: MOO

ETA: this same topic is being discussed now on NG's show.

Guest: Victims of sexual abuse>with mother's homicide, it will be very difficult on her.
She may also be a witness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member