GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Go to narnia at 6:15. Come out and see Found safe!!!!! Thank you iPad..... Been reading all the way home. Wowowowowowowowow. Hope to hear good news regarding her in future days. Now I can have my life back and get off this thread :)

Sure hope you're not driving!!!!!!!!!! HaHa

And false on getting off of this thread to get your life back! There's still trials to go!

Look I'm not going to deviate that she is 12 years old. There is no way I am going to give any blame to a child of that age. Not for one minute. Period

Not sure if any of you have been to San Fran, but there are lots and lots of homeless folks there, so I assume JE and BS tried to blend in with the other homeless, and camp out in the public parks. It's not unusual at all to see homeless camped out there. All over the city.

<modsnip>

Court appointed, a lot of top notch attorney's will be on the list for court appointed cases.

Fo' real?! I guess it's different than in Ohio. Here, unless you can get a top notch to take it pro bono (which I only know of 1 in the last 10 years that has taken a high profile case pro bono), you're stuck with a public defender that wants it over ASAP...at least in my part of the state.

Great Aunt of B: i know it was inappropriate, they were in my house; i called the mother the first of the week and i asked her about it; she said she had talked to B and nothing was going on and he was leaving. (Paraphrased)

No dh driving and laughing at my reading about poster tripping over cat - said that would be me

He said they HOPE to have in there in the next week. They don't know if he's going to waive the process, or not. He very well may not in which case it could be at least a month.

At this point if he used "hope" or "expect" neither is firm that he will be back this week. :crazy:

Hey JE, come on home, we got your Christmas present waitin for ya.

Just came back from eating and found this. Great news so happy she is safe. Btw you guy's rock. If I am ever missing I want all of you on my case.

Look I'm not going to deviate that she is 12 years old. There is no way I am going to give any blame to a child of that age. Not for one minute. Period

I certainly hope it's not the case here, but young kids ARE capable of anything. A 14 year old in FL shot both of his parents in their sleep just yesterday. I'm also thinking of a case in which a 12 year old, I believe, killed his baby sister (said they were wrestling) and was charged.

If they talk to her as a victim without a parent present and no legal representation they can't use anything she says against her in a criminal proceeding.

This is incorrect. It happens every day, all the time. If she was in custody as a suspect of a crime, then yes, but if she was in custody for her own protection, then no.

On NG's show the great aunt was just relating how disturbing JE's behavior toward Brittany was over Thanksgiving, that B's mother was told about it. It appears this may be what led to Brittany's mother being killed. MOO

Of course, CP. Brittany was brainwashed and traumatized. She is a child and unfortunately the mother had this monster move in their home. My guess is that JE was after Brittany the whole time. I bet he planned this. <sic>

High profile, nationwide stage, death penalty?
There is no way he will have a public defender.
Someone will step in and take the case for the coverage.

I think Virginia has some law in place about taking cases for free, Not really sure about it I will have to get back to you but lot of Virginia death penalty cases have used public defenders.

The stepping up for attention thing isnt something I have seen done in VA.

First off, I am very happy they found her alive and well. Reality then sinks in and I think about everything she is going to have to go through now, especially if she did have something to do with her mother's murder. I pray to God that she didn't, but as far as we know, we know no details. It's going to be a long road to recovery for her. They both definitely have a story to tell !

It then makes me think of all the other missing children out there that have families still waiting for them to come home. I took a "obsession" with this case because it was so close to home, as well as the other cases on here that have been located nearby. I think I'm going to start venturing outside my town and check out other cases ; so I can have some ideas on what's going on in other states and maybe in some way I can help with them.

Seeing how much you guys have contributed by passing along information and giving personal opinions and theories makes me proud that we have such a good team on here from all over. I also want to thank everyone for putting in the time with these cases. I know if one of my kids was to ever go missing ( I don't even want to think about it ) or a family member or friend, I would turn to you all in a heartbeat.

:grouphug:

Let's help more cases have a happy ending !

Grove City, OH. I've ordered many a Old Navy things online and they all come out of Grove City...which is a suburb of Columbus. That is where the distribution center is. The likely way out of OH to CA, if they were here, is straight across I-70...which I live just off of. Between C'bus and the border of Indiana, you don't go through many areas that AREN'T rural and farm based. That car could be stashed anywhere.

This is incorrect. It happens every day, all the time. If she was in custody as a suspect of a crime, then yes, but if she was in custody for her own protection, then no.

She is not old enough to waive her rights or understand that what she says can be used against. Add to that the trauma she just went through and it is shaky at best for them to question her without a parent or a lawyer IF they want to use her statements against her.

If it was you child that was just rescued from a rape/kidnapping/possibly saw her parent murdered, and without your presence or an attorney questioned your twelve year old and then tried to use it against them I would imagine you would have an attorney raising hell about it.

You can't waive your rights until you understand you are waiving them.

I certainly hope it's not the case here, but young kids ARE capable of anything. A 14 year old in FL shot both of his parents in their sleep just yesterday. I'm also thinking of a case in which a 12 year old, I believe, killed his baby sister (said they were wrestling) and was charged.

an 11 year old baby faced boy killed his pregnant step mom in Wampum PA
then calmly went to school.

You know what, I do care, BUT these are children with no guidance in their lives.
They need to be helped first before they are prosecuted.And helped before they have no other out and begin a life of a criminal.

She is not old enough to waive her rights or understand that what she says can be used against. Add to that the trauma she just went through and it is shaky at best for them to question her without a parent or a lawyer IF they want to use her statements against her.

If it was you child that was just rescued from a rape/kidnapping/possibly saw her parent murdered, and without your presence or an attorney questioned your twelve year old and then tried to use it against them I would imagine you would have an attorney raising hell about it.

You can't waive your rights until you understand you are waiving them.

I can't think of the case...maybe some of you will...but an underage boy was questioned for something like 18 hours in the death of his younger sister. No parents present. No lawyer present. He kept telling them he didn't do it, but after a while just told them what they wanted to hear. I want to say he was found guilty but it may have been overturned later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member