GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, what did they do to her???
I pray it was quick and she didn't suffer.
IIRC (does anyone remember) before a presser, someone heard and posted
"CRUEL".......................I hope they didn't mean what happened to Tina........

I actually think the WSer heard a reporter say something was brutal...which doesn't present a good mental image. However, they may not have been talking about her. I use the word brutal all the time and not in reference to anything violent (ie, that workout was brutal). We can hope.

OMG, what did they do to her???
I pray it was quick and she didn't suffer.
IIRC (does anyone remember) before a presser, someone heard and posted
"CRUEL".......................I hope they didn't mean what happened to Tina........

I remember the word "brutal" being mentioned. We know her mother said she had been beaten, but that has not been confirmed as the COD. Personally, I had not seen...or rather don't remember any reports of being shot.

JMO...but if Easley....or even her mother for that matter....could have yelled at BS when things started heating up with the hitting...to "Go to her room" or "Get out of here".....

What if the reason we havent heard what was paid for the SUV is because it wasn't paid with $$... What if JE "sold" the SUV to AM in exchange for his taking "care" of Tina..and was told part of the payment was he could take items from the house after doing so?? Just thinking out loud....

It does seem very strange that if JE had received cash for what the vehicle was worth he wouldn't have been panhandling in SF a week later, while camping out in a tent. MOO

I wonder if any neighbours saw the items being removed from the house.

Yes - a love offering is a donation...no set price...just giving what you feel you can

http://www.thenewsrecord.com/index.php?/news/article/memorial_service_set_for_smith/
Memorial service set for Smith
also
A welcome-home candlelight celebration will follow on Sunday, Dec. 19, 4-6 p.m., at Downtown South Boston’s Constitution Square. A love offering will be accepted.

Question by me: What is a love offering? a monetary donation?

I think a "love offering" is something done voluntarily. When my friend passed away, her parents asked for this and a lot of people volunteered ( in her name ) at the church she went to. They helped with programs, events, etc.

Trying to collect my thoughts between what we KNOW vs. what we THINK.

- We KNOW the brother of BS, son of TS, died 8/04/09 at the age of 16. This apparently happened shortly after he was sent to live with his father (who was different than BS's father). He was possibly sent to live with his father due to problems at home with TS.

- We KNOW JE enters the life of TS and BS sometime during the summer of 2010. BS begins posting about "HBC - ily" stuff in June, 2010 and he reportedly "moves" into their home in October. Prior to that, per MySpace postings, he was 'working out' and 'watching movies' with BS. I haven't read TS's MySpace, so anyone with solid info here, please fill in the timeline.

- We KNOW that JE met other family members at Thanksgiving 2010. They did not like what they saw between him and BS because he was 'touching her arm and stroking her hair' in an 'inappropraite' manner. We believe the family called CPS. When did they call??

- We KNOW TS posted on FB on 12/2/2010 "If I should die before I wake God bless my friends. May I be remembered for my good heart and hopeless romantic ways."

- We believe BS did not go to school on 12/3/2010. BS allegedly posted a comment on ???FB/MS???? on 12/3/10 that she wasn't feeling well all over, that even her bones hurt.

- We KNOW TS posted on FB on 12/3/2010 at 1:30 pm "God please protect us from the evils of this world."

- We KNOW TS died sometime on 12/3/2010. The cause of death and time of death are a bit mysterious. There have been repeated reports of the time of death being sometime between 'late morning and early evening hours'. There have been reports in the media from family that TS was "beaten" but there have been reports in the media that she was 'beaten' or 'shot'. Truth is - we do not know how she died, but it was apparently violent enough to be obviously a murder. The body of TS was found inside of the home.

- We KNOW JE/BS were seen purchasing camping equipment with Tina's credit card at WalMart at 1851 West Main Street, Salem, VA on 12/3/2010 between 8:00 and 8:30 pm.

- We KNOW JE/BS arrived in a red SUV that belonged to JE. AM arrived in his purple car slightly before JE/BS and they were seen entering the Apple Market Convenience Store together at 2723 West Main Street, Salem, VA at around 9:20 pm on 10/3/2010. JE is supposed to have sold the red SUV to AM and his girlfriend JM that night. AM may have a past arrest of a sexual assault of a minor. AM and his girlfriend JM have been questioned by LE and their duplex has been searched. AM and JM are currently not charged. They DID have in their possession a flat screen TV, a Wii gaming system, a DVD player and DVDs/Wii games from TS's home, which they claim was 'in the SUV' when they purchased it from JE. These items were reported missing from the home of TS by a family member. AM was obviously with JE/BS the evening they were last seen according to an Amber Alert that was issued. AM never came forward to LE and AM and his girlfriend JM have given conflicting statements to LE.

- Amber Alert issued after TS's body found oin 12/6/2010.

- JE's red SUV was located 12/6/2010 at the home of AM.

- We STRONGLY BELIEVE BS knew her Mom was dead during the time she was seen at WalMart and Apple Market because of what LE has told us, but we do not know when she became aware of her Mom's death.

The big questions (in no particular order):
1. Why did JE/BS meet AM at the Apple Market???
2. What was JE doing with the door of the Apple Market???
3. How did AM get stolen goods from the home of TS?
4. How did JE/BS drive off from the Apple Market in JE's SUV and yet it ended up being found on 12/6/2010 at the home of AM/JM?
5. When did BS know her Mom was dead??
6. Who murdered TS??

great job Reannan-:angel:
<snip> BBM

- We believe BS did not go to school on 12/3/2010. BS allegedly posted a comment on ???FB/MS???? on 12/3/10 that she wasn't feeling well all over, that even her bones hurt.

<snip>Was Brittany beaten into submission to go along with JE's plan?
Also, mother knew something bad was going to happen. JE flew into a rage, for I believe this is a rage killing after TS confronted JE. I think AM as per the latest I have read, has given inconsistent information to LE. I think AM was aware of what happened, but JE acted alone.

It does seem very strange that if JE had received cash for what the vehicle was worth he wouldn't have been panhandling in SF a week later, while camping out in a tent. MOO

Maybe he's more of an opportunist than we had previously imagined... :innocent:

Is it possible the Brittany did not feel well Friday/looked off in video due to some drugs, given to her with or without her permission? If you take drugs and are not used to them, you might well wake up feeling lousy all over, even your bones hurting...

Your post gives me another thought....could the fake ID have been for BS to go to clinic for birth control? I don't know what kind of screening they do? Just wondering....

I've been going back and forth between this and the last thread to catch up on the links. I did see in an article they rec'd cash for the SUV....but now I can't find it!!! JE not being too bright....he may have gotten robbed sometime at the homeless camp...not protecting his assets at all times and hence, they had to panhandle. ??

Memorial set for Smith
Two events have been set for this weekend that will close a chapter in a local family’s nightmare.
More...

Police identify second man in contact with Easley before he left Roanoke Co.
Roanoke County Police confirmed to 10 On Your Side that investigators have identified a second man who had contact with Jeffrey Easley, before Easley left with Brittany Smith for San Francisco.
A criminal complaint filed against Easley by the FBI claims a man picked up Easley and Brittany, after Easley sold his red Chevy SUV on the night of December 3rd.
More...

I've been going back and forth between this and the last thread to catch up on the links. I did see in an article they rec'd cash for the SUV....but now I can't find it!!! JE not being too bright....he may have gotten robbed sometime at the homeless camp...not protecting his assets at all times and hence, they had to panhandle. ??

or JE just got enough money to get to CA...........

Does this help? (I love Google, btw):

http://www2.wsls.com/news/2010/dec/...ack-virginia-easley-court-hearing--ar-715144/

"Investigators believe Easley sold his SUV for cash, and that's why he needed someone to pick him and Brittany up."

I'm not sure if this has been posted or not

http://www2.wsls.com/news/2010/dec/14/criminal-justice-expert-says-public-shouldnt-specu-ar-716410/

RADFORD - We are still waiting to learn more information in the Jeffrey Easley and Brittany Smith case.

Many who have seen the two in surveillance videos taken in Salem have asked why Smith didn't try to get away from Easley in such public settings.

We took that question to local criminal justice expert Dr. Tod Burke works at Radford University.

He's also a former Maryland police officer.

Burke is not working on the Smith-Easley case, but has experience on these type of investigations.

We showed him surveillance videos of the two to get his take.

Here's what he had to say.

(more at link - with video)

hurting all over..............even my bones..........doc appt..........pregnant?
It will work out? everything is for a reason......all the I Love you???
shopping???
Oh LORD, please not this to deal with also!!!

OMG She posted this on FAcebook?

I'm not sure if this has been posted or not

http://www2.wsls.com/news/2010/dec/14/criminal-justice-expert-says-public-shouldnt-specu-ar-716410/

RADFORD - We are still waiting to learn more information in the Jeffrey Easley and Brittany Smith case.

Many who have seen the two in surveillance videos taken in Salem have asked why Smith didn't try to get away from Easley in such public settings.

We took that question to local criminal justice expert Dr. Tod Burke works at Radford University.

He's also a former Maryland police officer.

Burke is not working on the Smith-Easley case, but has experience on these type of investigations.

We showed him surveillance videos of the two to get his take.

Here's what he had to say.

(more at link - with video)

I certainly agree with the man. We don't know what her state of mind was/is.

I haven't seen this posted yet, but if it has please forgive.
Now, looks like a SECOND person (male, not AM's GF) was in contact with BS and JE after the trip to Walmart.
I think there is soooo much out there that hasn't come out yet but I think JE was asked to leave Tina's house that Friday and possibly went to stay with AM and his girlfriend and somehow got a ride back to TS that night (pretense to pick up his belongings?) and brought along a friend with him. LE stated tonight on the news that they are looking for an article of clothing of AM's for evidence. Hum, blood, maybe? I no longer think JE did the murder himself.

http://www2.wsls.com/news/2010/dec/14/investigators-identify-second-man-who-had-contact--ar-716145/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1