VA VA- Unidentified 12-year-old abducted in Spotsylvania, 4 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you abducted a child and were raising him as your own... then one day someone abducts that child, do you call the police and report the child missing?? just thinking

I said the exact same thing a few pages back and this child could have been missing for some time!

If you abducted a child and were raising him as your own... then one day someone abducts that child, do you call the police and report the child missing?? just thinking

Or if u abducted a child and that child escaped and u went out and caught him

The 11-year-old said she was walking home on Tuesday when an unknown man grabbed her in the 43600 block of Mink Meadows Street. (Respectfully snipped)

Knox, The way you posted that information and picture it makes it seem like that is a sketch of the "man in the van". While I get your point, other people may not. Are you able to go back and edit your post to make it clear that the two cases are not definitively related? It was another case that happened to be in the same state around the same time.

Trying to think of other situations which would lead to not reporting your child missing or at least that it was a misunderstanding.

How about a previous parental abduction?

This kid is missing from Tennessee, but the case circumstances say he might be in Virginia. He would be 11 years old now, and has light brown hair.
http://www.forthelost.org/family/fmaranda.html
I'm not saying it's him. At all. I'm just brainstorming.

I haven't read the entire thread but has it been mentioned that perhaps the family is victims as well and aren't able to come forward? Just maybe this child escaped only to get caught again. jmo

I haven't read the entire thread but has it been mentioned that perhaps the family is victims as well and aren't able to come forward? Just maybe this child escaped only to get caught again. jmo

I've been wondering about that too - if this child has a single mother, and she's either held captive or is deceased.

Also, I checked the school district to see if long hair on boys is out of dress code, and there's no mention of a hair code. How common is long hair on boys there, I wonder.

Trying to think of other situations which would lead to not reporting your child missing or at least that it was a misunderstanding.

How about a previous parental abduction?

This kid is missing from Tennessee, but the case circumstances say he might be in Virginia. He would be 11 years old now, and has light brown hair.
http://www.forthelost.org/family/fmaranda.html
I'm not saying it's him. At all. I'm just brainstorming.

bbm

If you met with foul play . Perhaps neighbors should be checking on each other and not assuming people are away for the long week-end.

I've been wondering about that too - if this child has a single mother, and she's either held captive or is deceased.

Also, I checked the school district to see if long hair on boys is out of dress code, and there's no mention of a hair code. How common is long hair on boys there, I wonder.

Out of dress code for long hair? Do schools really have that still in some places?

Out of dress code for long hair? Do schools really have that still in some places?

My son is almost 13, most of the boys in his old school have shaggy/longish hair. So glad he likes his short! but no, i dont think schools can require a certain hairstyle.

if he's even enrolled in a school... homeschooling is quite popular these days. especially if you want to stay off the radar.

My son is almost 13, most of the boys in his old school have shaggy/longish hair. So glad he likes his short! but no, i dont think schools can require a certain hairstyle.

if he's even enrolled in a school... homeschooling is quite popular these days. especially if you want to stay off the radar.

bbm

If this is correct then I guess they can. I haven't searched out the area where this child was taken from though.

http://www.empoweringparents.com/bl...our-childs-hair-to-meet-a-school-dress-code/#

I was inclined to think this might be an autistic child who wandered off and greatly overreacted to a parent retrieving them.

The key thing here, though, is the bike. A parent wouldn't leave the bike behind.

Unless the bike doesn't belong to the child, and he picked it up somewhere in the neighborhood - in which case, you'd think the bike owner would come forward and claim it.

Strange, strange story. I've certainly seen these before, though - where witnesses report a child being dragged off and nothing ever comes of it.

And also apparently not stopping at a red light...that also discredits the possibility of a parent taking.

If this all happened of course. I am giving the benefit of the doubt to the witnesses as more than one seem to be saying the same thing.

Pearce says the boy also reportedly was trying to defend himself with his bicycle, and the door he was dragged through was flapping open when the van drove away.

"Both the vehicle and the child had been seen in the neighborhood in the past week, but nobody had seen that child in that vehicle," Pearce says.

Doesn't sound like a discipline issue. jmo Also, I was thinking more of a child that was abducted as an infant/toddler and has now been abducted again. The color of this work van makes me think of pool companies.

http://www.wtop.com/120/3379863/Mystery-continues-over-missing-boy

I thought of a couple of possibilities:

Yesterday Mr. Carbuff went out hiking with some friends and I drove a couple of hours for lunch and shopping with daughter. Youngest is home from college for the week. Mr. C. left well before I woke up. If youngest had been gone, I wouldn't have thought twice. I would have assumed he got up early to go hiking with his dad. He's sometimes gone two or three days and nothing would be discovered until he got home.

What if the family went away for the weekend someplace he didn't want to go, and they agreed he was old enough to stay home by himself?

RSBM:

2629483_G.jpg

:floorlaugh:

That pic is just too much! Looks like the MAD mag guy! Hilarious!

:truce:

I thought of a couple of possibilities:

Yesterday Mr. Carbuff went out hiking with some friends and I drove a couple of hours for lunch and shopping with daughter. Youngest is home from college for the week. Mr. C. left well before I woke up. If youngest had been gone, I wouldn't have thought twice. I would have assumed he got up early to go hiking with his dad. He's sometimes gone two or three days and nothing would be discovered until he got home.

What if the family went away for the weekend someplace he didn't want to go, and they agreed he was old enough to stay home by himself?

This would definitely be explained why no one has reported him missing. If his family IS away for the long weekend, it's very likely that they have not seen any of the news surrounding this, so they may be completely unaware that their child is missing. Especially if they've gone camping or something and have no cell reception. Maybe he wanted to stay home to spend time with friends, but had no firm plans with any of them, which is why no one has noticed yet.

Although, I would hope that if you'd left your 12 year old at home alone for an entire weekend you would try to call every now and then to see if he was ok, or even have friends or family check in with him at some stage.

Yeah, the only thing that makes no sense is the bike. Maybe the witness was right when they said the kid was walking and then stopped to look at the bike? Then, who's bike is it? What if he stole it from a house whose occupants are away?

If the bike had two flat tyres, could it have been left out ready to be collected for trash or dumped? I'm not sure what condition the rest of it was in, but maybe the boy picked it up thinking that if it was being dumped, he'd have it But then couldn't ride it due to the flat tyres. If that was the case, perhaps no one has missed it yet?

Have the people who said that they'd previously seen the boy in that neighbourhood said if it was on foot, or on that bike?

I thought that he has been seen on that bike? or 'a' bike with flat tyres? a witness mentioned that she heard the sound of flat tyres, that's why she was looking ??

It seems that although this boy has very long hair for a boy, all the witnesses recognize that he's a boy.

At this point, should they focus on teachers in the area making a list of boy students from 5 - 9th grade who have brown hair down the middle of their back? If the witnesses could agree to a basic sketch, and agree this boy really did have long hair - not just shaggy hair - but hair midway down their back - it just seems like a process of elimination would be helpful. This isn't like trying to find a girl with hair that long by elimination.

I'm just so curious.

It seems that although this boy has very long hair for a boy, all the witnesses recognize that he's a boy.

At this point, should they focus on teachers in the area making a list of boy students from 5 - 9th grade who have brown hair down the middle of their back? If the witnesses could agree to a basic sketch, and agree this boy really did have long hair - not just shaggy hair - but hair midway down their back - it just seems like a process of elimination would be helpful. This isn't like trying to find a girl with hair that long by elimination.

I'm just so curious.

I thought they said his hair went half-way down his neck. I know it was called a Justin Bieber type cut at least once. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtKnee
Back