VA - University of Virginia shooting, 3 dead, killer suspected to be student, Charlottesville, 13 Nov 2022 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Looking at the crime, it was possibly targeted. I suspect Christopher Darnell Jones Jr had some grudge issues, which suggests he could be an injustice collector or grudge hoarder.

I would not be surprised if Christopher Darnell Jones Jr had intense envy at his victims.

MEMORIAL SERVICE SATURDAY

Wednesday, President Ryan took to Facebook to share plans for a university-wide memorial.

He shared that instead of a football game this weekend at Scott Stadium, there will be a memorial service held at John Paul Jones Arena.

The service will be held at 3:30 on Saturday and will also be live-streamed.

"To honor the lives of Devon Chandler, Lavel Davis Jr., and D'sean Perry, as well as the two students injured in the shooting, Mike Hollins and Marlee Morgan. The event is open to all," Ryan said

What a beautiful, smart, caring student this young woman on the bus is.
What a tragedy for all involved.
You can hear how traumatized this young lady is as she retells what happened that night . How special for the families to know that people were there in their loved ones' last moments, and tried to help and calm them.

Very touching tributes to the wonderful young men who died.

Virginia football players honored in memorial service
Such young talented lives lost much too soon!
I'm thinking of you D'Sean, Lavel and Devin and all of your loved ones.
I'm thinking of the injured and everyone else on the bus who experienced trauma. You didn't deserve this. I'm thinking of fellow students on the UVA community.
I'm thinking of everyone who cares about all of these people.

<hugs> from a stranger

It's really astonishing how little press coverage this case has gotten relative to the Idaho murders. Perhaps because the killer was caught quickly?

It's really heartbreaking. UVA is a very elite school, and these young men had incredibly bright futures ahead of them that they were robbed of.

It's really astonishing how little press coverage this case has gotten relative to the Idaho murders. Perhaps because the killer was caught quickly?

It's really heartbreaking. UVA is a very elite school, and these young men had incredibly bright futures ahead of them that they were robbed of.
Yes, I am shocked by the seeming lack of interest here in this forum (maybe because the perp was quickly in custody?). Too much tragedy with so many promising young lives lost in both events. It is heartbreaking, to say the least. It is also somewhat overwhelming even to an outsider like me.
JMO

Yes, I am shocked by the seeming lack of interest here in this forum (maybe because the perp was quickly in custody?). Too much tragedy with so many promising young lives lost in both events. It is heartbreaking, to say the least. It is also somewhat overwhelming even to an outsider like me.
JMO
I agree.
I also believe that there simply wasn't much to 'sleuth' as the perpetrator was caught right away. The threads with the most activity are where a search is on for the offender or if someone is missing (particularly if there is video of them before they disappeared), or if the perp possibly tied into other crimes.
Having said that, I still expected more in this case because three young lives were lost and others were traumatized. So many people are affected. It's just incredibly sad.

i really wanna know mot

work backwards. It sounds like he was on the bus and waited until it arrived at the drop off point and then started killing people. If it was an escalation of problems on the bus ride, i think we would hear witness stories about it. Arguments, scuffles, ridicule, etc

Was there anything in the content of the play or the academic proceedings related to this field trip that might have flipped the switch here?

Then there's the hazing, university discipline, football team, gun related stuff that haven't been fleshed out so plenty of rocks to turn over if so inclined.

I don't think it's unusual at all that this particular crime seems to have fallen by the wayside. Partly I believe, it's because this type of crime, a gunman who shoots numerous people has become so ingrained in the psyche of the American public they've become inured to it. Unlike the Idaho murders, where a bloodbath of different type piqued the interest of the public. A knife attack, how novel.

<modsnip: Quoted/referenced post was removed>

What prompted CDJ to commit this crime? A NYT article stated CDJ had a semi-automatic rifle, a handgun, ammunition and what sounds like a bump stock in his dorm room. Did he share a dorm room with anyone? Surely, weapons are not allowed on university property. What about those rap videos he made where he's pointing weapons at the camera and talking about his mental health concerns and how he'd kill people? That surely sounds like a red flag. Nobody thought to advise someone?

I just wonder how some kid who everyone waxed lyrical about in high school and beyond got to this point. It seems like life imitated art. Too bad no one saw the signs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjan
Back