VA - University of Virginia shooting, 3 dead, killer suspected to be student, Charlottesville, 13 Nov 2022 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think it's unusual at all that this particular crime seems to have fallen by the wayside. Partly I believe, it's because this type of crime, a gunman who shoots numerous people has become so ingrained in the psyche of the American public they've become inured to it. Unlike the Idaho murders, where a bloodbath of different type piqued the interest of the public. A knife attack, how novel.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

What prompted CDJ to commit this crime? A NYT article stated CDJ had a semi-automatic rifle, a handgun, ammunition and what sounds like a bump stock in his dorm room. Did he share a dorm room with anyone? Surely, weapons are not allowed on university property. What about those rap videos he made where he's pointing weapons at the camera and talking about his mental health concerns and how he'd kill people? That surely sounds like a red flag. Nobody thought to advise someone?

I just wonder how some kid who everyone waxed lyrical about in high school and beyond got to this point. It seems like life imitated art. Too bad no one saw the signs.
Great post. Totally agree. Red flags for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the crime, it was possibly targeted. I suspect Christopher Darnell Jones Jr had some grudge issues, which suggests he could be an injustice collector or grudge hoarder.

It looks like a targeted killing as he could of shot everyone inside the bus. He clearly had them in mind to kill.

Attachments

• IMG_9756.jpeg
    IMG_9756.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members