VA - Virginia Tech Shooting, 32 murdered, 23 injured, 16 April 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
YES of course cho or anyone as crazy as him could have gotten a gun illegally if he/they really wanted to. but at least a LAW such as this would have made it a little more difficult... inconvenient, if you will. and any chance that that inconvenience might deter some madman from going postal and killing innocent people is obviously worth it,, don't you think.....?

but i propose and even BETTER idea. that people such as him, who hate life and humanity so much and is in THAT much danger of 'snapping'.. should have a better option.. we should offer a free and easy euthanasia solution. hey, let's make it a drive-through service.. they drive in, they drive you out (to the morgue)! that way, if anyone wants to check out so badly they don't have to go through all the trouble of having a shooting spree- and then suicide (by self or by cop) and taking innocent people with them. not every madman would go for it, but perhaps it might save a few lives.

Reb you should send this idea to some lawmakers & have at least a few in every big town & several in every state. Probably save a few mass killings.

See, I think the law should go one step further. I think that not only should it be illegal for someone who is a felon or certifiable to buy a gun (or someone who has a restraining order against them for that matter - is that legal?), I think if they try to buy a gun it should immediately be reported to the police. Then LE can follow up to see what's going on, if the person suddenly has an interest in hunting, got invited to Dick Cheney's house (ok!), or whatever.

Let them know that we know. Ya know? :dance:

i've always been a firm believer that there should be an option to those who hate life and want to die so badly that they are in danger of hurting others. our society will never, ever do this because we are too 'enlightened' and 'civilized' and we have a pathological fear of the slippery slope.
but i for one am sick of seeing people go down in a hail of bullets (or whatever dramatic, over-the-top method they choose) and taking other people with them. hey, you wanna die so freakin' bad?? fine, here-- WE'LL HELP YOU.

this to me, would be part of a true civilized society.

of course you'd have to determine that they are a hopeless case, on the brink of snapping, and that the dangers outweigh the benefits (of helping them stay alive) first.

but unfortunately, the nazis forever tainted the idea of 'humane euthaniasia' for humans.

Good article...so, still no connection found between Cho and Emily, per this article. Interesting. Why did he kill her and Ryan Clark first/at all? I haven't been following too closely, but, no clues in his writings/videos? Not able to tie them together yet in anyway, strange? What about the dorm he killed them in, any relation to Cho and that dorm? Maybe they were unintended victims?

The only connection I've heard of between Cho and Emily is that Cho and Emily's boyfriend frequented the same shooting range.

Hard to believe that it's been one month since this tragedy. I haven't heard it mentioned on the news......you'd think the press would be all over the anniversary today.

Poor taste, sad, and beyond words but I don't think these 2 students are what Penn State is about. In fact I think they are the opposite!

It started with a picture on Facebook and has now created a firestorm of outrage.

Two Penn State students, dressed as Virginia Tech shooting victims, at a Halloween party have enraged people from the Virginia Tech community, as well as the entire country.

http://wsls.com/servlet/Satellite?p...LS_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173353763706

That's sick. It reminds me of when Elliott in the Morning (DC101 radio) dressed up as Jon Benet Ramsey for Halloween and had a pair of "bloody" undies around his neck. The backlash was quite formiidable, as it should be.

My niece is a Senior at Penn State.... will have to ask her if she has heard anything about this. Very, NOT FUNNY!

i saw the pics on drudge and this is shameful! those students should be disciplined in some way. this crosses every boundary that people privileged enough to attend college should abide by starting with basic human respect and dignity toward the dead. i know they won't be but i think they should be expelled.

This happens every year at Halloween. 9-11 victims, Steve Irwin, Anna Nichole, etc.... Sometimes humans deal with horror in this manner. It is as predictable as death and taxes.

It doesn't bother me, but I respect that it horrifies others - which is, of course, exactly the point of dressing up at Halloween.

This happens every year at Halloween. 9-11 victims, Steve Irwin, Anna Nichole, etc.... Sometimes humans deal with horror in this manner. It is as predictable as death and taxes.

It doesn't bother me, but I respect that it horrifies others - which is, of course, exactly the point of dressing up at Halloween.

It's a tad bit tasteless if you ask me, especially coming from COLLEGE students who go to a fairly renowned college - I think that is what all the uproar is about - not to mention the fact that the incident involved OTHER COLLEGE STUDENTS!!! Gives Penn State a bad name no matter how you look at it.

i saw the pics on drudge and this is shameful! those students should be disciplined in some way. this crosses every boundary that people privileged enough to attend college should abide by starting with basic human respect and dignity toward the dead. i know they won't be but i think they should be expelled.

Why would the school get involved? It was a private party.

These two are certainly not the Lions' pride. :loser: I think their actions were irresponsible and they didn't think this would end up being discussed nationally.

Future leaders? Ha - another reason to reconsider actions and pictures being posted on the internet. Future employers do use the internet in decision making for employment.

IMO these two are not representative of the majority of Penn State students.

It's a tad bit tasteless if you ask me, especially coming from COLLEGE students who go to a fairly renowned college - I think that is what all the uproar is about - not to mention the fact that the incident involved OTHER COLLEGE STUDENTS!!! Gives Penn State a bad name no matter how you look at it.

I agree that it's tastless, poco - and it's not something I would ever do. I was just pointing out that I expect it and so I am never shocked by it, if that makes sense. People often want to be horrifying and repugnant when they dress up on Halloween - these Penn State students surely succeeded at that.

As for me, this doesn't give Penn State a bad name in my opinion - I assume (correctly, I believe) that there are insensitive cads at every single university in our country. At least we know who some of them are at Penn State - I still think it's an awesome school - I have a few friends who attended!

These two are certainly not the Lions' pride. :loser: I think their actions were irresponsible and they didn't think this would end up being discussed nationally.

Future leaders? Ha - another reason to reconsider actions and pictures being posted on the internet. Future employers do use the internet in decision making for employment.

IMO these two are not representative of the majority of Penn State students.

Of course it's not!

Tasteless or not, there are a lot of costumes out there that i'm sure were considered tasteless at one point, such as pregnant nuns, pimps & hookers, etc. This two said they were attending a small party. It sounds like this is getting blown out of proportion by drama loving college students. The best thing would be for them all to be quiet about it as they've already expressed their outrage. Otherwise the arguments will just go back and forth, and more so for the drama aspect of it. If these two students wanted attention by dressing up, they are getting it. The best thing would be to ignore it altogether.

I think South has made some valid points. College students are not the most mature or responsible thinkers. They did it for the shock value to their friends and they got it. If it were done for any other type of party besides Halloween...it would be much more than bad taste and certainly horrific judgement on their parts.

I don't think expulsion is in order, but they should be forced to make a formal apology to the victims' families, friends, and VT students/faculty. It wouldn't hurt for them to be required to speak with some of the victims who survived, but witnessed the carnage. This should be a lesson in compassion and judgement for them. If one of them were MY child...this would be what I would require along with other punishments.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back