GUILTY VA - Yeardley Love, 22, UVA student, beaten to death, Charlottesville, May 2010 *civil trial 2022*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
sorry for all the questions. Is it left up to the judge to decide how many years he must serve?

I'd like to thank the jury for their consideration. They were diligent in their duties. I pray the court will sentence GH to the maximum allowed by law.
G-d bless you, Yeardley.

I only wish FCA's jury were as diligent as these jurors :(

sorry for all the questions. Is it left up to the judge to decide how many years he must serve?

I think the jury now has to recommend a sentence. THey are saying the jury's work is not over.

Anyone know what the difference is between Grand Larceny and burglary?

Anyone know what the difference is between Grand Larceny and burglary?

Grand larceny is typically defined as larceny of a more significant amount of property. In the US, it is often defined as an amount valued at $400 or more. In New York, grand larceny refers to amounts of $1,000 or more. Grand larceny is often classified as a felony with the concomitant possibility of a harsher sentence. In Virginia the threshold is only $5 if taken from a person, or $200 if not taken from the person.[32] The same penalty applies for stealing cheques as for cash or other valuables.[33]

Burglary (also called breaking and entering[1] and sometimes housebreaking)[2] is a crime, the essence of which is illicit entry into a building for the purposes of committing an offense. Usually that offense will be theft, but most jurisdictions specify others which fall within the ambit of burglary. To engage in the act of burglary is to burgle (in British English) or to burglarize (in American English).[3]

all wiki definitions...

Grand larceny is typically defined as larceny of a more significant amount of property. In the US, it is often defined as an amount valued at $400 or more. In New York, grand larceny refers to amounts of $1,000 or more. Grand larceny is often classified as a felony with the concomitant possibility of a harsher sentence. In Virginia the threshold is only $5 if taken from a person, or $200 if not taken from the person.[32] The same penalty applies for stealing cheques as for cash or other valuables.[33]

Burglary (also called breaking and entering[1] and sometimes housebreaking)[2] is a crime, the essence of which is illicit entry into a building for the purposes of committing an offense. Usually that offense will be theft, but most jurisdictions specify others which fall within the ambit of burglary. To engage in the act of burglary is to burgle (in British English) or to burglarize (in American English).[3]

all wiki definitions...
Don't know why then the talking heads on CNN are surprised that he "only" got grand larceny.

I suppose even just breaking into a house, and stealing nothing is burglary, where grand larceny has a price attached, and can be in a house in which you were invited?

hope I made sense there..lol

NBC29 Huguely Trial @NBC29Huguely

#Huguely jury is brought back into courtroom. June Hogshire says they are "ready to proceed into the sentencing phase."

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Sharon Love is the first to testify as a sentencing witness. She is now on the stand in #Huguely trial.

victim impacts from Yeardleys family will be a part of the sentencing hearing, so sad, sad for both families,

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Sharon Love says that when the police came to her house in MD at 6am on May 3 she thought "they were going to tell me my dog was barking"

https://twitter.com/#!/NBC29Huguely

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
username_not_found