GUILTY VA - Yeardley Love, 22, UVA student, beaten to death, Charlottesville, May 2010 *civil trial 2022*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's it for the day. Trial will resume tomorrow. What a bunch of nothing the defense is coming up with. I'd call in sick too.

trial is back on today, defence made a huge error in sending emails to the defence witness about things that had been said by prosecution witness, they did not do it on purpose the judge accepted, but the judge has said that the defence witness cannot testify about the subjects that were mentioned in the emails, so defence case has gone a tad awry with that ruling,

defence witness has testifed that he does not think injuries or COD can be attributed to blunt force trauma

trial is back on today, defence made a huge error in sending emails to the defence witness about things that had been said by prosecution witness, they did not do it on purpose the judge accepted, but the judge has said that the defence witness cannot testify about the subjects that were mentioned in the emails, so defence case has gone a tad awry with that ruling,

defence witness has testifed that he does not think injuries or COD can be attributed to blunt force trauma

Where are you following the case? I've beentrying to find somewhere to get updates, but of course TruTv shows their towing shows and such on the weekends, and HLN is televising Whitney Houston's memorial service, so I can't find anywhere with information about today's proceedings. Thanks!

I just can't figure out where these defense teams find experts that will say anything the defense wants them to. In blunt head trauma many times you will see gross blood at the post. And, certainly you will see it on the frozen sections of the brain. Its really hard to miss. Also, Yeardley's brain had herniated thru the foreamen magnum-----which is indicative of marked cerebral edema due to the brain trauma---ie increased intracranial pressure. That can't be missed---its obvious at the time of the post!!!!! Did these guys fail anatomy and physiology their first year of med school....or are they just trying to make the truth seem foggy??????:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Where are you following the case? I've beentrying to find somewhere to get updates, but of course TruTv shows their towing shows and such on the weekends, and HLN is televising Whitney Houston's memorial service, so I can't find anywhere with information about today's proceedings. Thanks!

quite a few are tweeting the trial live, just #huguely and they should come up, but trial is now over - I don't know if jury will deliberate to a verdict today, if not then they will have to come back to deliberate further,

I think pros presented enough evidence to get a guilty verdict, I hope the jury saw enough to convict,

even so two lives have been ruined, one permanently and the other will spend his life in prison if convicted of murder, even if convicted of manslaughter he will spend a long time in prison, for both families it has been devastating,

I just can't figure out where these defense teams find experts that will say anything the defense wants them to. In blunt head trauma many times you will see gross blood at the post. And, certainly you will see it on the frozen sections of the brain. Its really hard to miss. Also, Yeardley's brain had herniated thru the foreamen magnum-----which is indicative of marked cerebral edema due to the brain trauma---ie increased intracranial pressure. That can't be missed---its obvious at the time of the post!!!!! Did these guys fail anatomy and physiology their first year of med school....or are they just trying to make the truth seem foggy??????:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
I think these "experts" are found at the intersection of large paychecks and questionable ethics.

I hope all the jurors keep away from media and internet between now and Wednesday, wonder if having a break between now and deliberations will give them some thinking time so they all rock up having decided on there verdicts,

Defense closing arguments being tweeted here. Go to bottom of article.

Some of these statements being attributed to the defense are almost unbelievable and quite insulting, IMO.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...weets/2012/02/14/gIQAlUAfHR_blog.html?hpid=z3

I don't think they are, if you see if from the defence point of view he did leave her alive, he has said he did not kill her and never intended to kill her, I think from what I have read it was a pretty good defence closing as the intent the jury have to find to convict him of murder may be a sticking point

I don;t think he intended to kill her, I think he was drunk, had argued with his father, there relationship was never healthy, they fought and argued all the time, he was angry with his father and angry with her, he went there and after kicking door down they argued and it got physical and he severely beat her, he beat her so badly that I think nothing could have been done to save her, but I don't think he intended to leave her for dead, he was probably too impaired to know exactly what he did

but his actions killed her therefore I think he is guilty of murder, but I also don't think he should get LWOP,

it was as defence says a tragedy all round, and take the booze out of the equation and there may never have been a murder

a salutary lesson to people that drinking to excess can have huge consequences

IMHP once he kicked in her door intent was present...he beat the hell out of her. She was defenseless. Minimum I could give is 2nd degree murder but when one reviews the law and the intent carried out in breaking thru the LOCKED DOOR---I really think 1st degree applies----intent can be formed in an instant....and banging a girl's head against a wall and beating her with fists ( swollen black eye) is the use of deadly intentional force.

jury have begun to deliberate, from tweets and other media I get the impression that they do not expect a really long deliberation and we may get a verdict today,

I also get the impression that a first degree conviction is not expected, maybe 2nd degree or one or other of the manslaughter charges, in my opinion the impression I have formed whilst following the trial is that there is some sympathy towards Huguely from the jury, one of the jurors wept during the more emotional parts of his interview with LE, she was one of the jurors who did not get to deliberate though she was probably one of the alternates not selected,

then again all of my opinions may be off and the jury may quite easily convict on 1st degree, we shall see soon

I'm very anxious about this verdict. After the Casey Anthony debacle, I just don't trust people to have the sense to sit on a jury. If GH5 walks, I'll be beside myself.

I'm very anxious about this verdict. After the Casey Anthony debacle, I just don't trust people to have the sense to sit on a jury. If GH5 walks, I'll be beside myself.

I can't see an outright acquittal considering his defense was he did it but it was not intentional murder. I think the fact this jury has a few different options they will wind up with a compromise somehow. I would be surprised if it comes back murder in the first. I'm betting second degree.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpond1972
Back