Repeatedly crossing their legs and uncrossing them
Stuffing their hands in their pants pockets and fidgeting
Unable to look directly in your eyes
Fixated staring directly at you
Eyes darting around the room
Licking their lips repeatedly
Blinking rapidly or not blinking at all

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At1sAG66-j4&feature=related[/ame]

He probably thinks that it looks sexy...

People can learn to lie very smoothly but IMO it's more difficult to manipulate your body language (not saying it can't be done)

VB

I agree. Humans "learn" to lie as very young children. It's actually a very NORMAL part of the human growth process. 6-9 years of age I think? Children begin to grasp the concept that they are separate, unique individuals. They have begun to recognize right from wrong. They recognize what pleases and displeases. They figure out that they can use their words to change the truth, if needed, to please their parents. Children of this age are exploring their own powers and begin to grasp the concept of manupulation. It's all quite normal, and a neccessary step in human maturation.

Body Language is organic. Recognizing body language is a tool the listener can apply to what they know about their fellow human's psyche, and their own gut instints.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
I voted for body language. When my husband lies to me, he always...ALWAYS...rubs his right leg, with the palm of his right hand, AND averts his eyes. His mom said that when he was little, thats how she knew that he was lying, even way back then.

I hope, for your sake, that your husband doesn't play poker! :crazy:

I voted body language but verbal response can give you lots of clues too.

from acandyrose

Reflecting now on his interviews with the Ramseys, Kane said, "I never felt like I was getting a spontaneous response."

"John Ramsey always left me with the impression that he was a very smart man, and he is very careful at answering questions," Kane said. "Whereas, Patsy struck me as somebody that just had an answer in advance of the question, and just kind of resorted to an 'I don't know' if she didn't have an answer in advance."

pretty telling too...

If I had to choose, I would go with verbal.

Trying to gauge truth by only body language is tricky. Often the nervous movements of a person are a reflection of events in their past, and have nothing to do with being truthful.

I mean, if person crosses their arms and looks down a lot, this doesn't mean in any way they are lying. A person who has been sexually abused as a child can make these same movements. A mentally ill person can, too.

But words . . . lying is hard to do. Even for a nutcase, narcissist like Patsy, lying is very hard. I think it's very easy to hear the lies in her words. Her evasions, her verbal tics . . . the woman is a liar.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13
Back