Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was asking your opinion, I know what MS testified. Simply question.
IMO you can see through broken glass and since DM went to the Yukon and said he was taking the truck, MS testified he got out of the Yukon and walked to the passenger side. At that point TB, even if he opened the door at the same time MS approached, likely couldn't see into the Yukon in the dark from that distance with the lights off. However you can see IN somewhere when you go right up to it.

I think its pretty evident that there was a lot more blood than they expected. Perhaps WM and LB left very little mess. The plan was to shoot TB and incinerate him at the farm, but obviously the mess would need to be cleaned up before SS could start working on it. So the plan changed to doing it at the hangar. The approximately four hours it would take to incinerate would be time well spent mopping up blood. The fact that they texted all MA employees and told them to take the day off only enforces the idea that things didn't go exactly as planned.

...yup, (with full respect to the Bosma army enduring graphic evidence testimony) wasn't there a reference somewhere along the trial of a shot to the neck vs a shot to the head? ....please correct me if I'm wrong, but this rings a bell somewhere within the last 5mth testimony... I'm local to this crime, and I hate this crime, rip Mr Bosma

It's glass. Shattered or not I assume you can see through it.

As for the other part I think rereading MS testimony might be helpful.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...k-smich-dellen-millard-murder-trial-1.3576641

I survived a very bad car accident several years ago. When I regained consciousness, I saw that all the windows had shattered, and stayed in place. I am very thankful for that, the seat belts, and the air bags, which saved our lives. I could not see out any of the windows. Once the safety glass shatters it takes on an opaque quality, something like the privacy glass that is installed in bathroom windows. I could open my door from inside. The Firemen used the jaws of life on the drivers' side door to extract my relative, who also survived. The Firemen were able to remove the shattered glass on the drivers' side, but I do not remember just how they did it. Neither of us were cut in any way, and I think this kind of safety glass was a wonderful invention.

I think MS would have gone to the passenger side, seen the shattered glass, and the bullet hole, then stepped to the front and looked in the windsheild at the front of the car, to see TB's head laying on the top of the dashboard, if his story is true at all. This part does seem to have a ring of truth to it. If TB were restrained with duct tape, he might have managed to get some lose and was trying to escape, when DM shot him in the truck, near the Bobcat lot, or somewhere else. This could also explain MS's statement to MM that he F'd up. It could be why the shooting happened inside the truck, because DM was in a panic when TB either lunged at him, or tried to get the passenger side door open. It makes me so sad to think of Tim knowing that he would probably never get back alive unless he took desperate actions against DM who was likely already holding a gun on him and driving. It does seem there is a good chance that Tim died suddenly, and I hope that is true, only because it means he did not physically suffer at the moment of his death. Like others here, I suspect those monsters, DM, and MS, may have had a much worse death planned for him. Thank God they are both locked away where they hopefully cannot murder anyone else. One thing about capital punishment -- it could save the life of a prison guard, or another inmate. These guys have nothing to lose now. IMO

I survived a very bad car accident several years ago. When I regained consciousness, I saw that all the windows had shattered, and stayed in place. I am very thankful for that, the seat belts, and the air bags, which saved our lives. I could not see out any of the windows. Once the safety glass shatters it takes on an opaque quality, something like the privacy glass that is installed in bathroom windows. I could open my door from inside. The Firemen used the jaws of life on the drivers' side door to extract my relative, who also survived. The Firemen were able to remove the shattered glass on the drivers' side, but I do not remember just how they did it. Neither of us were cut in any way, and I think this kind of safety glass was a wonderful invention.

I think MS would have gone to the passenger side, seen the shattered glass, and the bullet hole, then stepped to the front and looked in the windsheild at the front of the car, to see TB's head laying on the top of the dashboard, if his story is true at all. This part does seem to have a ring of truth to it. If TB were restrained with duct tape, he might have managed to get some lose and was trying to escape, when DM shot him in the truck, near the Bobcat lot, or somewhere else. This could also explain MS's statement to MM that he F'd up. It could be why the shooting happened inside the truck, because DM was in a panic when TB either lunged at him, or tried to get the passenger side door open. It makes me so sad to think of Tim knowing that he would probably never get back alive unless he took desperate actions against DM who was likely already holding a gun on him and driving. It does seem there is a good chance that Tim died suddenly, and I hope that is true, only because it means he did not physically suffer at the moment of his death. Like others here, I suspect those monsters, DM, and MS, may have had a much worse death planned for him. Thank God they are both locked away where they hopefully cannot murder anyone else. One thing about capital punishment -- it could save the life of a prison guard, or another inmate. These guys have nothing to lose now. IMO
Thank you for sharing Sphinx, glad you and your family survived. The theory you put out, as always been my take how things went down as well. Guess we will never know the truth. But I have comfort in the thought TB fought for survival. Jmo

IMO you can see through broken glass and since DM went to the Yukon and said he was taking the truck, MS testified he got out of the Yukon and walked to the passenger side. At that point TB, even if he opened the door at the same time MS approached, likely couldn't see into the Yukon in the dark from that distance with the lights off. However you can see IN somewhere when you go right up to it.

So you are saying MS probably could have viewed inside of TB's truck, through shattered glass in the dark?
And yet it would have been highly unlikely to see into the Yukon (from a distance).
Since we know that MS had no idea whyDM stopped at Brantford Bobcat almost 30 minutes from Super Sucker(if they took the back roads), and park within inches of TB's truck.
How could MS be so sure that TB could have exited his truck right away and walk back to the Yukon and see that there was no THIRD friend?
I can only conclude that MS already knew TB's fate and that was part of the plan.

So you are saying MS probably could have viewed inside of TB's truck, through shattered glass in the dark?
And yet it would have been highly unlikely to see into the Yukon (from a distance).
Since we know that MS had no idea whyDM stopped at Brantford Bobcat almost 30 minutes from Super Sucker(if they took the back roads), and park within inches of TB's truck.
How could MS be so sure that TB could have exited his truck right away and walk back to the Yukon and see that there was no THIRD friend?
I can only conclude that MS already knew TB's fate and that was part of the plan.

MS testified he saw DM put a gun in his satchel and DM said he was taking the truck. Last thing I'm sure he was thinking was about TB finding out he was lied to about a friend. And even if that was the case. At that point he knew DM had a gun. I guess we'll never know. Lots of lies were told. I assume some truths. Pick the one you feel fits.

One text on April 27, 2013 still confuses me and I was surprised it didn't get more attention during the trial. DM texted SS: "check that ether in front end loader is in good supply." This was during the volley of texts where DM was looking for the generator for the BBQ. I believe this came up briefly on day 28 during SS testimony. A front end loader would sure be useful for lifting body into the Eliminator, especially considering MS has history of shoulder dislocations. I'm just not sure what role ether is needed for front end loader. Any thoughts?
Diesel engines ignite the fuel by compressing it. No spark plug. Requires high compression. "Tired" diesel engines have reduced compression, making them hard to start. Ether is extremely volatile, and spraying ether into the intake prior to starting, can assist in starting a Diesel engine with low compression.

One of the Bobcat's that DM stole earlier was at the farm. SB testified that TB truck was a lemon. DM seemed to have a habit of stealing vehicles with problems. I suppose you get what you pay for...

I have also wondered about MS following so closely, even only a few seconds behind when they were on Trinity (if TB was even alive then) I would be nervous that the person ahead of me would look in rear view and see there is only one person if there was supposed to be 2.
(Mostly a factor with any outside daylight or interior lights on in Yukon, when it is dark it would be pretty hard to see for TB to see behind in side mirror behind IMO.) Unless they had some kind of dummy (sounds absurd, I know, just thinking out loud) From the side though, the Yukon is pretty tinted if I understand correctly.

Also, definitely Yukon was extremely close following TB truck by Bobcat. I agree it could be because MS knew that TB was incapacitated or hurt. However, I also thought that it could be under the scenario of DM supposedly pulling to the side so abruptly, coupled with MS being a relatively inexperienced driver. IMO only

MS testified he saw DM put a gun in his satchel and DM said he was taking the truck. Last thing I'm sure he was thinking was about TB finding out he was lied to about a friend. And even if that was the case. At that point he knew DM had a gun. I guess we'll never know. Lots of lies were told. I assume some truths. Pick the one you feel fits.

Regardless of who testified what, video trumps lies. MS could have reversed and given some space till he knew what the reason DM pulled over. Unless MS already knew.
At the very least, I am educated now that can see into a shattered side window yet not thru a windshield in the dark. What ever fits.

I have also wondered about MS following so closely, even only a few seconds behind when they were on Trinity (if TB was even alive then) I would be nervous that the person ahead of me would look in rear view and see there is only one person if there was supposed to be 2.
(Mostly a factor with any outside daylight or interior lights on in Yukon, when it is dark it would be pretty hard to see for TB to see behind in side mirror behind IMO.) Unless they had some kind of dummy (sounds absurd, I know, just thinking out loud) From the side though, the Yukon is pretty tinted if I understand correctly.

Also, definitely Yukon was extremely close following TB truck by Bobcat. I agree it could be because MS knew that TB was incapacitated or hurt. However, I also thought that it could be under the scenario of DM supposedly pulling to the side so abruptly, coupled with MS being a relatively inexperienced driver. IMO only

you had it... annnd then you just let it slip away... why? there are no tints on front windows, also so you believe also its caused by driver inexperience? he rolled up with like military precision, nooo problems, without hesitations... do you know why? cuz he 100% knows the plan. His bobcat testimony was a down right lie. jmo

Could somebody remind me if DM had already called TB when he made a comment about stealing from a nice guy or *****?

It has never been brought into evidence that MS was a crack dealer in any shape or form, nor that he was a crack addict. That notion was introduced solely by DM's defence during a voir dire when AM was being questioned regarding his knowledge of other 'thievery'. It was brought up out of the blue and was denied.

I assume that since MSM has now released that tidbit, that this is no longer under a publication ban. This happened after AM was cross examined by TD during AM's testimony. DM's defence had an issue with TD's line of questioning (asking about other thefts that AM was aware of), and the jury was excused for legal arguments. RP expressed his concerns, the jury was called back and was told by the judge to disregard TD's last question of whether AM knew of any other thievery; then the jury was excused for the day and AM was immediately sworn in (again, as he had already been sworn in as a witness) on a voir dire. TD questioned AM on his knowledge of 'other' thievery. AM wasn't forthcoming by any means, and TD had to remind him of several things that he did in fact know about, as seen from various texts, at which time AM would finally admit that yes, he did know about other thefts (such as the $3 DVD).

Then NS started questioning AM. Keep in mind that this was a voir dire to determine (under oath) what AM's knowledge of other thievery was. NS said he wasn't interested in the bobcat theft, but immediately took the opportunity to start in on a completely different subject, saying to AM:
NS: You knew that DM did drugs, and that MS did drugs. AM: yes.
NS: MS sold drugs. AM: yes.
NS: MS sold crack. AM: NO.

Judge admonished NS, saying they're not talking about drugs, this voir dire is about thievery.

Imo, it was just something that NS tried to slip in out of nowhere without any evidence whatsoever, it was denied, NS got admonished for doing so, and now, after the verdicts, this comes out in the press and people are left with the impression that it was a dark secret that everyone knows about but which was held back from the jury. No, it wasn't. It was merely a question asked (or a statement made) by NS, to which his reply was a vehement NO. These comments are from my own notes, having been present and taking notes that day.

The antics would almost be humorous if it weren't for how they end up getting reported in the press and the impressions it obviously leaves with readers, as seen here (example above, portion bolded by me) where we now have people stating that MS was addicted to crack and that he was a crack dealer as if it is fact. An entire story is concocted just because of a 'question' that a defence lawyer 'asked'.

It is scary, imo to think that even though told to disregard whatever a lawyer says as not being evidence, it can potentially be concocted into meaningful evidence in the ears of whoever hears it, and then repeated and embellished until it becomes a truth amongst many. moo

So then, the same situation as with the Scotty texts. A whole lot of chatter about nothing. Maybe it's safe to guess that if something never gets brought up again, it's either been disallowed or it's nothing. Kind of reminds me of those sausage pictures that were never mentioned throughout the trial other than showing the text.

you had it... annnd then you just let it slip away... why? there are no tints on front windows, also so you believe also its caused by driver inexperience? he rolled up with like military precision, nooo problems, without hesitations... do you know why? cuz he 100% knows the plan. His bobcat testimony was a down right lie. jmo

Haha, I had it and then I blew it in your opinion? :)

Come on, give me at least a bit of credit, I wasn't referring to the windshield being tinted. I was commenting on the tinted sides for those of us also picturing dropping off MS at the field to go to the Yukon, etc, maybe some other angles during the drive etc and I wrote from the sides though the Yukon is pretty tinted.

MS described himself to be a pretty nervous driver, in that he had to focus a lot while he was driving, and little things took a lot of concentration, and was self-described 'not a good driver' (summarizing) I don't know if this is the truth, but I do know when I was an inexperienced driver, this is how I felt, and to me the pull over is consistent with this. Consistent with DM saying follow me, etc. Consistent with, but of course not the only possibility. IMO

Haha, I had it and then I blew it in your opinion? :)

Come on, give me at least a bit of credit, I wasn't referring to the windshield being tinted. I was commenting on the tinted sides for those of us also picturing dropping off MS at the field to go to the Yukon, etc, maybe some other angles during the drive etc and I wrote from the sides though the Yukon is pretty tinted.

MS described himself to be a pretty nervous driver, in that he had to focus a lot while he was driving, and little things took a lot of concentration, and was self-described 'not a good driver' (summarizing) I don't know if this is the truth, but I do know when I was an inexperienced driver, this is how I felt, and to me the pull over is consistent with this. Consistent with DM saying follow me, etc. Consistent with, but of course not the only possibility. IMO

He was absolutely confident rolling up that close, without hesitating, a maneuver a good thief would do to quickly cover TB's plate numbers. The Yukons headlights would then reflect off of TB's tailgate and chrome bumper causing the windshield to be all lit up, clear view of inside the Yukon. But MS has no worries, he knows the state of TB.

edit: yes credit accredited :)

Feb 29th, text MS to DM- "We need a proper plan though, so lets work on that. We can't make any mistakes."

March 11th- MS takes a pic of him and his (?) Gun

March 14th texts
DM to MS- "I love u my kneegrow."
MS to DM- "I love you a whole lot like large. Big huge monstrously massive ... You're really the brother I never had."

Last time I went through these texts on billandrews timeline, I was in the boat of MS not having his own guns. After reading these just now as I'm looking for the Woodbridge texts, I'm seeing what I hadn't before.

Sounds like DM bought MS a gun and that's what all the "I love you" are all about.

I see it that way too. If you follow the texts through:

Feb 10 - DM buys the gun. MWJ says he can give him some grains. They arrange to meet the next day for "lessons".

Feb 11 - The meet to get the grains.

Feb 13 - They meet again. There seems to be some confusion over whether it was a .380 or a 9 because someone told MWJ it was a 9. (Maybe supplied the wrong grains earlier?)

Feb 14 - They confirm it is a .380 and MWJ tells him to come the next day and they would order the grains. (Again, they got the wrong ones before?)

March 11 - MS takes a picture of the gun.

March 14 - They profess their love for each other.

March 20 - DM tells him to get his licence so he can do more little jobs to make up for the cash, cigarettes and booze that DM has been providing him with, so that bigger jobs would give him a bigger payoff.

April 15 - DM tells him he five fingered MS some practice ammo.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Hb6kEtpLa8cHCVorBuy4yqfHymGvhfHeM6s8QMWGVW8/pubhtml#

Seems pretty clear who got that gun. JMO

Ya, because the plan was to kill at the farm (my opinion of course) and not in the truck on a side road or highway. Don't you find it odd that it appears they are headed for the highway in the bobcat video? You can see the highway in the background and im pretty sure there is a ramp near the bobcat dealer. Then after that stop, they pull a U turn probably changing from highway to back roads. TB is now dead. So IMO, this is where MS did tell the truth. But MS FORGOT to tell us HIS role in it all....Confinement!! JMO

MS also testified that the window only had a bullet hole in it. He didn't say it was shattered. That window could have been smashed out at the farm or hanger for all we know. I Don't imagine they'd leave a window intact with a bullet hole for everyone to see. After all, DM claimed he bought the truck off some person in Kitchener or was that a dealership lot?!! He couldn't even keep that lie right!

Regardless of who testified what, video trumps lies. MS could have reversed and given some space till he knew what the reason DM pulled over. Unless MS already knew.
At the very least, I am educated now that can see into a shattered side window yet not thru a windshield in the dark. What ever fits.

FWIW, this is a pic of the shattered window in Tim's truck:

bosma-truck-window.png

IMO, pretty easy to see into.

There is a mysterious hole in the text messages between DM and MS from June 9 to August 20, 2012. I suspect that many messages in this time frame relate to LB and were therefore inadmissible in the Bosma trial and are subject to publication ban. I also suspect that police were able to recover these messages and that's how they were able to charge DM and MS with first degree murder in LB's death.

As the evidence comes out in the upcoming trials, my plan is to add it all to the Bosma timeline to create a single chronology of all three murders.

Also interesting that, only two days before the additional charges were announced for LB and WM's deaths, MWJ was charged with selling the gun to DM.

The three were charged in Toronto court two days before the new charges against Mr. Millard and Mr. Smich were announced. They have pleaded not guilty.

http://news.nationalpost.com/toronto/dellen-millard-case-takes-a-strange-turn-aspiring-gangsta-rapper-accused-of-selling-him-alleged-murder-weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper