Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Saw this link on the Bizarre news thread and noticed between 6 min 25 sec and 7 min of the video posted at the bottom of the article that the camera pans in on Tim Bosma's missing person poster. It DM and MS hadn't been arrested and found guilty (with so much video and other technological evidence present), I'd be wondering what the heck is going on in the woods in New York State.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/10/06/man-finds-eerie-missing-person-shrine-new-york-woods/91655142/

That's pretty strange. And very jarring to see Tim's poster that's basically burned into my brain after following this case for 3.5 years. Maybe it's not creepy, maybe it's a tribute by a person like some of us who follows cases. But strange regardless, imo.

Disturbing viral video has ties to murdered Hamilton man Tim Bosma:

The footage was shot by a visibly upset man wandering in the woods in Long Island after he found 25 missing persons posters taped onto the trees in the park ... One of the photos is of Tim Bosma, the Hamilton man whose remains were found burned in 2013.

Apparently there has been an investigation and the posters are Halloween decorations:

The Suffolk County Police Department confirms to CityNews that an investigation was launched soon after. Officers spoke to neighbours and later learned the posters were part of the property owner’s Halloween decorations.

“Someone had decorated their yard for a Halloween party and it’s not a crime,” a spokesperson told CityNews.

http://www.citynews.ca/2016/10/07/disturbing-viral-video-ties-murdered-hamilton-man-tim-bosma/

Happy (Canadian) Thanksgiving to you all!

It was nice popping into WS tonight to catch up on everyones posts. Just saw that DM gets a ride into Toronto today to appear at 361 University at 9:30 am. It's the same case number as his April 1/16 appearance.
CR-16-50000176-0000
MS is at 2201 Finch at 10 am on Case # 4815998155500412000 I'm thinking that since they both have Court tomorrow it's probably something to do with LB- but any idea why they wouldn't be at the same location??

Hope DM and MS, and CN, are having sleepless nights about the impending CN trial....

2-1/2 weeks 'till Halloween
3-1/2 weeks until the US election
5-1/2 weeks until CN's trial begins...

...it's all coming up rapidly!

Second murder trial of Bosma killers Millard and Smich pushed back
Dellen Millard was accused of trying to play the courts Friday, after his second first-degree murder trial was delayed yet again.
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6...-bosma-killers-millard-and-smich-pushed-back/

I noticed that on SC's Twitter today "Trial for #Millard and #Smich for Laura Babcock murder delayed." and was looking for a Laura Babcock forum but they all seemed to be closed. Is there one for her still open?

I don't think any of us are really surprised by this turn of events. I know it's extremely hard on the families but neither one of those two are going anywhere anytime soon. :)

Does any one know if there is truth to the fact that "DM had asked to be put in general population and apparently was beaten up quite badly!" I can't find it in any media papers. Any comments? Thank you!

Good. I hope he was. He was found guilty. If he gets into trouble while in jail, too bad. JMO

Good. I hope he was. He was found guilty. If he gets into trouble while in jail, too bad. JMO
Good for the Crown and TD for exposing DM's tactics. The guy's nuttier than an Oh Henry bar! (JMHO)

BBM Millard addressed the court to explain the delay in hiring lawyers.

"He said he has been denied legal aid, and that ongoing civil court matters have made it difficult to obtain funding. McMahon said the court would assist in expediting any civil court matters so that the criminal trials can proceed.
“I’ve gone through a process of selecting which counsel to represent me. These aren’t light charges,” he said. “This is pretty serious stuff.”

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/...-of-laura-babcock-postponed-to-sept-2017.html

OK- it's refreshing to see DM realize that "this is pretty serious stuff"- and I'm sure that having to spend time in the same room as TD bothered him to no end. So much love between the two. More interesting is that the Courts are going to expedite the Civil matters- he can't get at any moola- can't get legal aid- oh so sad. Wonder what his process was in selecting the lawyer that couldn't start until 2018. Perhaps Mama Rabbit is going to have to hop back into the Courts to get some more cash freed up? What an existence. MOO

They're not twins! They don't have to be together at the same location when these court appearances turn up.
I was of the belief that if it involved the same case, they were at the same location depending on the type of Court they were being tried in- Superior Court or Ontario Court. Then locations are in the jurisdiction where the crime occurred- LB/WM would be in Toronto, TB in Hamilton, gun charges- Toronto, breaches- jurisdiction it happened in. Is that not the case?

I was of the belief that if it involved the same case, they were at the same location depending on the type of Court they were being tried in- Superior Court or Ontario Court. Then locations are in the jurisdiction where the crime occurred- LB/WM would be in Toronto, TB in Hamilton, gun charges- Toronto, breaches- jurisdiction it happened in. Is that not the case?

I'm thinking MS may have had an appointment re his legal aid or something, while TD attended the appearance on MS's behalf which DM went to?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back