Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Assumptions made on innocent family members. Sad. Nice to know what society would think of me if one of my family members was convicted of a crime. Sickening actually.

Assumptions made on innocent family members. Sad. Nice to know what society would think of me if one of my family members was convicted of a crime. Sickening actually.
Yes it is sad all the way around...for all involved, especially Tim's family. His family knowing what he was involved in is not an assumption. I believe there is evidence supporting a sister telling him to get whatever it is the police wanted out of the house. As well the information where MS claims his mother's rights were violated indicates she was asked to comply with a request by police and appears to have somewhat refused...we can only go by the info available and it tells me that while they are innocent of any crime committed it appears they were somewhat in the know about his activities. Quite different than a family member who is not in the know who would be blindsided with the police showing up. But hey...we all have right to our opinions.

As far as I'm concerned, the police were aware that a man had been murdered and that guns were at play. They had every right to do what they needed to do not knowing who was involved in what inside that house. Sad for mom? Yes it is, But it is clear that the family was aware that MS was up to no good You want to blame someone for what happened in MS's house that day? Blame MS NOT LE. He brought it all down on his own family. MOO

Yes it is sad all the way around...for all involved, especially Tim's family. His family knowing what he was involved in is not an assumption. I believe there is evidence supporting a sister telling him to get whatever it is the police wanted out of the house. As well the information where MS claims his mother's rights were violated indicates she was asked to comply with a request by police and appears to have somewhat refused...we can only go by the info available and it tells me that while they are innocent of any crime committed it appears they were somewhat in the know about his activities. Quite different than a family member who is not in the know who would be blindsided with the police showing up. But hey...we all have right to our opinions.

Do you think they knew all along what he was involved in and supported him? Or was this dumped in their laps? I'd be telling my brother to get whatever it was out of the mother's home too. IMO I doubt the mom would be outback gardening if she was aware the police would be breaking down her door. Police knew where MS was the day her home was raided because he was arrested the same day. I'm quite sure he didn't come home and say... Hey Ma. Guess what I did.. Could be wrong though.

As far as I'm concerned, the police were aware that a man had been murdered and that guns were at play. They had every right to do what they needed to do not knowing who was involved in what inside that house. Sad for mom? Yes it is, But it is clear that the family was aware that MS was up to no good You want to blame someone for what happened in MS's house that day? Blame MS NOT LE. He brought it all down on his own family. MOO

I absolutely agree. 100% on MS. My point is innocent people are hurt as a result. That does include the family members of the convicted as well. Which people seem to forget.

Do you think they knew all along what he was involved in and supported him? Or was this dumped in their laps? I'd be telling my brother to get whatever it was out of the mother's home too. IMO I doubt the mom would be outback gardening if she was aware the police would be breaking down her door. Police knew where MS was the day her home was raided because he was arrested the same day. I'm quite sure he didn't come home and say... Hey Ma. Guess what I did.. Could be wrong though.
Do I think they knew about the murder and supported him? Is that that you are asking me? Hmmm...I would say they knew something was up because the police had bern to the house looking for him and DM had already been arrested if I am not mistaken, but I doubt they had confirmation of his actual involvement. Do I think they knew he dealt drugs, absolutely...take my word for it, if someone is dealing from your house, and you are observant especially if your child, you know. I am sure his mother was not aware they were going to raid the house, they generally don't call first in those instances. Whether dropped in her lap or in the know, the police were within their rights to do what they needed to do to execute the search warrant, not knowing who or what was in the house. As someone said as well MS was not under surveillance 24/7 or he wouldn't have been able to create his fable about riding into the dark to bury the gun...lol. I think that 'dirty girl' ended up back in the hands of MWJ or one of his buds, but that is an assumption on my part. Sadly sometimes good people get caught in ugly situations and sometimes good parents overlook signs their children are off course or know they are but feel powerless to put a stop to it. :( If anyone violated his mother's right to peace, happiness and no conflict with the law...it was MS, IMHO.

I absolutely agree. 100% on MS. My point is innocent people are hurt as a result. That does include the family members of the convicted as well. Which people seem to forget.
I feel empathetic to both family's...the victim and the convicted. Ok, probably way more sypathetic to the victim's side because of tge finality of their loss.

I do have issue with his appeal basis as fact is had he not been involved in drugs, with gun dealers, thefts and murder his mother's house wouldn't have been raided, etc, etc...so to me blame needs to be laid at MS's feet. However I still maintain the family was aware of his career. When drug dealers live in your home you would have to be oblivious to nwhat us going on around you to not figure it out.

Does anyone have a handy link to the Laura Babcock phone bills?

I know I've seen them posted here but not finding them at the moment.

TIA

TIA

b8d3a259babd1cc6aafac03ee2b2e763.jpg

70bf318423694fee0c54e3e29941709f.jpg

I was able to dig back in the LB discussions to find these 2 screenshots. They are from the LB thread #1 in September, 2013, posted by user skater girl. Hope these help!

TIA

I don't know how to copy/paste from my phone onto here...I will find your email address and send you the info

I don't know how to copy/paste from my phone onto here...I will find your email address and send you the info

redwing7225, do you have better versions than I was able to find? If so, I'd be curious to see them! <modsnip>

redwing7225, do you have better versions than I was able to find? If so, I'd be curious to see them! <modsnip>

I only found what you did. However, the link that I found on that site is no longer working (it shows an error). I will keep looking for information. :)

Spectator columnist Susan Clairmont is covering the (4th) Robert Badgerow trial in the murder of a young woman back in 1981. Today she posted these tweets. I hadn't known she had been subpoenaed to testify (for the defence?) at the DM/MS trial? Wonder why? Anyone know?

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 13h13 hours ago
This is a first. Got served with a subpoena by @Hamiltonpolice to testify at a murder trial while sitting in a different murder trial.
0 retweets 14 likes

Susan Clairmont added,
*advertiser censored* @xxxxxxxxxxxxx
@susanclairmont Didn't you get a subpoena during Bosma Trial for something?
0 retweets 2 likes

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 13h13 hours ago
Susan Clairmont Retweeted *advertiser censored*
I did. But at the last minute defence decided not to call me. This time I'm subpoenaed by the Crown.

Susan Clairmont added,
*advertiser censored* @xxxxxxxxx
@susanclairmont can you say which trial?
0 retweets 0 likes

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 12h12 hours ago
Susan Clairmont Retweeted *advertiser censored*
Probably best I don't at this point. Sorry.
https://twitter.com/susanclairmont

Spectator columnist Susan Clairmont is covering the (4th) Robert Badgerow trial in the murder of a young woman back in 1981. Today she posted these tweets. I hadn't known she had been subpoenaed to testify (for the defence?) at the DM/MS trial? Wonder why? Anyone know?

https://twitter.com/susanclairmont

She had been subpoenaed for the defense in a different trial, not the DM/MS trial. It was just that she was handed the subpoena during the DM/MS trial.

Thank you so much, Redwing and Velma.

Do either of you know if any of the copies in circulation show Laura's name?

I can only recall (although this was two years ago) seeing a video of the phone bill(s), never proper scans or clear photos. From what I found in previous threads, LB's ex SL had 'shown' the bill to news outlets.

MS is probably sitting in prison, laughing at all the attention he is getting, as well as compassion from certain bleeding hearts.....
Wonder how Tim's daughter is doing? She would have only photos of her dad.

MS is probably sitting in prison, laughing at all the attention he is getting

Serious question. I hear all the time that DM and MS crave the attention, but IMO it's way more complex.

Do you really believe they enjoy being seen as sociopathic killers? Or do you thing they crave attention as wrongfully convicted prisoners?

Serious question. I hear all the time that DM and MS crave the attention, but IMO it's way more complex.

Do you really believe they enjoy being seen as sociopathic killers? Or do you thing they crave attention as wrongfully convicted prisoners?

Interesting question ABro...
Found this to be an interesting read. IMO, seeking attention as wrongfully convicted.
http://bullyonline.org/old/workbully/munchaus.htm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RETI20
Back