Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Serious question. I hear all the time that DM and MS crave the attention, but IMO it's way more complex.

Do you really believe they enjoy being seen as sociopathic killers? Or do you thing they crave attention as wrongfully convicted prisoners?

In MS's raps and craving for rap artist fame, perhaps there is a bit of enjoyment in being seen as a sociopathic killer.

In DM's construction of a gang out of his friends, I see a desire to be seen as a criminal mastermind.

I think they both self-identified as "bad guys". This was only fun until the cops got involved, however.

After arrest, they each tried to sculpt a new image for themselves.

In MS's raps and craving for rap artist fame, perhaps there is a bit of enjoyment in being seen as a sociopathic killer.

In DM's construction of a gang out of his friends, I see a desire to be seen as a criminal mastermind.

I think they both self-identified as "bad guys". This was only fun until the cops got involved, however.

After arrest, they each tried to sculpt a new image for themselves.

I think they both enjoyed being criminals and saw themselves as masterminds but agree that being caught and exposed was never part of the plan.

It's one thing to be the Zodiac killer, quite another to receive a life sentence.

I think they both enjoyed being criminals and saw themselves as masterminds but agree that being caught and exposed was never part of the plan.

It's one thing to be the Zodiac killer, quite another to receive a life sentence.

I think DM was utterly shocked: he had dual images going, one of a fine young entrepreneur and scholar from TFS who was a great success, that he sold to family and business people.

Among his friends, he was a Teflon Don whose cover story and wealth would protect him from any legal repercussions.

I don't think AM, MS and others would have followed DM if they weren't satisfied that his angel persona was bulletproof. I think they really did believe that he was untouchable.

one of a fine young entrepreneur and scholar from TFS who was a great success, that he sold to family and business people

The only people who ever said that were his first lawyer and his first lawyer quoting DM's mother.

There were, however, a lot of people who saw Millard as someone who could help them fulfill their own dreams -- JV, SS, BH all come to mind.

One of my favourite tv true crime programs is "A Crime to Remember". The episode titled The Pied Piper is about a crime in 1964, where a likable, well-heeled boy in his early 20's drew a younger crowd of teenagers that admired and followed him. He was able to enlist the help of one of his girlfriends (he had many) and another friend to lure a 15 year old to her death. Knowledge of the murder became something of a group secret shared within the larger group that followed him. Charles Schmid (the pied piper) had become friends with someone that would have been considered something of a social misfit and Charles confided in and enlisted his help when he murdered the Fritz sisters.There were just so many parallels to DM and his entourage, that I had to do some further searching. If you're interested, here are a couple of links:

http://tucson.com/news/blogs/morgue...cle_0826e27c-e245-11df-b65f-001cc4c03286.html

http://murderpedia.org/male.S/images/schmid_charles/0908Murder.pdf

Interestingly, F. Lee Bailey who defended OJ Simpson, joined Schmid's defence team.

I don't think either DM or MS were seeking the kind of public notoriety and attention that they have received as a result of their actions.

I should also have added that Schmid's motive to kill his first victim was that he just wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone. The older of the Fritz sisters was a girlfriend who got into a heated argument with Schmid about his free bird lifestyle and threatened him with the knowledge of the murder he had committed. He became enraged and killed her and her little sister who had tagged along with her.

It does make me wonder whether there was wider knowledge of DM and MS's more sinister crimes that was being kept secret within the larger group and whether there might have been an earlier murder that LB may have known about and threatened DM with. Then again, I do have an active imagination and both of those ideas are quite a stretch.

It does make me wonder whether there was wider knowledge of DM and MS's more sinister crimes that was being kept secret within the larger group and whether there might have been an earlier murder that LB may have known about and threatened DM with. Then again, I do have an active imagination and both of those ideas are quite a stretch.

We both must have active imaginations as I have often thought this as well.

We both must have active imaginations as I have often thought this as well.

I agree - too many of their friends were willing to lie until they themselves were at risk of being arrested or charged.

CN's smug attitude and denial of any knowledge of TB murder or knowingly helping to get rid of evidence is unbelievable. Is she a 10 year old who is that gullible? Wiping prints off trailer, moving incinerator in the dark, using gloves - who does that? Not "normal" behavior for a young woman, dating a seemingly clean cut guy. Naïve about the security video / dvd player DM told her to hold for him. The whole story is just too ludicrous to believe. Cannot wait until CN's trial starts, to wipe that smug attitude away.

CN's smug attitude and denial of any knowledge of TB murder or knowingly helping to get rid of evidence is unbelievable. Is she a 10 year old who is that gullible? Wiping prints off trailer, moving incinerator in the dark, using gloves - who does that? Not "normal" behavior for a young woman, dating a seemingly clean cut guy. Naïve about the security video / dvd player DM told her to hold for him. The whole story is just too ludicrous to believe. Cannot wait until CN's trial starts, to wipe that smug attitude away.

I haven't followed the discussion at all since the verdicts came in - someone remind me when CN's trial begins?

She seemed not repelled to discover DM was a murderer and pitched in with alacrity. Was she already mentally ok with the fact that DM was a murderer because she knew about LB?

Your rival moves in with your BF then suddenly disappears. How could you not know or suspect what has gone on?

She seemed not repelled to discover DM was a murderer and pitched in with alacrity. Was she already mentally ok with the fact that DM was a murderer because she knew about LB?

Your rival moves in with your BF then suddenly disappears. How could you not know or suspect what has gone on?

Very suspicious behavior that CN showed during all of this...

I haven't followed the discussion at all since the verdicts came in - someone remind me when CN's trial begins?

11/22/2016
Sadly, I don't think we're going to get any sort of satisfaction or relief of her trial starting soon. It's been said (a radio interview with a lawyer comes to mind) that her obtaining the new lawyer is going to result in a postponement. I'll look for the link.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Sadly, I don't think we're going to get any sort of satisfaction or relief of her trial starting soon. It's been said (a radio interview with a lawyer comes to mind) that her obtaining the new lawyer is going to result in a postponement. I'll look for the link.

It's already been postponed once by about a week.

Alex Peirson? She tends not to be that accurate.
It was both AP and the guest lawyer that said they foresee a postponement but that their opinion. We can all hope otherwise. I've been thinking about the evidence LE may have against her. I imagine we've only seen a small fragment of text msgs and phone records.

It was both AP and the guest lawyer that said they foresee a postponement but that their opinion. We can all hope otherwise. I've been thinking about the evidence LE may have against her. I imagine we've only seen a small fragment of text msgs and phone records.

I think it came up before that they were talking about delays related to picking a jury and there is no jury for this one; it is judge alone.

Saw this link on the Bizarre news thread and noticed between 6 min 25 sec and 7 min of the video posted at the bottom of the article that the camera pans in on Tim Bosma's missing person poster. It DM and MS hadn't been arrested and found guilty (with so much video and other technological evidence present), I'd be wondering what the heck is going on in the woods in New York State.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/10/06/man-finds-eerie-missing-person-shrine-new-york-woods/91655142/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back