Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also important to remember that anything she said at the DM/MS trial cannot be used against her in her own trial. I think she was VERY cognizant of that and used it to shock us and amuse herself.

Christina Noudga is in talks to take a plea deal for her role in the Tim Bosma case.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6977139-bosma-killer-s-ex-girlfriend-in-plea-deal-talks/

Aha! I strongly suspected this would be the outcome as soon as I heard her family had retained Brian Greenspan.

The disappointing side of this is that we will probably never know the evidence the Crown had against her and she will never receive the punishment she deserves. Plea resolution agreements are quite common and while a trial would have put a lot of evidence on the public record, I always felt the weakest area would be conclusively proving what CN knew as opposed to what she did. There was always the possibility she would not be found guilty of AATF.

So we will see. I don't think we ever found out, did we, what was that other thing police found in her room that the Crown stopped a witness from mentioning? Not the letters or the DVR, obviously, but something else. Something that must be evidence either in this case, or in one of the other two coming up.

From the linked article:

The trial was scheduled to take three weeks. But sources close to the case have revealed that a resolution is in the works, and the former girlfriend of convicted killer Dellen Millard is expected to plead Tuesday to the lesser charge of obstructing justice and wilfully destroying evidence.

However, until the words are uttered in court, it is not official. If she does take the deal, one source says, it's unlikely she'll serve any more time behind bars.

To what benefit would it be for the Crown to entertain this plea at this point in time?

Secondly.. as I understand it, the Crown and the accused can agree on a plea deal, but it is ultimately in the judge's discretion as to whether it will be accepted. What are the chances that if a plea is agreed upon, the judge would oppose it?

From the linked article:

To what benefit would it be for the Crown to entertain this plea at this point in time?

Secondly.. as I understand it, the Crown and the accused can agree on a plea deal, but it is ultimately in the judge's discretion as to whether it will be accepted. What are the chances that if a plea is agreed upon, the judge would oppose it?
Curious about this as well, somewhat disheartening to know she could walk away from this unscathed.

I'm hoping on hope that we will get the chance to see the evidence against her, and that the judge will make the right decision.

My anxiety hasn't been this bad since Nov 8th..

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

From AC's tweets on the trial from April 23, 2016:

The next witness is Det. Const. Mark Wilson from Hamilton police.
3:33 PM
He assisted with a search in connection with the Bosma case.
3:34 PM
Crown Tony Leitch is asking about April 10, 2014, when a search warrant execution happened in Etobicoke.
3:35 PM
He was looking for a DVR recorder on Rufford Road.
3:37 PM
The officers got there not long after 12:30 p.m. They searched a detached garage and the basement, and then one of the upstairs bedrooms.
3:37 PM
That bedroom belonged to Christina Noudga -- Millard's girlfriend.
3:38 PM
He found the DVR in the closet, under a pile of clothes.
3:39 PM
Court now seeing photos of the DVR buried underneath clothes in a closet.
3:40 PM
For people who don't know, a DVR is a digital video recorder.
3:41 PM
Wilson says he seized the DVR and passed it over to a detective in the identification unit.
3:41 PM
One other item was also seized, Leitch asks Wilson to please not tell him what it was.
3:42 PM
No cross examination. Wilson is excused.
3:42 PM

I had read that to understand that the letters were being referred to, as one package/item, since it didn't state if the 'other item' was seized from the closet or elsewhere on the property, and the letters had not yet been introduced. jmo

To the Crown, the benefit is that it obviates a trial and the expenditure of time and resources that entails, especially as those are under severe constraint as it is. The Crown is also not certain of a conviction even at the best of times, and in a case such as this, where mens rea is at issue, the outcome is more in doubt than in other cases, such as the original Bosma trial. From the Crown's point of view, a guilty plea on lesser charges is definitely preferable to a possible acquittal, and when the accused is not a danger to the public it is a much more viable option.

The judge is charged with making a decision in the public interest. If Crown and defense both agree on a plea resolution, it is unlikely the judge will refuse it without compelling reasons.

Normally, plea deals serve the public interest, because they prevent further clogging of the courts, do result in the accused paying some penalty (incarceration or other), and uphold the administration of justice. When done badly, as in the KH case, they cause a public outcry. But most are reasonable solutions.

Greenspan must consider the case against his client fairly strong, or he would not be taking this course. If he thought she were "innocent" he would not be making a deal, but defending her stoutly as he did the accused in, for example, the Mistie Murry case and the Mohan case. When the accused is just guilty, he represents the client making a guilty plea, as he did in the Muzzo case, where he didn't get Muzzo "off" but by pleading guilty and showing remorse, Muzzo was set up for better parole prospects later on, though he still received one of the longest sentences ever handed down for his type of offense.

Curious about this as well, somewhat disheartening to know she could walk away from this unscathed.

I'm hoping on hope that we will get the chance to see the evidence against her, and that the judge will make the right decision.

My anxiety hasn't been this bad since Nov 8th..

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Having convictions on your record for destroying evidence and obstruction of justice is sure a far cry from accessory after the fact to murder. There were all kinds of voir dires and legal wranglings in the absence of the jury, but which the media was privy to. Perhaps they would know the evidence and at some point the publication ban will presumably be lifted, so they can tell us what we didn't hear about at the time. Here's hoping.

<modsnip>

Having convictions on your record for destroying evidence and obstruction of justice is sure a far cry from accessory after the fact to murder. There were all kinds of voir dires and legal wranglings in the absence of the jury, but which the media was privy to. Perhaps they would know the evidence and at some point the publication ban will presumably be lifted, so they can tell us what we didn't hear about at the time. Here's hoping.

<modsnip>

I forgot about the pub ban, yeah hopefully we'll end up seeing the details regardless. I suppose the criminal record for the lesser charges is not 'unscathed' but not the extent of what I'm personally hoping for.<modsnip>

I had read that to understand that the letters were being referred to, as one package/item, since it didn't state if the 'other item' was seized from the closet or elsewhere on the property, and the letters had not yet been introduced. jmo

Thanks, that could be it. This is where trial by tweet can be frustrating, as many details are missing. I don't recall whether it was ever clarified that Wilson seized the letters (perhaps someone else did, and the object Wilson is referring to is an unknown).

The principle of parsimony however suggests your hypothesis is likely the correct one :clap:

Can anyone remember why it was exactly, that CN and MB felt the need to slop their fingerprints all over the trailer to begin with? IIRC CN also wiped down the locked area at the very rear, which was butted right up against the garage door, which meant that she and MB would have had to have opened the garage door (presumably with an auto opener), and then blithered their slimy little fingers all over it. Why do that?

Thanks, that could be it. This is where trial by tweet can be frustrating, as many details are missing. I don't recall whether it was ever clarified that Wilson seized the letters (perhaps someone else did, and the object Wilson is referring to is an unknown).

The principle of parsimony however suggests your hypothesis is likely the correct one :clap:

I believe the letters were seized during the same search warrant execution, and Wilson was obviously present. It didn't say that Wilson was specifically the officer who found/seized the letters, just that another item was seized. I believe the Crown just didn't want him bringing the letters up at that point in time.

But it could also be true that something else was found which related to one of the other cases, which wouldn't have been allowed to have been brought up at the trial, since the trial wasn't about those other cases, and the seizure of something in that regard may have therefore been deemed too prejudicial to the accused, since the jury would be left thinking the item related to the case at hand. (The book was written too soon!)

I forgot about the pub ban, yeah hopefully we'll end up seeing the details regardless. I suppose the criminal record for the lesser charges is not 'unscathed' but not the extent of what I'm personally hoping for.<modsnip>

I'll bet one can still qualify to be a medical doctor with those other convictions, but probably not so much with the AATFtM conviction.

<modsnip>

To the Crown, the benefit is that it obviates a trial and the expenditure of time and resources that entails, especially as those are under severe constraint as it is. The Crown is also not certain of a conviction even at the best of times, and in a case such as this, where mens rea is at issue, the outcome is more in doubt than in other cases, such as the original Bosma trial. From the Crown's point of view, a guilty plea on lesser charges is definitely preferable to a possible acquittal, and when the accused is not a danger to the public it is a much more viable option.

The judge is charged with making a decision in the public interest. If Crown and defense both agree on a plea resolution, it is unlikely the judge will refuse it without compelling reasons.

Normally, plea deals serve the public interest, because they prevent further clogging of the courts, do result in the accused paying some penalty (incarceration or other), and uphold the administration of justice. When done badly, as in the KH case, they cause a public outcry. But most are reasonable solutions.

Greenspan must consider the case against his client fairly strong, or he would not be taking this course. If he thought she were "innocent" he would not be making a deal, but defending her stoutly as he did the accused in, for example, the Mistie Murry case and the Mohan case. When the accused is just guilty, he represents the client making a guilty plea, as he did in the Muzzo case, where he didn't get Muzzo "off" but by pleading guilty and showing remorse, Muzzo was set up for better parole prospects later on, though he still received one of the longest sentences ever handed down for his type of offense.

How much good is it really, to free up 3 weeks of court time on the day the 3 weeks of court time was to commence? It's not like they can suddenly schedule in some other 3 week trial on a day's notice. The Crowns would be booked, the judge, the court staff.

And sure, the Crown is never 100% sure of a conviction, however we probably didn't hear all of the evidence against her since it wasn't her trial yet, and considering the 2 murder-accuseds have now been convicted, which 'proves' that a murder did indeed take place. That's at least the main hurdle out of the way. It sure would have been a lot more difficult to prove AATFtM if the murderers had been found not guilty.

I have to admit I'm really disappointed by this (potential) news, although I did suspect something was in the works since there seemed to be no extensions being applied for, even with the late advent of a new lawyer for CN. If CN gets this 'deal', I feel like the public outcry will be pretty strong however, although not as strong as with KH of course! moo

I figured this was a possibility all along since she didn't seem to have any ankle bracelet thing or charparone with her anymore. Her not knowing about what was in the trailer or moving an incinerator that had previously been used on an apparent ex-friend of hers is complete BS. She wanted to marry this guy. She was protecting him. She was involved in his "mission" that night. I hope the judge doesn't go for the deal. JMO

How long was Noudga in jail for? I don't recall it being very long - months... what is the minimum sentencing for AATF versus the plea bargain?

CN also wiped down the locked area at the very rear, which was butted right up against the garage door, which meant that she and MB would have had to have opened the garage door (presumably with an auto opener), and then blithered their slimy little fingers all over it. Why do that?

MB asked CN to wipe her prints off rear door. MB tried to open the trailer from the inside her garage after DM dropped off the trailer as she was curious of the contents ... as per DARK AMBITION.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaspurrjax
Back