Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well apparently according to you, the book states I villianized TB, which is as far from the truth you can get if you actually read what I said in the threads and the full discussion on that. If that is the "spin" you got, then I can see why people here have no desire to read the book. We have been here since 2013 when TB first went missing. Not sure what this book can tell me that I didn't read or discuss with others myself. More like a recap with an authors spin from what I can gather. JMO

I just started reading last night and to me it doesn't entirely come across like this in the book, but rather as people trying to understand and rationalize... why Tim? In the early days if you didn't know Tim personally it seemed far fetched to think someone would have been murdered for a truck. Hind sight is 20/20 and everyone can see the police were correct now but this is not how it was in the first weeks of the investigation.

You may be right that it's a recap, I'm not far enough in to actually say, but I have found it interesting to see the information laid out in chronological order all in one compact place.

Hi all! I haven't read Ann's book yet but I cannot wait to pick up a copy of it soon. I'm so glad to hear that it seems to be selling well on Amazon and elsewhere. Congratulations, ABro!

Also, I gotta say that I have huge respect for Ann. Just like the reporters she attended nearly every day of the trial, except instead of tweeting she was diligently documenting every detail of the trial for her book. She often sat in one of the front rows just across the aisle from Tim's parents. What's amazing to me is that on top of it all, she also took the time to participate so much here on Websleuths, offering her views, answering questions, and clarifying details that didn't come through well in the tweets. I feel like that was really generous of her and helpful for our discussions!

Hi all! I haven't read Ann's book yet but I cannot wait to pick up a copy of it soon. I'm so glad to hear that it seems to be selling well on Amazon and elsewhere. Congratulations, ABro!

Also, I gotta say that I have huge respect for Ann. Just like the reporters she attended nearly every day of the trial, except instead of tweeting she was diligently documenting every detail of the trial for her book. She often sat in one of the front rows just across the aisle from Tim's parents. What's amazing to me is that on top of it all, she also took the time to participate so much here on Websleuths, offering her views, answering questions, and clarifying details that didn't come through well in the tweets. I feel like that was really generous of her and helpful for our discussions!

Very well stated, Bill, and I completely agree. And I am sure you will enjoy Ann's book immensely.

Welcome back! Nice to see your "face" again :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very well said! The book explained things to me that I didn't understand when it was tweeted during the trial! I too have said on social media it is a great book

Abro has always gotten the scoop on aspects of the case that others didn't report about i.e. the Matthews and their connection to the murders. That whole aspect got many WS members on here pretty engaged IMO. She always had extra details that other reporters didn't include. Also, I purchased Molly Hayes online ebook. It was very emotional, not detached at all. Very sympathetic towards the victim and his family. Abro is also sympathetic. She seems to want to break open how DM evolved. He seems to have always been a psychopath and completely self-centered. He may have acquired that gene from a member of his family but that's just MOO. I haven't read the book yet but I am very interested in reading it. I'm sure it is excellent.

BTW here is CN's Etsy list of favourite items. She joined in Dec 2012, right after Wayne Millard was murdered. She loves many items that are cool and funky, many sex apparel items (not shocking) and several wedding band sets and engagement rings. Lots of very expensive stuff. Maybe she knew DM was getting a whole bunch of $$$$. Guess she was setting herself up to be next in line to get hitched to DM. Also, lots of aviator stuff (I noted a shotgun necktie pin-classy). I hope there is evidence of more crimes against Noudga. She needs to spend more than a few years (or months) in jail IMO

link contains items that may be NSFW: https://www.etsy.com/il-en/people/christinaenn/favorites

Abro has always gotten the scoop on aspects of the case that others didn't report about i.e. the Matthews and their connection to the murders. That whole aspect got many WS members on here pretty engaged IMO. She always had extra details that other reporters didn't include. Also, I purchased Molly Hayes online ebook. It was very emotional, not detached at all. Very sympathetic towards the victim and his family. Abro is also sympathetic. She seems to want to break open how DM evolved. He seems to have always been a psychopath and completely self-centered. He may have acquired that gene from a member of his family but that's just MOO. I haven't read the book yet but I am very interested in reading it. I'm sure it is excellent.

I think the difference is that Molly's book was about the Bosma family and what they had gone through for the year following Tim's death. One would expect that to be emotional. It wasn't written as a book about the crime itself, but more about what a crime like that does to the family. It was 100% a Bosma book and would have been read for a different purpose, as it was intended.

Does anyone know when Matthew's <modsnip> trial is?
Will there be a thread and are any members covering it?

Does anyone know when Matthew's <modsnip> trial is?
Will there be a thread and are any members covering it?

Do you mean MWJ?... the same guy charged with trafficking three (yes 3 !!!) firearms to DM, including the gun allegedly used to kill WM? ... page 218 Dark Ambition

Do you mean MWJ?... the same guy charged with trafficking three (yes 3 !!!) firearms to DM, including the gun allegedly used to kill WM? ... page 218 Dark Ambition

Surprising Information. I didn't know there were three.
Is he charged with three or just one?

Surprising Information. I didn't know there were three.
Is he charged with three or just one?

MWJ was charged on April 8, 2014 with trafficking 3 firearms to DM. Two days later on April 10, 2014 DM was charged with 1st degree murder of LB + WM.

I have been faithfully following along with the group since the trial, primarily lurking. I thought I would come out of my shell :)

I pre-ordered Ann's book via Indigo, and I have been thoroughly enjoying it. Usually I am a fast reader, but I truly wanted to slowly absorb and savour (if that makes sense) my read of Ann's book. I have finally just completed Chapter 9, the one that everyone's talking about :)

I have followed this case and group since 2013, lurking and "speaking" out in discussions more as the trial progressed. So of course much of the details in Ann's book are familiar to most of us in this forum. But I love re-reading them in a much more cohesive fashion than the tweets, etc., had the ability to provide.

I have also learned many new facts from Ann's diligent investigating.

IMO, we should also realize that there are thousands of people worldwide who didn't follow the case as intently as many of us did, and will want to read the whole story.

I particularly liked that Ann so capably explained Michael Plaxton's use of reverse projection photogrammetry, something that I initially couldn't wrap my head around. Ann took the time to explain it in such a way that I was finally able to understand the procedure and have a WOW moment. It often takes a special person who possesses technical knowledge to be able to impart that knowledge in clearly understandable terms to laypeople. Ann has that capability and I am grateful for that. I experienced similar WOW moments in a few other passages of Ann's book.

To me, it is very skillfully written, and contrary to other opinions shared on this board, I have yet to come across much, if any, of Ann's personal opinions ... only thoroughly-investigated facts. But I always enjoy reading authors' personal perspectives as well as the facts anyhow ... all nourishing food for thought. When authors have invested so much of themselves and their time in researching, investigating and immersing themselves in a story, and once again in the telling of their story, their perspectives are highly informed ones and can be invaluable.

I also love that Ann hasn't written her book in the traditional format that the vast majority of true crime authors do: Generally they write in this order: First chapter is the crime. Next few chapters are short bios of the victim's and perpetrator's lives. Next few chapters cover the investigation. Lastly the trial and its outcome.

I can't think of a word that best describes the style of Ann's telling of this tragic case ... perhaps blended? I can't put my finger on it, or dredge up the proper wording to describe it, but I love it.

It has been a compelling read through the 9 chapters I have read so far, and I'm sure it will continue to be. Still enjoying slowly "savouring" it :)

I hope that everyone has been keeping very well. Will be here for the Noudga trial next week.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It often takes a special person who possesses technical knowledge to be able to impart that knowledge in clearly understandable terms to laypeople. Ann has that capability and I am grateful for that.

Will be here for the Noudga trial next week.

rsbm

Great post Mrs. Threadgoode!

:welcomeback:

BTW here is CN's Etsy list of favourite items. She joined in Dec 2012, right after Wayne Millard was murdered. She loves many items that are cool and funky, many sex apparel items (not shocking) and several wedding band sets and engagement rings. Lots of very expensive stuff. Maybe she knew DM was getting a whole bunch of $$$$. Guess she was setting herself up to be next in line to get hitched to DM. Also, lots of aviator stuff (I noted a shotgun necktie pin-classy). I hope there is evidence of more crimes against Noudga. She needs to spend more than a few years (or months) in jail IMO

link contains items that may be NSFW: https://www.etsy.com/il-en/people/christinaenn/favorites

Interesting list! I don't see it as all that scandalous. We actually have similar taste in jewellery. And I guess you could call some 'sex apparel' but it's pretty par for the course as far as lingerie goes these days for the under-30 people I know, anyway.

She joined Dec 1 2012 right after Wayne Millard was murdered. The lingerie isn't scandalous. There are other items that are IMO. I was more interested in the wedding ring info. Some are black. Didn't DM wear a black "ring" while in court?

With all due respect to both sides of the argument, thank you. We all know ABro's book is out there. Some of us want to read it ...some don't. Either way that's ok. No one is right and no one is wrong. Personal choice but that is not what I feel this thread is all about. Perhaps a new thread for that discussion mods?? We are less than a week away from CN's trial. This is what is important in my mind right now. JMO but my take on this girl...Spoiled rotten little girl..not the kind of money that DM had but perhaps afforded a lot from doting European parents who wanted to do "right" by their daughter. I agree with you Matou that I hope they find more charges. I feel her involvement in this one was much to serious for her to be so "laid back" and be her first taste of the dark side. I am praying that all the i's have been dotted and t's have been crossed going into this trial. This little girl needs to be taught a lesson in the real world.

Curious? Have her friends stood by her? Where was her Dad during TB trial? Will he be supportive now? Will MB be finally made to at the very least atone for her actions ..on the stand?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya
Back