Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea why MH said "Good night sweet prince" to DM? Do men of this age typically converse with each other in this way? (Possibly I am way behind the times, lol.)

Any hidden meaning, or urban slang definition that I am unaware of? (I was surprised to hear there was another meaning for goof or goofy.)

Not important at all, simply curious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Either they were in a deep bromance or someone else was using the phone to text on. Like CN or MM

I think all the circumstantial evidence points to Millard and Smich being very good buddies working together. Millard is a psychopath and Smich was his groupie. I feel it is first degree murder for DM as the killer, and first degree murder for Smich as the aider.

Go back and watch the last season of Breaking Bad. There are many comparisons to be made between Millard/Smich and Walt/Jesse. In the episode I watched last night, after killing a young boy, Todd says, "if I hadn't killed him the mission would have failed". Later Walt says "it's not about meth or money, it's about building an empire". Somewhere Millard even quoted from the show saying its a bad idea to go in to business with a drug addict.

It's not just the language either. On the show they tend to steal what they need, but their missions are very "special ops" like plans with lookouts and walkie talkies and such. I am almost positive that a lot of what Millard was doing came straight from that show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either they were in a deep bromance or someone else was using the phone to text on. Like CN or MM

I get the feeling Millard was a Shakespeare nut, he quoted a whole paragraph in one of his prison letters. The "sweet prince" line is actually from Hamlet, spoken by Horatio.

Go back and watch the last season of Breaking Bad. There are many comparisons to be made between Millard/Smich and Walt/Jesse. In the episode I watched last night, after killing a young boy, Todd says, "if I hadn't killed him the mission would have failed". Later Walt says "it's not about meth or money, it's about building an empire". Somewhere Millard even quoted from the show saying its a bad idea to go in to business with a drug addict.

It's not just the language either. On the show they tend to steal what they need, but their missions are very "special ops" like plans with lookouts and walkie talkies and such. I am almost positive that a lot of what Millard was doing came straight from that show.

Interesting you say that, I thought the same think. Someone in earlier threads mentioned some of his missions resembled some game he played as well. Eg stealing trees, bobcat.. Did the drugs alter his already twisted mind to mimic these things in real life. Got me questioning his comment to CN in one of his letters. Where he says Dell does not have a street name. (?) odd comment. I know he had dell on the Mellon, Dillon the fellon. But why mention that? Odd imo

I don't think a visit to look at the truck was part of the "site tour" plan that the Crown was trying to get in towards the end of their case in chief. They did want the jury to see the Eliminator. They were prepared to have it put on the helipad at OPP Headquarters.
MOO

There are a ton of WSers who would gladly take that tour. We have discussed a field trip several times [emoji13]

Interesting you say that, I thought the same think. Someone in earlier threads mentioned some of his missions resembled some game he played as well. Eg stealing trees, bobcat.. Did the drugs alter his already twisted mind to mimic these things in real life. Got me questioning his comment to CN in one of his letters. Where he says Dell does not have a street name. (?) odd comment. I know he had dell on the Mellon, Dillon the fellon. But why mention that? Odd imo

Either he was telling her not to reveal what his street name is or he was simply pointing to the fact that he didn't use a street name while Smich did.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 4h4 hours ago
I think Dellen Millard fixed his hair since I tweeted the bowl & dull knife description. Is he reading Twitter on court breaks? #Bosma

I think this guy really wants to be a celebrity. He changes his hair and glasses look more often than Justin Bieber. Though when JB was shamed, he walked around with a copy of "As a Man Thinketh" http://www.tmz.com/2015/01/17/justin-bieber-as-a-man-thinketh/ not the Bible. I think DM should talk to his stylist, er, lawyer, to grab him a copy off Amazon. DM is after all extremely image conscious. Both MWJ and MS sought celebrity as rap stars...I think DM is lapping up his status as notorious criminal. I expect him to have a lively career in jail. MWJ and MS however, I would direct their lawyers to start shopping here https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ul+edwards&rh=i:aps,k:how+to+rap+paul+edwards

Thanks for the friendly notes, I came back.
Snooper!!!! Great to see you back!!! I was worried that maybe you sold some real estate with LW2, got you car fixed with SS and then got some mail from MB or something.....

Except Walt wasn't a psychopath was he?

BBM This jumped out at me, since reading the article about what the jury didn't hear. They were only shown the one gun. It was indicated in that article that the one photo actually had 2 guns in it but one was cropped out. Since those articles, there has been discussion about whether both had a gun with them when they went for the test drive. Interesting to now reconsider Hagerman's testimony and the response from DM of simply "2." I recall at the time it was discussed whether this meant 2 guns in the toolbox or, since it was hours later, he meant he would "be there in 2 minutes." As a direct response to the text from Hagerman...DM truly could have meant there were 2 guns in the box. MOO

So in another posters comment it is said that the judge said he didn't "think" there was two guns. I think there was 2 but I guess that it doesn't really matter if there was one or two because one is enough to get first degree. It doesn't matter if there is two. They have a the bullet casing in the back of TB's truck.

I've always thought that there was a strong possibility that there were two guns in the toolbox. That would explain Smich's amnesia about where he buried the toolbox. I never was comfortable with the idea that Smich would go on this mission unarmed either, especially if he actually owned a gun.

He buried the box ....is that code for gave it back to the gun dealer who is now in jail for his criminal activities of selling guns? He a big rapper star now isn't he?

Thinking out loud back at you. The testimonies from both AM & MH are both basically the same in that they each had something that belonged to DM and that they both wanted to get rid of. The part that is confusing and difficult to understand is why would MH be adamant about AM saying that "Dellen had given him something and he knew that he had given him something as well" and "Dellen would've wanted the stuff to go to Mark" as opposed to agreeing that MS had asked for it. This implies that AM knew what he had and it wasn't drugs. If AM had packed up the back pack like he testified to he knew what was in it and there was a lot more then just pot, so how much drugs could be in the toolbox which MH said was small, more like a tackle box that was worth all this extra effort on his part. Wouldn't you just say hey, we have a situation, dump what Dellen gave you?????

Again the band of lying thieves just go round and round.

Sending a note of apology to the court is a classy gesture by the juror with the migraine. It surely wasn't necessary, but it shows character in my opinion. I have a good feeling about this jury and trust that they each have a very strong character and a lot of combined wisdom among them. Keeping the jurors in my thoughts and prayers this evening as they continue their deliberations.

All MOO.

Migraines are a debilitating frustrating condition and when they come on they are immobilizing. For it to occur during such as stressful trial must have been terrible for this juror.

He buried the box ....is that code for gave it back to the gun dealer who is now in jail for his criminal activities of selling guns? He a big rapper star now isn't he?

The toolbox was NOT buried, just the gun(s) was. The toolbox was shown and put up as an exhibit. One particle of GSR was found in the toolbox tray. Now they (Crown) couldn't have done that if the box was buried. That was an error of the OP.

I thought that he may have had Bell's Palsy when I saw him in arrest photos but then I noticed in a photo of him smiling widely from about 10 years ago he has a bad cross bite with a canine tooth forcing his bite to one side. Ortho could fix this because it later photos his smile seems okay. Once the brain is trained to have the jaw to naturally fall it is tough to change even with straight teeth. Just MOO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Or he stroked out from all the coke/meth he was allegedly doing.

Well- I'm still holding onto my prediction of a verdict this afternoon. Thinking to what the Jury knows for sure; they know that there was a gun in the tool box DM dropped off to MH but the question is did they dump it on MS or did he ask for it. IMHO, that's the difference between 1st and 2nd. They would have to believe MS's testimony to believe that he didn't know about the gun and IMHO, they're not going to. MH, even though he lied many times prior, when he was on the stand, he was like a person who was giving his last confession at the pearly gates. MS has a lot more reason to lie about this- of course he didn't know there was a gun! IMHO, the reason DM didn't hold onto it and give it to MS personally pre-arrest is he 1) didn't want it anywhere near him or MS and 2) he couldn't trust MS with the gun and heavier drugs the toolbox contained in the event he didn't get arrested. He was simply "retooling for stormy weather". I don't think DM believed that he was going to get arrested, let alone detained. I've always thought that he figured LE would come to the hangar- see nothing to support the CS report and go away- after all, why would a wealthy, successful CEO of an aviation company be stealing a used truck?

So, I think that they were able to determine that MS requested the drugs and toolbox. With a good nights rest and with 3 days of deliberation/sequestered living behind them, my thoughts are that they've made very good progress and are almost there to determine MS as an aider to DM. I'm totally expecting a verdict of 2 1st degree murder convictions this afternoon :) MOO

Well- I'm still holding onto my prediction of a verdict this afternoon. Thinking to what the Jury knows for sure; they know that there was a gun in the tool box DM dropped off to MH but the question is did they dump it on MS or did he ask for it. IMHO, that's the difference between 1st and 2nd. They would have to believe MS's testimony to believe that he didn't know about the gun and IMHO, they're not going to. MH, even though he lied many times prior, when he was on the stand, he was like a person who was giving his last confession at the pearly gates. MS has a lot more reason to lie about this- of course he didn't know there was a gun! IMHO, the reason DM didn't hold onto it and give it to MS personally pre-arrest is he 1) didn't want it anywhere near him or MS and 2) he couldn't trust MS with the gun and heavier drugs the toolbox contained in the event he didn't get arrested. He was simply "retooling for stormy weather". I don't think DM believed that he was going to get arrested, let alone detained. I've always thought that he figured LE would come to the hangar- see nothing to support the CS report and go away- after all, why would a wealthy, successful CEO of an aviation company be stealing a used truck?

So, I think that they were able to determine that MS requested the drugs and toolbox. With a good nights rest and with 3 days of deliberation/sequestered living behind them, my thoughts are that they've made very good progress and are almost there to determine MS as an aider to DM. I'm totally expecting a verdict of 2 1st degree murder convictions this afternoon :) MOO

Thanks for this summary. And I sure do hope you are right! Waiting anxiously.

So in another posters comment it is said that the judge said he didn't "think" there was two guns. I think there was 2 but I guess that it doesn't really matter if there was one or two because one is enough to get first degree. It doesn't matter if there is two. They have a the bullet casing in the back of TB's truck.
WHY is it held back at all about there being two?? sorry, possibly being two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member