Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thanks to CTV editing for nothing.... they had a reporter live in front of the courthouse and spliced in footage of MS arriving in a police cruiser in the morning. They reported that DM had arrived in a van and that Bosmas were up on the 6th floor....
If he had been a local reporter, who knew the drill, bet this report would never have made it to air !!!
And that is a great example of why journalist who have worked on this trial should be the ones to follow through with the remaining trials over the next year plus---They know it all so far and their reporting would be so much more meaningful.

Thanks for telling us about the report - it was interesting that MS was being brought in by a car and not the court transport van. (I noticed someone wearing all orange beside him).

Apparently there is quite of bit of evidence being withheld that we are not privy to which is deemed to be "for a good reason". Those reasons being to not in any way interfere with justice in the upcoming cases. There are 3 more cases (including MWJ) that tie in with the TB murder, this evidence must be protected if we want to see justice served at a later date. MS has said there is "multiple guns", and we have only seen photos of 2 and only two of MWJ conversations with DM. It is possible and probable that there are many more like the one which we were told of regarding the fact that DM could bring the guns back to MWJ to have the "print" changed. IMO

This case is like creeping Charlie! How do you get to the root of it?

Not sure what that has to do with a hung jury from my post? That was part of the decision tree. I was referring to people saying that the jury has to convict or acquit that there couldn't be a hung jury.

I understood. I was actually trying to expand on your point. One accused can be found guilty, the other verdict for the accused could be a hung jury. The judge emphasized 'the accused in consideration' when charging the jury, IMO, in part to stress that their decisions for the two men are separate.

Thanks for telling us about the report - it was interesting that MS was being brought in by a car and not the court transport van. (I noticed someone wearing all orange beside him).

I couldn't make out anything in that video? all I saw was the glare/reflection off the window :(

Earlier I had asked about what happens on the weekend with the court normally being closed, and all of the other players.. would they be in attendance all day, just as they are on weekdays, etc. Nevermind my silly question, I had forgotten that the jurors are deliberating IN the courthouse, in their jury room, along with all of the evidence. So obviously the courthouse will have to be open and staffed, and have to assume that all of the players can hang out there too. I think at the time I enquired, I was envisioning the jury deliberating in a conference room at their hotel.<modsnip>

Technically, he probably never did. While I'm sure he could have sold enough pot to buy his own gun, I still think it was DM that actually shelled out the cash.

Well, if you want to get pedantic, DM doesn't have a license to own a gun either. If he did, it would have cost a fraction of the price. And, judging from Marks texts on April 11th he was shooting a gun, whether he "owned" it or not.

I am sure this has been discussed before, but I am wondering if Wayne Millard might have discovered something to do with Laura's murder, and perhaps that might have been why he was murdered? Just a thought.

MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
IMHO, WM's murder was precipitated by a couple things. Firstly, I don't believe that WM dealt with conflict between him and DM well at all. The issues around getting DM to get his stuff out of the hangar was left up to AS to look after- WM paid people to do his bidding for him when it came to DM, leading me to believe that WM had no authority over DM at all. The second issue would be DM's recent condo purchase. IMHO, WM had stretched the coffers to the max and was not supportive of DM's real estate acquisitions-more so, not willing to cough up the money to close it. I think that WM was causing way too many problems for DM and getting him out of the equation was the only option. MOO

Susan Clairmont just responded to a tweeted question regarding upcoming approx. trial dates:

Noudga is November, Babcock is Feb. 13, 2017 and Wayne Millard is June 23, 2017.

(We have heard for a while now that Noudga's is Nov. 14, 2016.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope that when this trial is over, that I'll see all of you back here in November!

This is kind of interesting.. because.;.. just say that a unanimous verdict was reached for DM, but they could not get together on a verdict for MS, and his trial, therefore, ends with a hung jury, meaning a mistrial.. at which time a new trial would commence (at some point in the future)... but if that happened, then that would mean that MS would have that trial all by himself, as opposed to being tried together with DM... would that not lend a whole different 'flavor' to the proceedings? I believe that separate trials were requested at some point in the beginning (by one or both of the defendants' legal counsel), but it was denied. If ONE of them ended up getting a separate trial.. can you imagine how the other would react? Is that how it would work? Or would both then have to be retried together again, even if a unanimous verdict had been reached for the one of them.. according to reporters, the one verdict would be accepted. This case really IS so complicated!

This is kind of interesting.. because.;.. just say that a unanimous verdict was reached for DM, but they could not get together on a verdict for MS, and his trial, therefore, ends with a hung jury, meaning a mistrial.. at which time a new trial would commence (at some point in the future)... but if that happened, then that would mean that MS would have that trial all by himself, as opposed to be tried together with DM... would that not lend a whole different 'flavor' to the proceedings? I believe that separate trials were requested at some point in the beginning (by one or both of the defendants' legal counsel), but it was denied. If ONE of them ended up getting a separate trial.. can you imagine how the other would react? Is that how it would work? Or would both then have to be retried together again, even if a unanimous verdict had been reached for the one of them.. according to reporters, the one verdict would be accepted. This case really IS so complicated!

If DM were found guilty and the jury was hung on MS, MS could have a new trial where DM appears to testify against him. Yup, it sure could have a different flavour.

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 3h3 hours ago Susan Clairmont Retweeted *advertiser censored*
Noudga is November. Babcock is Feb. 13, 2017. June 23, 2017 for Wayne Millard.

Well I guess this answers the question as to what the judge's decision was in regard to DM's preliminary hearing in the WM case, which decision must have been under pub ban until now, since there was NO mention of it anywhere. moo

If DM were found guilty and the jury was hung on MS, MS could have a new trial where DM appears to testify against him. Yup, it sure could have a different flavour.

Wow. Wouldn't *that* be something.

I couldn't make out anything in that video? all I saw was the glare/reflection off the window :(

[video]http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=893961&binId=1.1147261&playlistPageNum=1[/video]

I had to replay & pause it a few times. MS has a light-coloured sweater covering him and as the car advances, he takes it off.

[video]http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=893961&binId=1.1147261&playlistPageNum=1[/video]

I had to replay & pause it a few times. MS has a light-coloured sweater covering him and as the car advances, he takes it off.

Isn't he just in his orange jumpsuit?

ETA: Nevermind, sorry.. I thought the 'orange guy' was MS, but you are correct, that is definitely MS's sweater, he is hiding himself from the cameras.. also can see his handcuffs there towards the end. He has a yellow shirt on today. (Hate to break it to him, but everyone already knows what he looks like!)

About the suppressed gun evidence. As someone else pointed out, what would have happened if they hadn't found the shell casing?

With amount of GSR in the cab, prior damning text messages, smashed window, blood and gun photos, I think they had enough to get them to start pointing fingers at each other, effectively admitting they shot Tim.

IMHO, WM's murder was precipitated by a couple things. Firstly, I don't believe that WM dealt with conflict between him and DM well at all. The issues around getting DM to get his stuff out of the hangar was left up to AS to look after- WM paid people to do his bidding for him when it came to DM, leading me to believe that WM had no authority over DM at all. The second issue would be DM's recent condo purchase. IMHO, WM had stretched the coffers to the max and was not supportive of DM's real estate acquisitions-more so, not willing to cough up the money to close it. I think that WM was causing way too many problems for DM and getting him out of the equation was the only option. MOO

It really seems there must have been huge financial issues with the completion of that hangar, and having all of those staff just hanging around, waiting to get started.. eating up what DM perceived to be 'his' money. I can't imagine the cash they must have gone through during the construction and waiting for their permit from Transport Canada. I'll bet DM had many discussions with his 'rabbit' about what a spending frenzy his dad was on. Makes me think that MB really *did* have to at least suspect that DM offed his dad. I wonder if she will be called as a hostile witness in the WM trial? The situation also makes me wonder if WM was kind of just drinking himself into oblivion every day towards the end.. seeing as how much was on the line financially, and how disinterested his son was, the son who he had apparently done all of this FOR. The intertwining of all of these cases is just so danged interesting!

I hope that when this trial is over, that I'll see all of you back here in November!

I don't plan on missing Ms. Noudga get her just desserts. Unfortunately, I don't think we will see her give evidence in her own defense. She came off so poorly in this trial that she won't get far in the next. The Crown is really going to have to have the goods on her to put her away. I can't wait to see her behind bars.

Cristina TenagliaVerified account &#8207;@cristina_CP24 5m5 minutes ago
#Bosma jury took a break for lunch and resumed deliberations at 1.30pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow