Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're entitled to your opinion and to disagree with others. Demeaning is an entirely different game changer.

So instead of "suckered" and "fooled" ABro should have written "persuaded"?

Most people didn't buy MS's testimony.

So because you don't respect their opinion, you can disrespect the poster? I understand quite well thank you. It's condescending to say that because she saw a reasonable doubt, she was suckered by Smich.
Many people expressed their feelings on reasonable doubt, including our own moderator. Telling her to "look at the facts", and "LOL" is clearly disrespectful period.
Again, adding "I'm sorry you dont understand", is condescending, and I'm sorry YOU dont understand that.

LOL is a reference to Mark Smich's incinerator comments. I don't think there's anything remotely funny about this. It's the guy you've defended, for weeks on end, who thought the incinerator was a joke.

I'm sorry, what does "guilty" have to do with arrogant and rude posts meant to belittle someone?

Well what is your position? That MS should be found not guilty? Or what are we arguing about? Not each other, I hope - that's against the rules.

I'm sorry, what does "guilty" have to do with arrogant and rude posts meant to belittle someone?
"GUILTY".

"GUILTY"

"GUILTY"

"GUILTY"

The jury had zero doubt. The jury was never unable to see the whole of the evidence. The jury quite obviously had no reasonable doubt.

"GUILTY".

"GUILTY"

"GUILTY"

"GUILTY"

The jury had zero doubt. The jury was never unable to see the whole of the evidence. The jury quite obviously had no reasonable doubt.

None at all. That's why they didn't return a verdict in 4 hrs as predicted????????

Posts have been removed. Anyone found to be bickering or being snide/snarky toward others posters faces a loss of posting privileges.

If someone is rude toward you in their posting, use the Alert feature to let Mods/Admin know about it. Do NOT respond on the board or your post will also be removed and you may also face a loss of posting privileges for perpetuating the dissension.

The Rules are here for a reason. Read them and post accordingly or face the consequences.

Not according to some posters. They rubber stamped it when they were both arrested

So...they were right? It was pretty apparent from the start that these two were culpable and that there was a load of evidence.

I don't think you have to consider any of the testimony about what happened in the RAM at all. Keep that a black box. Just look at the circumstantial evidence all the way around that and you can clearly see that both DM and MS are rightly found guilty of first degree murder.

They were very obvious about what they did. Some people are hoping that there is more mystery to the story, but there isn't. IMO.

None at all. That's why they didn't return a verdict in 4 hrs as predicted.

I'm just catching up, did I miss a news story, intervie with the jury or jury statement? How do you know they had reasonable doubt? Please post a link.

Quite a few people actually, it was a slam dink

I must have missed those posts. There was no way a jury could have come back with a unanimous verdict in that little time, not after almost 5 months of trial and 2 defendants.

Hey, I'm behind on the threads big time, but was able to go see the verdict today. Wow that was intense. I was beside Lisa H when she was talking to Dungey (there were a few other media trying to sweet talk him too) , I was eavesdropping pretty much lol.
My heart has always been broken for the Bosmas And how they feel is the most important right now, IMO , and I was very happy for them to get some visible relief today.

Hopefully no one will jump on me, but I have to brave and tell the truth, hopefully you guys will understand in ways 'regular' people not following with us won't - anyway, I found I'm having a hard time processing that MS got convicted of 1st degree murder. After following the case for the past 3 years, but following evidence closely, seeing him testify, I had real reasonable doubt.

Like many of you can I'm sure relate, I have spent an insane amount of time reading, thinking, dreaming and feeling about this case. I live near the Bosmas, husband is similar age, 2 small young ones, etc. I understand where people are coming from, I guess I just didn't have the reasonable doubt/wasn't convinced on MS

Anyway, I do hope they got it right, but I feel sad (regarding M1 for MS and his family, etc, there are no winners ) and hope it's ok to say it. It's such a senseless tragedy all around.

Ps Dellen Millard I felt much more confidant on for 1st degree..... And again, I'm very happy for the family to find even a tiny sense of peace with the verdicts today.
And guys, the look DM gave after the verdict to SB was really, really intense!! "true colours"
I will be brave with you, and say, I still have some doubt as to MS and first degree. I thought maybe it was because I really only had Twitter to go by, and no in court time, but you were there quite a bit and still have doubts. I do respect the jury's verdict, and hope they got it right. While we all want justice for Tim, it needs to be the right people with the right sentences. I hope for the sake of all families involved that they got it right

That said, especially based on Dungeys comments, MS will definitely appeal. I think the grounds they will appeal on will be the "bad character" evidence that was allowed in for MS (drug dealing, tricky scales, rap lyrics) whe much similar evidence for Millard was not allowed. Correct me if i. Wrong, but I believe they have 90 days to appeal? An interesting few months coming up

I must have missed those posts. There was no way a jury could have come back with a unanimous verdict in that little time, not after almost 5 months of trial and 2 defendants.

I think people are forgetting to calculate the actual deliberating time. Take off the lunch and supper hours, the 2 hours in court Wednesday morning reviewing testimony, the 3.5 hours lost for migraines/lunch, the leaving early yesterday. Monday was also a right off, they probably spent the first hour just breathing and saying OMG we can finally talk and voting a foreperson. They didn't take very long to reach their decision, it was a long trial. I think they bonded, respected each other and came to the decisions quite easily after reviewing all of the evidence. There wasn't any indication of doubt at all, or they would have had more questions.

I will be brave with you, and say, I still have some doubt as to MS and first degree. I thought maybe it was because I really only had Twitter to go by, and no in court time, but you were there quite a bit and still have doubts. I do respect the jury's verdict, and hope they got it right. While we all want justice for Tim, it needs to be the right people with the right sentences. I hope for the sake of all families involved that they got it right

That said, especially based on Dungeys comments, MS will definitely appeal. I think the grounds they will appeal on will be the "bad character" evidence that was allowed in for MS (drug dealing, tricky scales, rap lyrics) whe much similar evidence for Millard was not allowed. Correct me if i. Wrong, but I believe they have 90 days to appeal? An interesting few months coming up

I haven't been around for a couple of weeks. Why do you doubt that MS is guilty of first degree murder?

I'm just catching up, did I miss a news story, intervie with the jury or jury statement? How do you know they had reasonable doubt? Please post a link.

What link and what news story? It's my opinion as per my signature line - that's why I have it in my signature line :)

I will be brave with you, and say, I still have some doubt as to MS and first degree.

I will be honest and say that I too have reasonable doubts but I respect the jury's verdicts and I am glad the Bosmas got the verdicts they were praying for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse