Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Bosma trial: Frequently asked questions on jury deliberations

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/bosma-faq-2-1.3640423

In this article it mentions DM and MS are held all day in holding cells at the Court. I'm curious if their cells are near each other and if they are able to talk to one another? would love to be a fly on the wall in that room. Does anyone know if they are transported to and from the court in the same vehicle?

Just after noon today MS was transferred in a cruiser while DM is reported to have travelled in a paddy wagon. Don't know about other days.

MS was sitting in the back of a cruiser and when he saw the media cameras he tried to hide....apparently he was not expecting to see them. Makes me think they are summoning everyone without a lot of fanfare for a reason too. I am not going anywhere until they clear this up and tell us what is happening.

Wish i could see this, do you think it is available online? which network?

From Adam Carter -FAQs on jury deliberations

11. What happens if the jury can come to a verdict on one accused, but not the other?

They would deliver the verdict on one accused, but be a hung jury on the other. The accused they couldn't decide on would be tried again on his own.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/bosma-faq-2-1.3640423

ETA: Jinx! @ SnooperDooper!

Humm...interesting. Didn't a few people here say "there can not be a hung Jury. So I guess we CAN have a hung Jury. Just seemed obviously that it could happen, but didn't debate because I really didn't know.

MS was sitting in the back of a cruiser and when he saw the media cameras he tried to hide....apparently he was not expecting to see them. Makes me think they are summoning everyone without a lot of fanfare for a reason too. I am not going anywhere until they clear this up and tell us what is happening.

they are brought to the courthouse every morning and return to jail every night. Him and DM wait it out in holding cells at the courthouse all day

I can't think why he would be in a police cruiser at this point either. He is in custody in jail, his transport would be a prisoner transfer van I would assume.

At this point, IMO, some news crews will probably jump the gun a few times thinking something is happening and wanting to report it first.

I saw the clip of someone (Smich?) in the back of a cruiser earlier on CP24.

Where are you seeing this? Twitter is crickets chirping....
CTV news at noon had a report live from their reporter in Hamilton...all in real time now. Strangely they have said nothing else since. But if it was just another question from the jury, wouldn't the journalists have posted that well in advance???

I saw the clip of someone (Smich?) in the back of a cruiser earlier on CP24.

Just tuned into CP24 in time to see this video. It is definitely MS IMO. They said that was him being brought to court this morning. I think it was just his normal morning transfer just for some reason it was in a cruiser this morning.

I find it interesting that the boom occurs and the brake lights almost immediately light up and the truck pulls off to the side of the road. If interpreted as a gun shot, MS was not in the truck. And, it would support his story, no?
Finally heard it as well. Got to agree with you the brake lights do go on immediately after. Hmm. Ok so maybe MS was not in the truck, but if they test drove that far. Pretty sure Tim was not going willingly. Jmo

they are brought to the courthouse every morning and return to jail every night. Him and DM wait it out in holding cells at the courthouse all day

The way the reporter put it out there was that MS & DM were arriving and that the Bosma family was already on the 6th floor....
You know, he is not one of the local reporters---arrrrgghhh, I hope he knows the drill around there and not just blathering !!!

Humm...interesting. Didn't a few people here say "there can not be a hung Jury. So I guess we CAN have a hung Jury. Just seemed obviously that it could happen, but didn't debate because I really didn't know.

Justice Goodman said when deliberating, they were to focus on one defendant at a time. eg. 'Did the accused under consideration shoot TM? No? If not, did he help plan the shooting? Did he help or encourage the principal (shooter) to do so?

Well thanks to CTV editing for nothing.... they had a reporter live in front of the courthouse and spliced in footage of MS arriving in a police cruiser in the morning. They reported that DM had arrived in a van and that Bosmas were up on the 6th floor....
If he had been a local reporter, who knew the drill, bet this report would never have made it to air !!!
And that is a great example of why journalist who have worked on this trial should be the ones to follow through with the remaining trials over the next year plus---They know it all so far and their reporting would be so much more meaningful.

Was CTV News out of Toronto. :slapfight:I want to hit someone for that....good for ratings i guess...hard on the nerves for us..

I find it interesting that the boom occurs and the brake lights almost immediately light up and the truck pulls off to the side of the road. If interpreted as a gun shot, MS was not in the truck. And, it would support his story, no?

OR, could it mean he used the boom to craft his story?

I hope today is the day the verdicts come in.

Finally heard it as well. Got to agree with you the brake lights do go on immediately after. Hmm. Ok so maybe MS was not in the truck, but if they test drove that far. Pretty sure Tim was not going willingly. Jmo

I haven't swayed from this theory yet. I think TB was confined/restrained by MS but this couldn't be proven...so off the table it goes. TB got out of restraints, possibly the duct tape <----(MS'S f-up)?? and DM shot TB. Repostioned body to back of pickup, U-turn back to farm. Couldn't take a dead body down the highway. I believe their intentions were to kill TB at the farm, not in the truck on a side road.

All MOO of course

"From Adam Carter -FAQs on jury deliberations

11. What happens if the jury can come to a verdict on one accused, but not the other?

They would deliver the verdict on one accused, but be a hung jury on the other. The accused they couldn't decide on would be tried again on his own."

I think AC is making an assumption here as a retrial is not a certainty.

The Crown could decide not to retry the accused. A stronger possibility would be that a plea to a lesser charge (manslaughter?) would be accepted in which case he would not be tried again.

Once a jury hangs, both sides tend to become more realistic about the weaknesses of their positions and more willing to make a deal in order to at least get something or to minimize the damage.

Well thanks to CTV editing for nothing.... they had a reporter live in front of the courthouse and spliced in footage of MS arriving in a police cruiser in the morning. They reported that DM had arrived in a van and that Bosmas were up on the 6th floor....
If he had been a local reporter, who knew the drill, bet this report would never have made it to air !!!
And that is a great example of why journalist who have worked on this trial should be the ones to follow through with the remaining trials over the next year plus---They know it all so far and their reporting would be so much more meaningful.

I must have watched something different....they were very clear to say deliberations were in the 5th day and the footage was of MS arriving in the am to the courthouse and that DM arrived later......didn't indicate in any way that a verdict was in....or that anything was different.....MOO

Justice Goodman said when deliberating, they were to focus on one defendant at a time. eg. 'Did the accused under consideration shoot TM? No? If not, did he help plan the shooting? Did he help or encourage the principal (shooter) to do so?

Not sure what that has to do with a hung jury from my post? That was part of the decision tree. I was referring to people saying that the jury has to convict or acquit that there couldn't be a hung jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes