Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry someone may have answered and it got lost in the mix but do both get brought to prison tonight to start their sentence? Surely they don't go back to the detention centre?

How are you doing canadiangirl? I was concerned that you might not think MS was guilty of M1. Are you ok with the verdict?
Thanks for the message, I know most here are excited to say "we told you so", so I'm not surprised to be singled out here.

As I have said, the jury was there to see everything first hand, I'm not the judge, and I absolutely respect them. As we can tell by the length of their deliberations, it was not an easy task.

I'm hopeful each of them are confident in their decisions. It's been a very long road for everyone.

Sorry someone may have answered and it got lost in the mix but do both get brought to prison tonight to start their sentence? Surely they don't go back to the detention centre?

Directly to jail.

If not already posted. Since i only have internet, I found this news report.
CTV 3 minute video of guilty verdict.

Correcting the link and testing:

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.2950437

Comments that lawyers for accused approached them before reading of verdict, likely to say no matter what, this is not the end of road. So the appeal process.
And he commented on judge taking a recess to get his thoughts together...

My comment, I am so happy. Although I missed the live twitter, I am joining in, with tears of joy, and relief for the Bosma family and for served justice, IMO in this trial, in Canada.
:loveyou:

Cristina Tenaglia Verified account ‏@cristina_CP24 2m2 minutes ago
Thomas Dungey will represent #Smich in #Babcock case. Says his client will plead not guilty. Millard plans to rep himself. #Bosma

attachment.php

Christina Noudga's lastest post is celebrating..? Disgusting

That was posted 5 days ago.. not today.

Goodman says he's a "little surprised," and needs some time to get his comments together. We'll be back at 4:15 for sentencing.
by Adam Carter 3:18 PM

​Really? He is surprised??
Very interesting comment from a judge. Maybe I'm not the only one who had some doubt.

Crown will most likely speak to the media. MS's lawyer will speak to the media. DM's lawyers apparently have declined to speak to the media. SB will speak last.

I think surprised that no one will be entering victim impact statements and that the Crown is asking for sentencing to be done right away.....my take on it.....not necessarily surprised by the verdict....

He's the judge. He doesn't have to say yes to anything

It says, Leitch is also seeking a DNA order, and a non-communication order.
Does anyone know who the non-com order covers?
Just between DM and MS? and is that forever?

We're back in the courtroom. Smich is here, speaking with one of the court officers from the prisoner's box.
by Adam Carter 4:23 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member