Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think? I think either way same verdict

I do because I was off the fence for a bit, then on the fence untill he testified. That knocked me right back off. I also seen other fence sitters fall off at that time as well.

Very interesting comment from a judge. Maybe I'm not the only one who had some doubt.

It wasn't that he had doubt or doesn't agree with the verdict. I was corrected after that post. What he was surprised about was that there will be no victim impact statements. AC wasn't too clear in how he wrote that.

CBC- MS's lawyer will make a statement to the media outside the courthouse, then the Crown, then SB will speak.

DM's lawyers declined the offer to make a statement.

No sign of Millard yet.
by Adam Carter 4:26 PM

Probably off crying in his cell.

I was a fence sitter for a bit. Maybe even right until around the beginning of deliberations, then saw what the jury didn't see. If the jury gave MS less then M1 they would have never lived that down. IMO..

The mood in the courtroom is much more positive than before. It's as if a weight lifted off the family.
by Adam Carter 4:28 PM

God, Smich must regret taking the stand. Potentially marks him as a rat, etc. All for nothing in the end. It must feel like a very personal rejection/failure. For now I don't share the 100% certainly that most of you have that this was the right verdict, but I definitely respect it and will assume the jury had a better sense of the evidence than I had and had made the best decision.

I agree with your comments.

So, so relieved at these verdicts. I was worried when it was taking so long - but they've done a great job! Finally that smirk has been wiped off DM's face :happydance:

I just posted this, but will again.
You will see why judge surprised.

Corrected the link and tested.
http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.2950437

CTV 3 minute video of guilty verdict. By reporter John Mussleman (sp?)
Comments that lawyers for accused approached them before reading of verdict, likely to say no matter what, this is not the end of road. So appeals.
And he commented on judge taking a recess to get his thoughts together, re VIS not to be read out?
Worth a watch.

Sorry, this is my naive side that is confused I guess. So they are going right to where they will stay for 25 years?
They are taken to the intake prison near Kingston. There they are assessed and given a home institution. I suspect they will be in different prisons.

During their 25 years they get reassessed and potentially get moved from max to med and possibly even min.

As well as transfers among prisons they could be moved throughout their sentence

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Dellen Millard walked in, stared right at Sharlene Bosma and shook his head.
by Adam Carter 4:28 PM

The courtroom erupted with noise. Some people laughed at him.
by Adam Carter 4:29 PM

Millard's lawyers immediately went over to talk to him after he did that.
by Adam Carter 4:29 PM

CBC- MS's lawyer will make a statement to the media outside the courthouse, then the Crown, then SB will speak.

DM's lawyers declined the offer to make a statement.

Of course he declined....not shocking at all LOL

He's got nerve. That's been his problem all his life the . MOO.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 24s24 seconds ago
Dellen Millard walked in, stared right at Sharlene Bosma and shook his head.

Hopefully this is the last time SB ever has to be in the same room as DM.

I just posted this, but will again.
You will see why judge surprised.
http:// .ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=894174&playlistId=1.2950437&binId=1.1147261&playlistPageNum=1

CTV 3 minute video of guilty verdict.
Comments that lawyers for accused approached them before reading of verdict, likely to say no matter what, this is not the end of road. So appeals.
And he commented on judge taking a recess to get his thoughts together, re VIS not to be read out?
Worth a watch.

The link doesn't work, on either post. Just an FYI.

Omg DM looks at SB and shakes his head? This guy is a piece of work. I'm sorry no matter what anyone thinks of MS he did not make a spectacle of himself like DM has. Especially to a family who's husband was murdered! God

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member