Verdict: GUILTY!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that if they use the tree he will be charged with 2nd degree murder. argh

I disagree (respectfully of course)

No way for him to find his way out of that aiding and abetting tree.

MOO

(God bless the judge for the trees and sorry for complaining about them yesterday..! By tweet they were confusing but up close and personal they are really amazing tools)

moo

Yep I totally agree!!!

What I am wondering is why was the BB allowed as evidence and not the iphone and laptop??? Why include one and not the other? I am sorry this is all wrong

Was the BB on his person when he was arrested, or was it in his car?

Perhaps he voluntarilly turned over his phone? If he thought it was "clean"

If it was on his person they would have needed a separate warrant to search that.

From what I heard in the community shortly after his arrest was that the most damning evidence would never get in due to the search warrant issue and the changing laws...

James Armstrong ‏ @jamesarmstrong7
Rodney Stafford now leaving the overflow room. He stayed silent, and motionless throughout most of the interrogation.

omg SB, way to go....what did u say to them?? MOO

No snoofer I did not call...I am just posting tweets XO

Blatchford: As they head for deliberations, Stafford jurors know little of Michael #Rafferty http://bit.ly/KOJtEF #ToriStafford

Rodney Stafford now leaving the overflow room. He stayed silent, and motionless throughout most of the interrogation. #Rafferty

In video McClintic describes sexual assault in more detail for officer Smyth. #Rafferty

Mike Knoll: for those interested, here are the decision trees the jury is considering: http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/05/10/19743771.html

Thanks for posting the link to the decision trees, Sailor Bug. I missed them yesterday.

I like how they map everything out clearly.

Looking at them, I think that the jury can find MR guilty of first degree murder even if they have questions about the sexual assault, because he clearly kidnapped her. IMO

I always thought in a search warrant, along with specific items, it was stated something like "anything that may pertain to the crime".

Would someone post that video Shania Twain "UP" if the jury comes back guilty. I think it would be nice to have us all dance and celebrate!

Was the BB on his person when he was arrested, or was it in his car?

Perhaps he voluntarilly turned over his phone? If he thought it was "clean"

If it was on his person they would have needed a separate warrant to search that.

From what I heard in the community shortly after his arrest was that the most damning evidence would never get in due to the search warrant issue and the changing laws...

I think he was banking on that imhoo

(I still am perplexed at the absolutely weak case put on by the defense.. I mean one witness? Didn't even attempt to challenge the forensics, etc)

They have to decide whether they believe her first testimony or the second. In reality, no one will ever know who actually struck the hammer so IMO it will fall on to common sense. I believe strongly they know he raped her, now the question is why would they not believe he killed her if he could do that. Did he really just let TLM do it and help clean up after? If so is he an accessory to murder but not a murderer.....he is than still GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER.....I am happy they have this tree

I always thought in a search warrant, along with specific items, it was stated something like "anything that may pertain to the crime".

one of the articles I just read upstream said that electronics (after Tori) are now considered a "place" vs a "thing"

(scratches head...I guess the internet is kind of like a place...?)

Jury in #Rafferty trial still watching video footage of McClintic interrogation.

McClintic explaining how Tori pleaded with her to "make him stop, make him stop" #Rafferty

This portion of the video is an hour long. #McClintic now telling police it was #Rafferty who kicked and killed Tori.

If either #McClintic or #Rafferty don't get life in prison I am moving out of canada. #disgraceful

@TheLC_75 McClintic explaining how Tori pleaded with her to "make him stop, make him stop"

I'm pretty sure that Heeny designated the computers as a place not a thing, and that is why he said LE needed a separate warrant. I know it was in the Globe article from yesterday. I will look again.

Here:
"Put simply, a computer or personal electronic device can no longer be viewed as a “thing,” Mr. Justice Thomas Heeney ruled, in rejecting the Crown’s bid to have the contents of Mr. Rafferty’s laptop admitted as evidence.

Rather, he said, recent case law holds that because a computer can contain huge amounts of personal information – e-mails, bank records, memos, documents, photos – it should be regarded as a “place,” akin to a house."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...deo-found-on-raffertys-laptop/article2429175/

Except he was applying a precedent that had been established after Rafferty's arrest, so IMO, his decision is faulty.

one of the articles I just read upstream said that electronics (after Tori) are now considered a "place" vs a "thing"

(scratches head...I guess the internet is kind of like a place...?)

Seriously? What a bunch of crap!

Also, if they find hiom not guilty of murder but guilty of the other charges he still gets 25years to my understanding

This interrogation video was key evidence in the case against #Rafferty. Though it conflicted with her testimony

Woodstock's Police Chief and Mayor will make a statement on the #Rafferty trial at a news conference one day after the verdict is read.

Rodney Stafford is silent, staring intently at the screen, watching McClintic cry in the footage. #Rafferty
bbm, God bless him :(

Can you link what the jury is watching now?

Mike Knoll: - my web connection isn't too strong right now so I'm avoiding accessing the videos. Go to www.lfpress.com/videos and search "McClintic interview"

@LindaNguyenPN Actually Terri doesn't confess to Tori's murder, she recounts how #Rafferty murdered Tori incl. dawning a bag himself.

Michael #Rafferty, in a three-piece suit and pale blue and white striped tie, watches the video intently from the prisoner's box.

McClintic describing when #Rafferty kicked Tori, how hard he kicked her "like he booted her"

Mike Knoll: @Tiko - it's around an hour. Craig Needles from London's AM980 just came down and told me they're still watching it

Rafferty is watching the interrogation video from his prisoner's box. Barely moving, he's wearing a three-piece suit

This video segment from the May 24/09 police interview McClintic gave is an hour long. #Rafferty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madsulli