Verdict: GUILTY!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like your idea, and decided to as well. The only thing I have is a purple turtle neck sweater, no accesories (not my colour) I sure hope they come with a verdict soon, because it's a warm day lol

I wish we could all be on the steps of the court house wearing purple clothes and holding purple balloons and flowers to show our support for Tori's family.

Purple Ribbons for Tori in Woodstock as residents await verdict.

*tears*

577531170.jpg

http://twitpic.com/9juhwi

Hey... just wondering if anyone else has been thinking the same thing as me. It seems to me that there are some people who were "regular" posters here that have all of a sudden disappeared. Maybe I'm wrong - but, it seems pretty strange to me. Anyone else notice this and what are your thoughts. Sorry if someone has already asked this -- I don't have time to read back thoough all of the pages over the last couple of days...

And then there is the reverse, too. Those of us who dropped off long ago when it got ... nuts ... ;)

But now we're back, waiting right beside you for justice for Tori.

Wonder if the jury is having tylenol for lunch - this whole thing makes my head ache. I have great empathy for what these women and men on the jury have done so far and what they must do next.

An hour and a half for lunch is rather long imo. I am thinking that they are not going to delay too much with a verdict after they return from lunch. Just a hunch, just an opinion and all that.

Well i am going to take a walk right now. I'm going to look at the flowers and especially the purple one's. Appreciate that i can see them and walk freely. I had a cluster of butterflies the other day on one of my flowering trees. Tori is everywhere if we look.

She really is everywhere today. The apple tree in front of my house just started blooming today: in PURPLE

I know tell me about it?? I want to know why he wasnt charged for rape....When we were all talking about if she was drugged could it have been possible that they drugged her with whatever they drugged this girl with? It seemed to me that Tori was coherent during this time so I think she wasnt but now hearing this who knows..JMO

My thought is that the woman decided not to press charges for some reason?

Also - do I have it right? The woman that was tied up is a separate woman from the woman who signed the agreement? Two different women, right?

Salem

I'm still feeling positive the jurors are going to come back with a guilty of all three charges today before suppertime. Anytime now. MOO

Justice for Tori!

1:02
Randy Richmond:
@GuestL Nothing released that said Rafferty's side of story. Just suggestions from defence in questions to TLM and in defence closing.
fb_share2.png

1:01

Comment From guest
Was there ever anything released that stated raffertys side of the story cause if so i can not find it ????

He had no side to his story - he was an innocent dupe. He had no defense so they had to try to make one up. Not a shred of evidence to indicate he was doing anything other than what he was charged with.

Salem

Also - do I have it right? The woman that was tied up is a separate woman from the woman who signed the agreement? Two different women, right?

Salem

I believe that they are two separate women from what I have read/digested thus far.

Makes me wonder how many other females he violated.

eleph .... just sad and sick at this time

*A London woman told police in January 2009 that Rafferty drugged her glass of wine while they watched a movie at her place. He tied her hands behind her back, choked her and forced to have anal sex, all the while telling her to pass out. When he was done he went to the bathroom, to clean up, then came back and untied her hands. He helped her into the bedroom, cleaned the wine glasses and left. Police determined the sex was not consensual, but the matter did not go to court.*

I really wonder why this did not go to court?! Locking him up for this could have saved poor, sweet Tori :-(.

I thought she was too terrified to follow through?

Salem

The woman went to police to make the statement. The police press the charges. I think this deserves to be explained.
Maybe the information went for Crown opinion and it was a he said/she said so the Crown decided there wasn't a chance of conviction so it went nowhere.
I dunno.

Salem

Yes I am pretty sure they were two separate people. JMO

What wonderful idea that was and such a return to memory lane.
Posted a photo and wearing a purple T..hoping good things are coming our way

It's lovely. As are the foxgloves.

Wish I could find the thread from the memorial day. Posters shared the most beautiful songs, poems and pictures that day. I'll keep looking.

detectives asked mtr what advice he would be given and he said...to talk to my lawyer. So it seems that he has full trust in lawyers and has past experience with them...so am guessing he likely had a lawyer for the one about the woman drugged. MOO I get the impression he is used to having someone else advocate for him or speak for him or solve his problems. jmo

The woman went to police to make the statement. The police press the charges. I think this deserves to be explained.
Maybe the information went for Crown opinion and it was a he said/she said so the Crown decided there wasn't a chance of conviction so it went nowhere.
I dunno.
Well, there certainly was no conviction because it wasn't on his record. Even if she went to the police, she most likely declined going ahead with the charges, not wanting to go to court. The only thing on Raffery's record was stealing stuff out of unlocked cars (as a young offender perhaps).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper