Verdict: GUILTY!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought she was too terrified to follow through?

Now that you say this LadyL - I think there was something in one of the articles that said this???

Maybe we should start a thread for this, and move these posts over? Do you guys want a thread to discuss the women?

Salem

If you do - just start one and alert the first post and I'll copy the posts from here over.

Well i am going to take a walk right now. I'm going to look at the flowers and especially the purple one's. Appreciate that i can see them and walk freely. I had a cluster of butterflies the other day on one of my flowering trees. Tori is everywhere if we look.

That's beautiful. I think I'll do the same. Not too many flowers out here in the Rockies yet, but maybe I'll see something.

I just remembered I have a purple sweater...

12:48

Randy Richmond:
@James. Good point. Very ironic.
12:48

Comment From James
Seems ironic doesn't it, crown can't use contents of laptop as evidence but defense uses apparent contents on TLM's ipod as evidence? Is that not one and the same?

someone please tweet Randy Richmond that the difference is in how the 'evidence' was obtained, although I still find it ironic

Well, there certainly was no conviction because it wasn't on his record. Even if she went to the police, she most likely declined going ahead with the charges, not wanting to go to court. The only thing on Raffery's record was stealing stuff out of unlocked cars (as a young offender perhaps).

not stealing JF....TAKING things ;) moo

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

We Will Miss You, Tori

http://cponline.insinc.com/graphics/2012/rafferty_gallery/#

Attachments

• pray.JPG
    pray.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 80
  • rodney.JPG
    rodney.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 81
  • hugs.JPG
    hugs.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 80
  • hugs2.JPG
    hugs2.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 80
  • wewillmissyoutori.JPG
    wewillmissyoutori.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 81
The woman went to police to make the statement. The police press the charges. I think this deserves to be explained.
Maybe the information went for Crown opinion and it was a he said/she said so the Crown decided there wasn't a chance of conviction so it went nowhere.
I dunno.

She probably didn't come forward until after he was arrested for this crime. Too ashamed, embarrassed perhaps. Many rape victims do not report, especially when it happens in your own home with someone you invited to be there.

MOO

...ugh I keep logging in and praying to see a verdict...IMO if the jury knew the wHOLE TRUTH like we do I bet the verdict would be in already....IMO...no doubt ..GUILTY of all charges !...I heard from people in WOODSTOCK the community is outraged that ALL EVIDENCE ...like we know now ...was NOT presented to the jury...IMO the police tried real hard in the 7 intervwiews to get a confession out of MR.Rafferty or shall I call him...MR. Semen again ...eh ???...ugh robynhood!

It's lovely. As are the foxgloves.

Wish I could find the thread from the memorial day. Posters shared the most beautiful songs, poems and pictures that day. I'll keep looking.

I thought it was on You tube now, maybe I'm wrong I'll look too

I just moved into a house last July and we are now finally getting to the backyard. I plan to have a little memorial for Tori. I have always wanted to but some people think its weird that I am so attached to this case so I guess that is why I havent. Some people just dont get why I care and really I cant explain it. There are many cases that I had interested in besides Tori but this one just hit home hard and to explain it to some people including my fiance is just a waste of time LOL.. I care that is all that anyone needs to know :)

Well, there certainly was no conviction because it wasn't on his record. Even if she went to the police, she most likely declined going ahead with the charges, not wanting to go to court. The only thing on Raffery's record was stealing stuff out of unlocked cars (as a young offender perhaps).

I wonder if the police spoke to Rafferty in January 2009 about this.

Plus if things go for Crown opinion it takes a long time.

o/t ...just wanted to say

I am so emotional today and can't stop the tears from falling

I lost my 16 year old precious dog Paxton yesterday (bone cancer & kidney failure)

Such horrifc Rafferty disclosures last night

we are so close now to a verdict...I'll be back in a bit

Big hugs Sailor Bug!! I'm so sorry about that!!

someone please tweet Randy Richmond that the difference is in how the 'evidence' was obtained, although I still find it ironic
It's been explained before. LE got warrants to search his house and his car, but apparently were advised they didn't need separate warrants for the laptop and hard drive. This was a grey area because the law was changing at the time. It looks like the judge went by the new law, not the old one and disallowed the electronic evidence. It's still a grey area because of when it happened and could well be revisited if there's an appeal.

That's beautiful. I think I'll do the same. Not too many flowers out here in the Rockies yet, but maybe I'll see something.

I just remembered I have a purple sweater...

Ahhh the beauty of the Rockies. There are some pics of Tori on vacation out West with the mountains in the background. Purple it is today. Power walked. It helped with some of the adrenaline.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIlkL8_A3-c"]Victoria Stafford Montage Tribute - YouTube[/ame]

ut oh, just one of many tributes, have to go for break bawling again

She probably didn't come forward until after he was arrested for this crime. Too ashamed, embarrassed perhaps. Many rape victims do not report, especially when it happens in your own home with someone you invited to be there.

MOO

The way the LFP worded it I took it as the woman went to the police in January 2009. But I re-read it and it could mean she told police that the incident happened in January 2009 but she told them after such as during the murder investigation.

*sigh* he got away with so much :(

He is a coward.

1:30
Mike Knoll:

@Guest#1 - he didn't appear to look anyone in the eye in the edited version I watched. The full 4hr interview is available, broken up into 7 parts, at www.lfpress.com/videos
fb_share2.png

1:29

Comment From guest # 1

Mike can you answer the question about Rafferty looking anyone in the eyes during his questioning by police and can you tell me is there somwhere I can find the questioning in its entirety?

I just moved into a house last July and we are now finally getting to the backyard. I plan to have a little memorial for Tori. I have always wanted to but some people think its weird that I am so attached to this case so I guess that is why I havent. Some people just dont get why I care and really I cant explain it. There are many cases that I had interested in besides Tori but this one just hit home hard and to explain it to some people including my fiance is just a waste of time LOL.. I care that is all that anyone needs to know :)

That's lovely. I feel the same way with this case. Just remind those folks that the reasons you care so much are the very reasons they love you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
issy565