Verdict: GUILTY!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarified question reads 'does removing a child's clothing in an unlawful confinement situation constitute sexual assault' #Rafferty

Justice Heeney simply states yes. That constitutes as sexual assault.

3rd question is on wording of the judges charge about not believing evidence that makes someone innocent. #Rafferty #570news

AM980.ca‏@AM980_Court

New Question: Does the removal of a child's clothing in an unlawful confinement situation constitute a sexual assault?

This question really worries me, are they thinking MR's only involvement was that he helped remove Tori's clothes? Obviously some or one of them is not thinking that he raped Tori.

I wonder if they are questioning in a round about way as to whether TLM was charged with sexual assault also. Jurors believe Tori was sexually assaulted but now they may be wondering by whom. They see the naked from the waist down as evidence against sexual assault. Remaining confident we are going to hear a guilty verdict real soon. Please remain positive friends. There is too much telling evidence for MR to get off. Jurors just want to be sure they cross all the T's and dot all the I's. MOO

I wish I could be positive like you but I cant I am so stressed out right now. LOL.. I need alcohol :)

Clarified question reads 'does removing a child's clothing in an unlawful confinement situation constitute sexual assault' #Rafferty

He already answered this question prior with a yes right?

There are so many other alternatives that could explain that ... anyone watching TV Crime shows sees where the cloths were removed to make it look like rape.

What bothers me now is the question ... If TLM removed the cloths, would MR be just as guilty. That is how I understand the question.

Why would TLM or MR remove clothes to make this look like a rape? Are you saying that one of them could have removed the clothes after Tori was murdered to make it look like a rape?
Where are Tori's clothes?

Sorry, just trying to understand you way of thinking because there could be somebody on the jury with the same thought process.

taking a quick break & possibly puring some alcohol while I'm at it

I am shivering ... I think it's near

the phrasing of this question means they believe she was kidnapped right? am I interpreting this correctly? am I freaking out too much? why yes, yes I am

arghhhhhhhh

We are all freaking out. We dont need a real roller coaster cuz we are on a virtual one. Round of beers here for all. Cheers. To the outcome we pray for.

This question really worries me, are they thinking MR's only involvement was that he helped remove Tori's clothes? Obviously some or one of them is not thinking that he raped Tori.

Sounds to me like they are trying to justify the rape in the absence of forensic proof

JMO

AM980.ca‏@AM980_Court

New Question: Does the removal of a child's clothing in an unlawful confinement situation constitute a sexual assault?

That is a better rephrasing. It sounds like they are agreed on the kidnapping charge. If not, the juror(s) who didn't agree with that charge would never let the question be re-phrased in this manner. IMO

I wonder if they think that TLM removed Tori's clothing while taking her to pee. I'm still confused.

As well, I suspect that the lawyers were arguing about the answer because appeals are often made on the grounds of an incorrect charge to the jury. The judge's answer has to appease both sides. I think.

Maybe they feel there is no evidence of SA and they are looking for away to prove SA IMO

We are all freaking out. We dont need a real roller coaster cuz we are on a virtual one. Round of beers here for all. Cheers. To the outcome we pray for.
We need Nurse to get on a rollercoaster. Verdicts seem to come in when she is on real ones :)

AM980.ca‏@AM980_Court

Jurors coming back now.

I was worried about that, too, with the jury's question. And then I was worried that they thought only TLM renoved the clothes, but can MR be quilty because he was there.
Then my thinking took a different turn. I think they really want to find him guilty of SA, but because there is no concrete physical evidence, they are trying to find a way to still find him guilty. And the judge has now said "yes" to their question. I think it is a good sign!!

Heeney says to clarified question that yes, that's sexual assault. Hasn't told jury yet. #Rafferty

Judge will be answering yes. Stripping a child of their clothes is sexual assault. #rafferty

Jury is being brought in. Judge will tell them that removing a child's underclothing in confinement situation is sex assault #ToriStafford

TRIAL UPDATE: THIRD question from #Rafferty jury; question is about evidence, believing some of it and not others.

Jury sent back to deliberations. #Rafferty

AM980.ca‏@AM980_Court

Heeney tells the jury the new question is much easier to answer. Short answer: Yes.

I believe they are looking at the removal of the clothes as their solid evidence that there was a sexual assault performed by MR. It's the logical sequence of events.

They don't have solid DNA evidence to say yes, guilty... But removal of 8 year olds clothing would lead them to think the next step would be sexual activity.

Laura Carney‏@TheLC_75

OMG seriously? How can it NOT be?

Anyway....

Glad they are thinking "unlawful confinement" and not "innocent dupe going for a drive with a girlfriend who picked up a friend's kid from school".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse