Verdict: GUILTY!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RT @AveryFreeFMNews: Judge's answer to sexual assault question in short: "yes" #Rafferty Means guilty on all three counts!

Back getting caught up... wearing purple (thank goodness it's a t-shirt, it's a warm one here today)

Again a big hug to all!

oh I shall turn on twitter ...I see people are getting news which I did not know was happening...I shall see what I can find and if I do find anything will post here ...? is that the right place??? ...must ask my tech son how to ask question on twitter...online here ...see ya too all my great friends ..yep robin will do her famous rockin robin job here ....I shall try my best ....thanks again my hear is relly broken about all this also.....UGH I was just at York Central hospital in Richmond hill and parked in the high school parking lot of that school that M.R. went to so many years ago.....there has been NO NEWS of him as a child ....not a thing! ......robynhood!

Ugh, still no verdict?

I stressed out at 2 garden centres. Couldn't find the right purple flower.

ETA: I did see a novelty t-shirt in Macs though, that says "I'm on the Twitter".

Francis D'Souza ‏ @cityfrancis
@cityfrancis false alarm not question #4

No worries we are just entering our eighth hour of deliberation. The jurors just want to make certain the get it right. The guilty verdict is coming. Pfft he'll probably start crying and say "I didn't do it". The psychopath that he is. MOO

I think it's about 6-6 1/2 hrs when you consider lunch and breaks and also when they were watching the video for about an hour this morning. I'm hoping they come to one before 9pm tonight.

Jury dinner from 5:30 to 7pm. Back at 9. #Rafferty (if no verdict before then)

below tweet is just a news story...clarifies what the Jury did ask earlier today

AdrianMorrow
Jury has two more questions in the #Rafferty case, back to deliberating. Writethrough http://tinyurl.com/6n6vufn via @globeandmail

London court still busy with reporters, and family of Tori Stafford... Anxious for a verdict.

Just heard Steven Skurka (Toronto criminal defence lawyer) on John Tori Show (Newstalk 1010) ... he said he said wasn't able to express his opinion before but that he can now say the evidence is "overwhelming". He thinks this will be a guilty verdict & that we should know by the end of tomorrow.

Okay, I can breathe a little better now!

just got home from work, guess no verdict yet, sheesh and loads of threads to catch up on, oh my

IMO I think they are voting right now for final answer....someone is stubborn, just a feeling, there's so much action going on right now I can't see them going past tonight, hopefully not that is

A video for an hour, a few words than an two hour lunch followed by a couple of questions and 2 smoke breaks, seriously, can I have this job lol

A video for an hour, a few words than an two hour lunch followed by a couple of questions and 2 smoke breaks, seriously, can I have this job lol

Only problem is it doesn't pay very well....and if you make a mistake you have to live with it for the rest of your life. :(

..just thought I would let you know the jury comes every day 7 days a week from 9am-9pm naturally with breaks and lunch....courthouse in London is packed with reporters ...there is a news room .Tori's parents are both in courthouse waiting for verdict ...everyone is anxious like us online for a VERDICT already!!!.....robynhood...info in case others did not realize as I did NOT!..I am sure when a verdict is reached it will be immediately on Cp 24 NEWS for all of you in Toronto like I am !!!...that I am sure everyone in toronto would know tho...robynhood

alright, it's after 5 - they're on dinner break so I'm finally going to get a nap in (even though I should be doing laundry)

maybe they'll come back before 9 with a verdict ... I sure hope so

JUSTICE FOR VICTORIA!

Only problem is it doesn't pay very well....and if you make a mistake you have to live with it for the rest of your life. :(

With this evidence I would have had no problem. You take an 8yr old in the middle of the woods, she is found without her pants on, broken ribs, lacerated liver and dead under rocks and there's no denial he was there actually proof he was, TLM deserves to go and so does he, simple as that IMO

I started crocheting a purple shawl on the first day of the trial. My goal is to finish by the time the guilty verdict is read. I am almost finished just adding the fringe. This how I stay calm

Jury is still out in #Rafferty trial. Family, reporters and others hanging around the courthouse.

Jury still out on #Rafferty will break for supper soon (5:30PM)

Update from Court today nine-woman, three-man Jury panel

10 a.m- the jury asked to re-watch a video of Ontario Provincial Police investigator Jim Smyth questioning Terri-Lynne McClintic about the crime (May 24, 2009)

3 p.m.,-the jury had two more questions:

Jury Question 1-If two people are present when a child's clothes are removed from the waist down, can both be charged with a sexual assault

Crown: Mr. Justice Thomas Heeney asked the jury to clarify the question as it did not specify what, if anything, the second person was doing when the clothes were removed

Jury rephrased Question 1: If a child's clothing is removed while the child is unlawfully confined, would that constitute sexual assault?

Crown answers: Yes

Jury Question 2: jury asked the judge to clarify a point in his charge that concerned whether they could reach a verdict if they simply disbelieved some evidence that pointed towards innocence

No, Mr. Justice Heeney said: Even if they totally reject evidence that points towards someone's innocence, they still have to believe other evidence to convict.

Tori's mother, Tara McDonald, arrived on Friday carrying her two favourite photos of her daughter. Tori's father, Rodney Stafford, wore a purple tie – his daughter's favourite colour – as he walked in with his girlfriend and several relatives shortly before 9 a.m.

I think it's about 6-6 1/2 hrs when you consider lunch and breaks and also when they were watching the video for about an hour this morning. I'm hoping they come to one before 9pm tonight.

can some one tell me which video they ask to watch and how many questions they've asked please

I'm really concerned about this jury, it's that simple to me, he knew he was kidnapping and therefore 'why' would be the child found without clothes waist down (since no other evidence was produced; Derstines questions are irrelavent,just heresay & not evidence).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a.james.thornton