Verdict is IN- GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if she gets the DP there's an auto appeal to the supreme court of AZ. If she gets life, then a lawyer would have to find grounds for appeal. A lawyer can throw a lot of stuff at the appeals court trying to get a new trial, but to succeed they'd have to prove an error during the trial that directly impacted the verdict. All the reasoned legal analysis that I have heard say they are unaware of any grounds that they can see.

The defense will have to be given some credit for that. What a horrible case and defendant to be handed, but everyone is entitled to mount a defense. I think the character assassination of the victim was absolutely reprehensible but I don't think even JA can claim that she was not vigorously defended. We had a horrible case in Canada involving the rape and murder of a little girl. The defense team and the judge were routinely criticized by the public during that trial but they played a very important part in assuring that this particular conviction will never be overturned on appeal.

Are you watching? What :twocents: is he bringing today?

Sticking up for her, saying she deserves the guilty verdict but not the DP. Says a lot of people (ie him) didn't testify that could have helped her case.
Arguing with Vince Politano and Piers eventually cut both off.

I am not upset at the interviews. A lot of GREAT evidence came from JA's need to be highly public and get tons of attention. If she didn't have this extreme propensity, we wouldn't have seen Murder 1 today. She does herself in. And, personally, I believe the more she talks, the more damage she will ultimately do. And, I do understand the suicide watch. In the past, she loved herself too much to do it. BUT, in this case, I think her need for control would allow her to do it, just to prevent the state from doing it to her. She would rather kill herself than give anyone else the ability to do it to her.

Dr. Drew got schooled by a tweet...haha..."JUST LOOK AT THE AUTOPSY PICS!" I love him but I just about fell off my rolly chair when he said he felt bad for JA!

Btw.. So I think I've had trial overload 1st thing I thought of was Jodi Ann Arias sitting in her cell today when at store I heard radio playing..

Renegade Lyrics- Artist: Styx

Oh Momma, I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law
Hangman is coming down from the gallows And I don't have very long

Then on way home I switched stations & heard..

Bee Gees Stayin' Alive Lyrics'

Whether you're a brother or whether you're a mother,
You're stayin alive, stayin alive.
Feel the city breakin and everybody shakin,
And were stayin alive, stayin alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin alive, stayin alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin alive.

Life goin nowhere.somebody help me.
Somebody help me, yeah.
Life goin nowhere.somebody help me.
Somebody help me, yeah. stayin alive.

I don't think JW feels a thing for her. She may be anti-death penalty, however. Jodi had to BEG with her eyes to get Wilmott to give her a quick rub on the shoulder. She ignored Jodi every time she cried during trial. She did her job. She did it aggressively. She looks exhausted.

I give Willmont a lot of credit for even touching her for the 30 seconds that she did!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The witch has the last word, with no remorse of what she has done.

She has to have the last word, always has had the last word, and still wants it even now. The good news, she can't kill any of us for not agreeing with her, or for not listening or believing her. Remorse is not a part of her vocabulary, it never will be. The only sympathy she knows is for herself.

I see her fognesia didn't last very long after blanking out, having heard the verdict. I don't care if she is ever executed, as long as she is locked in a cell all by herself and away from everyone. That is all she deserves.

Just watched part of Fox interview...

Not an ounce of remorse. No surprise there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember the defense motion that she would never show remorse. She put make up on for the interview? Where did that come from.

She lied again because remember during the trial , I think the jury asked her if she had not got caught would she turn herself in and she paused and said she was not sure what she would do.

We know what you would do you lying BPD. You would keep trying to get away with it.

I remember VERY WELL - In fact, I think that was the glowing question and her answer. (And I've stated that here many times). I'm referring to the question from a juror to JA: "If you were not arrested, would you tell the truth about killing Travis?". JA paused for a long time and then finally answered, "I don't know how to answer that".

That was proof to me and the jurors know that she had ZERO REMORSE.

After hearing the jury's very firm "Yes" when polled individually, I'm pretty convinced they will give her the death penalty. She deserves it, IMO.

Please tell me I didn't read that one of the juror's husband spoke to the media?
The admonition is to speak to nobody about the case, and if she did what possible repercussions could this have??

I believe, and again, I may be wrong, lol, but I heard a TH talk about it, the 25 yr thing had to do with whether or not the jury finds (during this aggravation phase) that the crime was cruel. (The 25 years would be if they say "not").

Now this could all be bunk, of course, but it's what a TH said. That's never stopped them before from reporting something wrong, though! Ugh...

But really, what part of murder is not cruel? I just don't get that :banghead:

Please tell me I didn't read that one of the juror's husband spoke to the media?
The admonition is to speak to nobody about the case, and if she did what possible repercussions could this have??
Ex-juror.

So, if Jodi wants to die, I suppose she won't be asking for an appeal????

And she is still denying guilt.

Dr. Drew going to show Travis skydiving and what he would say if it was the last thing he could say after commercials.

I should have known better, that he wouldn't come on after last set of commercials.

Jenny Hunt is the person on DD who drives me crazy with her strange expressions like she has no clue half the time.

Lol I thought me was the only one that seen that today and before:floorlaugh:

Regarding Nancy Grace.

Someone criticized her for milking the death of her fiance. What makes her show unique is that she does form a bond with victims. Today she talked about what it must be like to be a mother who loses a son and I cried my eyes out because she's exactly right. All your dreams for them die with your child and the waste of a young life --there is never closure. There is just going on and you hide the times that you still cry because everyone expects you to "move on."

My son died in 1994 and if I were to tell one of my children just what I went through today with the verdict and the wine at noon, and cancelling everything I had to do and then bawling, they get mad and say things like, "You can't dwell in the past...blah, blah, get a gym membership, etc.

Nancy Grace makes me feel like there is one person in the world who is not PC and who says it like it is--she is emotional and even when she is rude, I forgive her because she is expressing my emotions of indignation at the broken legal system, sympathy for the families, and contempt for the murderers and rapists.

The other day she was gone and someone else read the tribute to an American hero. Wow--it was flat and not at all moving as her substitute just read the words. Nancy Grace FEELS like a human being would feel EVEN though she is a smart lawyer.

Sometimes emotions are looked down on--Nancy makes the viewer feel like she is calling the authorities on their BS. Yes, she goes too far and its embarrassing sometimes, but overall, I prefer her --warts and all. I love it when she says, "Beth Karas is in the courtroom--Beth what do you see, tell me everything!"

That's what I would be saying, "Don't leave anything out." Nancy gets the powerless feeling that we victim's families have and she is our advocate. She does make a difference, even if it is primarily emotional.

I LOVE it that those military deaths are honored. THat means so much to those who see other deaths given so much attention while their loved one comes home unnoticed.

I'm so sorry for your loss. You of all the people in your circle understands what today meant. And you can't explain it, you just know it's right for you. I hope today gave you what you needed, too.

Anyone accusing NG of using the worst day of her life to further her own end should first imagine being pushed down a razor blade into a vat of alcohol. Then s/he might get a glimpse into the pain you, Nancy and others like you must have experienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur