Verdict is IN- GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the THs and court observers thought that Jodi and her attorneys were having a pow-wow about the interview after the verdict yesterday. Jodi wanted to talk to the media, and her DT probably told her not to do this. Jodi did it anyway and is already manipulating the jury and the public for the next phase of the trial. :furious:

i can't wait to see how this plays out. because i'm cynical about the DT and i'm not so sure they didn't set this whole thing up----argument to be heard and reported----and all. we shall see.

Once again Jodi underestimates....she underestimated the prosecution and the jury's ability to see through her lies.

Now Jodi seems to believe that the jury will somehow hear of her death wish interview and thus will give her life instead.

This jury was smart enough to see through her lies the first time and they are certainly smart enough to realize she is playing them now.

On Greta the TH said the verdict of Premeditation with Felony was because 7 jury members believe Jodi stole Travis' gun. Is this correct? They actually believe Travis had a gun and Jodi flew up the shelves without disturbing anything and grabbed a gun?

Felony burglary. She entered his home with the intention of committing a crime. Burglary does not always involve theft, surprisingly.

Good morning, frenns!

After a short period of a 'high' after the verdict was read, I suddenly got really sad and tired. My husband said it was probably emotional exhaustion after everything we've gone through these months.

I tried to get to bed early but I couldn't sleep. So, now I'm tired and crabby. Anyone else or am I just a freak? :sigh:

I don't think they thought that. Juan said some mumbo jumbo about once Jodi stabbed Travis, she was not invited into his home, I didn't follow all of it. Or they could have thought --like I did but I think I was wrong - that she stole the grandfather's gun and that was the felony.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge about it will clear it up for the two of us. :seeya:

I got the impression the felony murder charge was directed to any juror who didn't buy premeditation, which was none as it turned out.

It's one of their early tunes, and a really good one. But, it should fit your mood at the moment if nothing else.

Sleuth, I loved it! I found it on Youtube and did my pentobarbital drip dance to it (similar to a rain dance but more about death...lol). Much wine had been had by this point...lol. :rockon::rockon::rockon:

She will never stop trashing Travis, ever. Now it is all his fault that she has been convicted, as well as his family's fault. The family would not play lets make a deal so now her conviction is, in her scrambled brain, their fault. I predict she will co-pen a book with ALV.

I do wonder what evidence she thinks that Mr. Martinez hid though. Probably still ticked off about her fake pedo letters. Remorse - or any true feeling for that matter that relates to someone other than herself, simply does not exist in her little world. But yeah, if this jury votes death - they should be given the opportunity to view the murderer's post conviction (that sounds so good !) interview if JM doesn't play it for them in the mitigation phase.

I hope she does! I heard one of the lawyers yesterday saying that although there is a Son of Sam Law in Arizona, by Travis' family filing a civil suit - It will ensure that they get any proceeds of any money she makes!

Once again Jodi underestimates....she underestimated the prosecution and the jury's ability to see through her lies.

Now Jodi seems to believe that the jury will somehow hear of her death wish interview and thus will give her life instead.

This jury was smart enough to see through her lies the first time and they are certainly smart enough to realize she is playing them now.

She honestly will twist it to where she wins either way.

Aren't they still under admonishment? :waitasec: I think the judge said they were yesterday. Hopefully they didn't see it!

I mean this figuratively. Jodi lost some control of her circumstances with the GUILTY verdict and is determined to let everyone know that she is still in charge. She will continue to manipulate everyone associated with the case. :moo:

Good Morning my dear WS buddies...I just want to say that this jury (should we say The Phoenix 12) is the epitome of Lady Justice! This jury got it! They will have what the Pinellas 12 wanted but will never have...moo :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I really think the "pinellas 12 " taught everyone a lesson. If nothing else good came out of the CA fiasco, maybe ...I don't know... Or maybe the "Phoenix 12" just had a few more brain cells.

And also, good morning folks! Last night when I left Jodi was still manipulative, Katie DDD and Juan were in love...Grandma Arias had found religion, risen from her wheelchair and walked and I was out for blood. Am I all caught up to speed?

I want to know what happened there too!
In fact there are a few things I want to know.
AHEM.
  1. The letters. I really want to know the truth behind the pedo letters.
  2. The letter to Ryan. I want to read that.
  3. Did the EVIL come off JA in waves like I think it did.
  4. Those sidebars.
  5. What really happened with the excused jurors.

That will do for now.:blushing:

I want to know what went down with ALV in all those chamber meetings!

On Greta the TH said the verdict of Premeditation with Felony was because 7 jury members believe Jodi stole Travis' gun. Is this correct? They actually believe Travis had a gun and Jodi flew up the shelves without disturbing anything and grabbed a gun?

A TH saying something does not make it true.

However, it is true that 7 members of the jury believe this was felony murder--their reasons for believing so, we do not know yet. It could be that because the gun was never found, they do not want to assume that Jodi brought a gun with her. Or it could be they see felony murder for another reason altogether.

The defense put forth that crazy gun on the shelf scenario solely to impart reasonable doubt about Jodi bringing a gun with her because if she brought a weapon it points to premeditation but if she used a weapon that was there and handy, it might cast some doubt on the premeditation. And Juan in his infinite wisdom knows that in any group of people there will be skeptics...people who want things cut and dried and if they can't get that they will always have some doubt about what is fact.

Juan's speaking of a gun in the closet was solely to get to any jurors who might want to consider that it could have been Travis' gun. Greta turned it around to be something else, which I didn't like at all because she is usually far more astute than that, IMO.

Just remember that ALL the jurors voted yes on premeditation, even those who voted yes on the felony murder charge. Meaning they believe that even if it was not proven that Jodi brought a gun with her, it was proven that she did enough other stuff that shows premeditation.

Good morning, frenns!

After a short period of a 'high' after the verdict was read, I suddenly got really sad and tired. My husband said it was probably emotional exhaustion after everything we've gone through these months.

I tried to get to bed early but I couldn't sleep. So, now I'm tired and crabby. Anyone else or am I just a freak? :sigh:

i was hoping to sleep better myself. her interview pissed me off so much i didn't. i had to remind myself the HARD part is over.

it's all gravy from here on out---no matter what she does. she's cooked.

Hey everyone, Good Morning :) What a beautiful morning here in Arizona. The sky is a beautiful blue, with some fluffy white clouds, and the sun is shining. Well, I do not believe the killer when she says she would rather have death then life. NO, not for a second! She still thinks she can fool the jury.

I want to know what happened there too!
In fact there are a few things I want to know.

AHEM.
  1. The letters. I really want to know the truth behind the pedo letters.
  2. The letter to Ryan. I want to read that.
  3. Did the EVIL come off JA in waves like I think it did.
  4. Those sidebars.
  5. What really happened with the excused jurors.
That will do for now.:blushing:

6. JA's 18 page opus to TA's family.
7. Everything re ALV in chambers
8. Everything re MM "who you claimed would never betray you"

I lost it in all the post - verdict goodness, but what happens now? More live streaming to watch?
I have to pack and clean and work and cheerbrat has open house tonight.

i can't wait to see how this plays out. because i'm cynical about the DT and i'm not so sure they didn't set this whole thing up----argument to be heard and reported----and all. we shall see.

The reporter said last night KN and JW knew nothing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine