Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm completely disgusted! He talks about her having done a horrible thing?? What an understatement! Having an affair (for example) would be a 'horrible' thing. Butchering someone is just a 'horrible' thing? What? And he talked about the 'hate' she's getting? He really does sympathize with her and the family.

Why did he not talk about Travis? Mentioning his family (along side JA's family!) is ok but what about TRAVIS? Why not take the opportunity to say something good about him? About how sorry it is that his life was cut short? Is it normal to pity the criminal and not the victim??

My heart aches and my stomach burns!

How does he know what hate she's getting if he is following the admonition all through the trial?

I am glad he isn't getting to make this decision, isn't going to be the foreman. So glad we have another chance at justice for Travis.

Everyone, get down on your knees and thank God (or the earth, sun, universe, whatever) that this jury came back with a premeditated murder conviction. With the kind of foreman they had I'm shocked we got the right verdict! I have nothing bad to say about juror #5, 8 and 17.

BBM: You are so right, rose ! The more I hear him talk, the more I :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I want to hear from the dismissed jurors now ... I am starting to wonder about some things here ...

MOO !

Doubt that is why she cried. She rarely bothered to make eye contact with them for 4 months, why care now? If her tears- about which I could care less- were about her family at all, they were great big tears for her victimhood. Jodi only cries for Jodi.

I think she was crying because she knew that if the verdict was death, she would be transported to prison on THAT day. She is used to her little life in jail and has adjusted to it. But prison is an unknown for her.

Her relief is two fold. 1. She gets to stay in the comfort of the familiar jail setting for a little while longer, and 2. She has more time to try to think of ways in which to get Life with the possiblility of parole (won't happen, but until she will cling to it until she can't cling anymore.)

Anyway, that is my opinion

Foreman criticized the prosecutor, mitigated premeditated murder, trashed Travis' name and verbalized Alyce's talking points....did I miss anything?

Obviously, I can't see the future or anything, but I think the probability of JA getting her ΑΣΣ kicked in prison is VERY high.
Methinks the other cons are not going to take kindly to the CM correcting their grammar.

I hope jodi gets her arias kicked every day and twice on Sunday!!!:jail:

Last night I said I thought Ponytail was one of the hold outs for the DP. Today, I think he was so pizzed off at the other jurors, that he couldn't bring himself to get on the bus with them. Just wanted to put that out there, and correct my thinking from last night.

Is 'Ponytail' also known as 'Marlboro Man'? If so, Wild About Trial posted on his twitter yesterday that he saw him walking to court yesterday:

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 23 May

Hwhile driving hwild saw the marlboro man juror walking all the way back from 16st and washington. Bout 6 more miles to go man! #JodiArias

respectfully snipped for length.
On a lighter note, (joking) maybe Jodi's parents were at the Grand Canyon trying to recover grandpa's gun. That might be more important than going back to court to hear the verdict. At least they wouldn't be followed since everyone would assume they would be at court.

Speculation only: What if JA wasn't crying at all. What if she was faking sadness over family not being there for our eyes, but actually knew they (D also?) were off retrieving grampa's gun, etc. out on 93 which btw can take you to either Hoover Dam or Grand Canyon... Both are approx. 3hrs+ ea from Phoenix.

I'm totally speculating. We're taking visiting family on the "dam tour" over the weekend and I think it's got me playing Nancy Drew again.

Forced .. no one forced her and she didnt "snap" ... she planned this, enjoyed the planning and went to great measures to kill him according to her plan.

It is now proven by a court of law, convicted and cruel.

The words of that foreman have me jazzed up, she deserved no empathy. NONE.

Kathy

GanglyD Gangly Dwarf 9m @DejavuGypsy @XenobiaO Well-hidden in another rental car. Even Det Flores suspected #JodiArias may be serial killer. pic.twitter.com/IJY0fA0uhT

At the end, he starts to say "I'm proud of my jury" and corrects to "I'm proud of my peers". Yep. He was the foreman all right and he voted Life.

moo

PP so glad you said that...I have watched his appearance numerous times and I do believe he voted for life and I do believe he was 'in charge.' He allowed his emotions to decide, not the evidence I will go further to say I believe he was not open to others showing him, or the other 3, the evidence and why she deserves the DP. JMO

We may see an entirely different Jodi after almost two months of total confinement. Just the thought that this will be as good as it gets in her lifetime could drive her right over the edge.

Jodi looks have already changed. I thought in court she did not look pretty (yes, I thought she was pretty, pains me to say it), because they wanted to play down her looks, but in her interviews she had on makeup and she does not look pretty . moo

I don't think the jurors realized if they hung on this phase that a new jury would be picked. Maybe they thought if they couldn't decide the judge would just sentence
LWOP

If true, I find that obsene. They should have been told. I know they tried, but what a great big pass if they thought they could just pass it off to the judge. Good grief. Didn't AZ choose not that long ago to take the decision away from judges and give it to juries?

I wonder if the foreman is getting the smack-down from his wife.:please:

What got me was when he said "we" don't know what was going on. Did it go over his head that there were cameras in the courtroom? Buddy, we know a lot more than you do! We heard everything you heard, and more. Since he can go on national TV and criticize the public, I think I have every right to criticize him here.

BBM: Exactly ... and this foreman deserves every single piece of criticism he gets !

It's obvious this foreman has NO CLUE about the REAL JODI ARIAS, and it's obvious he did not go to the news or internet last night to find about the REAL JODI ARIAS ...

But even if he did, he is far too arrogant to acknowledge he made a HUGE MISTAKE !

It's quite obvious he has "something" for the convicted murderer and NOTHING for Travis and the Alexander Family :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I hope he never has another peaceful night's sleep again for what he did to Travis and his Family !

MOO !

Is 'Ponytail' also known as 'Marlboro Man'? If so, Wild About Trial posted on his twitter yesterday that he saw him walking to court yesterday:

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 23 May

Hwhile driving hwild saw the marlboro man juror walking all the way back from 16st and washington. Bout 6 more miles to go man! #JodiArias
I agree with you completely! I read a few posts when I was at work *cough*. If the guy didn't have a car, why would he want to go on a bus presumably to where the other jurors' cars were and potentially have to walk further? It's also possible other media saw him but never mentioned him walking to the court each day so it's only now that the case is over, there's more of a spotlight on that (apart from hWild's tweet that morning!)

Prison management knows that she presents a target because of her arrogance and the fact that she would never submit to the order of the prison gang system. She will always be in protective closed custody, which is the same as the death row 23 hours a day in solitary.

Don't fool yourself. If someone with any juice in that place wants her dead, she's dead. If someone wants her dead and can trade something with someone who's got juice, she's dead. She could be in PC for 24 hours a day and it wouldn't matter.

Originally Posted by rose222
The other part of the interview with the foreman that I hadn't seen before. I'm madder than I've ever been! She is a human. She did something horrible but why did she do it?'

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2407451853001

It does sound like he is defending her almost. I agree horrible is is not the same as what the murderer did .."we are talking about a human here" YES WE ARE ..Travis Alexander who will always be 30..a family that their loved one will never be with them again.. This guy ooooooooooo. I guess we better thank the Lord above we got a guilty of 1st degree.

He does sound more sided with the defense..it doesnt make sense .. A M1 conviction...and he sounds so sympathetic to the murderer?

Gosh..we should feel really greatfull for the conviction! He almost sounds like one of the P12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver