Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had been on the jury, Jodi's BPD combined with the way things went down between her and Travis would have been enough for me to go with LWOP. From a practical perspective, I would have pushed for consensus on either LWOP or DP just to reach a verdict.

No clue....he disgusts me. Talking about dealing with a human...Jodi. What was Travis to him?? A used car part??? :banghead:

Re the foreman, a word that JA would love comes to mind - sanctimonious.

Jeffrey Dahmer confessed to his crimes fully. Angela Simpson admits to her crimes here and admits straight up no remorse.

Not like CMJA.

She is seriously effed up when a stone cold killer is a better person than she is.

THIS woman makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up straight. CMJA annoys me like a fly. If CMJA encounters this woman, CMJA is good as dead.

Crazy as it may sound, I respect Angela and her honesty! Angie wont take too kindly to Jodi's lies! ;-)

I wonder if any juror has started looking things up on the internet.....they may need to totally disconnect from the trial, though.

If it was me, I'd have been googling the minute I got home......but I'm like that.

I don't think the jurors realized if they hung on this phase that a new jury would be picked. Maybe they thought if they couldn't decide the judge would just sentence
LWOP

That is exactly what I thought would happen. The law in Arizona changed some 8 months ago. Before that the Judge would have the final decision, but because of some case a new law was in effect, changing that law (at least that is what I heard) perhaps someone knows what I am talking about.

Now a mistrial is called , new penalty phase if still hung then the Judge makes the final judgement.

Regardless, the jury specifically asked that question the day before, Right????

....and yes maybe he did think Travis was just used car parts--after all he is the "LOCAL" Car Guru of the Arizona Republic. So pretty smug for a used car salesman??

If I had been on the jury, Jodi's BPD combined with the way things went down between her and Travis would have been enough for me to go with LWOP. From a practical perspective, I would have pushed for consensus on either LWOP or DP just to reach a verdict.

Exactly. Me too.

I am still trying to adjust to the outcome of this trial. Juries scare me because people scare me. I cannot comprehend the pain and hurt that the Alexander family feels.
No telling how this trial has hurt them financially. I do think that Jodi became a human to the jury because of the ridiculous amount of time spent on this trial. I think the pictures of Travis' slaughtering need to be displayed more frequently in the next go around.

Just watched all of the interviews with the foreman. How in the world did JM miss this guy during voir dire? He voted life- I bet my house, my car and my Jack Russell Terrier on it.

Holy crap on a cracker. :facepalm:

Wait, what? "We were horrified when we found out that they had declared it a mistrial..."
They didn't know?

That's the part about jurors....I can't stand.

I'd venture to guess the vast amount of US residents have no flipping idea how the justice system works, the roles of the state, role of the defense and the the latitude they are given to do their job. Face it. Most Americans are ignorant. The foremen didn't understand his role nor what deliberation means! He was clueless...MOTIVE doesn't have anything to do with his job!

Why? Wasn't it on the list of 1000 places to see?

Is there really any confirmation that they were really in the Grand Canyon, seems like it is just speculation that snowballed here? I know they said sightseeing.....but where?

It has to be a rumor, and I think it was one that was pointed out as such by Wild About Trial.

The Grand Canyon is three and a half hours from Phoenix.

Jury Foreman found pre med due to the MO of emotional abuse. CM was so tormented over the things TA said (in my opinion - the jury foreman perceived this) to her that she concocted a grand scheme to murder him, it was especially cruel but this juror found that emotional abuse as an adult was the mitigating factor and chose life for the CM.

all MOO

What a crap shoot it was of this jury. Sounds like #8 and #17 would have voted DP. Mr Foreman could just as easily have not been there if his number hadn't been drawn. Yep, at this point I' m very curious to hear from 2tone and the 2 alternates who haven't spoken up..

BBM

As someone who has it, I'm curious about why you say so, Mrs. G.

Hey did we get confirmation on which members of Jodi's family went on the tour to the Grand Canyon? Sandi's word they were in town isn't enough for me ..

Cold beverages and canapés are being served in the IRC chat room.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
to join java chat click below

http://www.serenity-irc.net/java/index.php

put nickname in

put websleuths in for the channel name

for Mirc Users:

open MIRC window

go to file

select server

go to Serenity IRC (hilight)

select random

then hit select on the right side

If you have chat saved to favorites delete them or they will go to old server

type in # websleuths for channel name then hit join

I think anagrammy is probably right that JA's notoriety makes her a high-value target, so she'll be segregated for her own protection at Perryville, like child rapists are. I envision it as worse than death row - confined alone all day but with truly venal and/or audibly mentally ill next door neighbors, howling at the moon 24/7. No media access allowed. Maybe forced to work for pennies alongside the other segregatees. At least I hope that's what she'll face.

When it gets real for her and her time has run out at Estrella, she will start to manipulate and spin webs like a spider again. She will use those inmates left who still worship her to help pave her way at Perryville.

She knows she's going to have to step carefully so she gets that balance just right between deference/respect and obsequious.

Her fear will be palpable and fear smells really bad.

She will learn the hard way.

Can't say I'll lose any sleep over it.

Now a mistrial is called , new penalty phase if still hung then the Judge makes the final judgement.

Regardless, the jury specifically asked that question the day before, Right????

....and yes maybe he did think Travis was just used car parts--after all he is the "LOCAL" Car Guru of the Arizona Republic. So pretty smug for a used car salesman??

SBM. So perhaps 'that' question was all about wanting to know what happens if they can't come to a decision ie would JSS then sentence the CM? (Or not that they knew it but would another jury be brought in for the penalty.) Perhaps this was part of their written question....

Don't fool yourself. If someone with any juice in that place wants her dead, she's dead. If someone wants her dead and can trade something with someone who's got juice, she's dead. She could be in PC for 24 hours a day and it wouldn't matter.

I would like to think that cmja, will have a realization that she shouldnt have lied about DV, because she will certainly know what it is when she gets there. She may even wish she wasnt on so many news outlets. There will be a new class of prisoners by the time she gets there that will know about this case, new prisoners trying to bump their way up...She may even want to waive appeals again to get it over with...

one can dream...:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member