Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beth said she's been in communication with the Alexander family and "there will be no deal, death will not be taken off the table" and this is going to be a retrial.
Jason Lamm said the family does get input under AZ constitution but the final decision is with the elected officials.

RE, Angela Simpson: I am kind of confused as to why people think that there is a chance that she would do something to Jodi. Angela is a cold blooded killer that told a reporter, and I quote "...everybody has a reason to kill." If anything, to me the odds are that Angela would probably be accepting of Jodi and her "I HAD to kill Travis" mentality.

Unfortunately, from every bit of readings I have done on women in prison vs men in prison, the atmosphere is very, very different. Notoriety in a men's prison can be very dangerous. In a women's prison it's the opposite. Susan smith has done very well in prison, for example. Think of the most awful, agregious crime you can imagine, then research how that woman is doing in prison. Many times (christa pike in TN, Susan smith in sc, or the Manson "girls" for example) all are very "successful" and popular in prison.

All the popular conceptions regarding fellow prisoners attitudes are based on male prisons. (Such as Dahmers fate, or attacks on Manson)

Sorry. Jodi is a natural for lwp. She'll adapt wonderfully :(

Yes, this is the drum I have been beating since I watched his interview on GMA.

He seemingly could set aside the anguish of the Alexander's but not so much that itty bitty woman who slaughtered their brother and son.

Got it. Wow.

Wow, is right. I think I'm suffering some cognitive dissonance just hearing that. I can't quite wrap my mind around it after everything we've seen and heard in this case.

Jeffrey Dahmer confessed to his crimes fully. Angela Simpson admits to her crimes here and admits straight up no remorse.

Not like CMJA.

She is seriously effed up when a stone cold killer is a better person than she is.

THIS woman makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up straight. CMJA annoys me like a fly. If CMJA encounters this woman, CMJA is good as dead.

I'm not just picking your post specifically to quote but last one read on this subject of CMCHJA being 'scared straight' in Perryville..

IDK Folks... This is the women that used the word J!zz (and other slang terms for body fluids & the emission of them) so quickly in testimony, who said about sister in her mitagation soliloquy "tie the knot", who did a head/neck swivel indicating Ryan Owens from ABC was a 'Hater'..

Now with that being said.. It'll be a shock when she hits GP there's not a branch of her fan club just waiting for her.. BUT I'm betting (if she keeps mouth shut & lives) within lets say 2 years into GP she'll have prison tats & all.. But I do agree with previous posts she'll have to w/out Clariol Hair Dye in prison lean on her father's background when "pick'n teams" in the yard!

I'm in danger of getting a TO if I start to type what I'm thinking about this foreman.
*sigh*
I'll get over it. Sitting on hands.

Isn't it not ok to sleuth jurors, though? We don't want to be the ones to make it easy for the pitchforks and torches.

Well, you're a brave soul:)

When it comes to the BPD, I'm not so forgiving. I DO have a lot of empathy for people struggling with these disorders, but the question for me is whether she knew it was wrong and could she conform her actions to the law, and I have to say, yes.

As far as she and Travis, I think he cared a whole lot more for her than was presented in court.

Yes, he really cared for her. He just didn't want to marry her. He absolutely cared for her and that's why he was so enraged by whatever she did to "betray" him and "scam" him.

The indignities he tolerated from her (lack of privacy, break ins, intrusions, etc) for so long because he was a decent person and decent people care.

People think the opposite of love is hate but it isn't. It's indifference.

He cared.

Mr William Zervakos, seems like you are digging the spotlight something fierce. So were you too emotionally exhausted to finish the job? Is that what you were ultimately saying?

I feel like you failed too, fwiw. I feel like you didnt finish this job and you owed Travis a completed trial. With a verdict of some kind during the penalty phase. I really do.

Gosh, he was the forman. Was he self appointed. Love to know how he became the forman. moo

BBM: I have no doubt whatsoever that he took CONTROL ... what an arrogant, narcissistic ... la la la la la la la la la la

:seeya:

Beth was saying on HLN that she spoke with a friend of hers from LA who was in the DA's office and on the committee that decides death penalty cases. He told her they seek the DP in about 12% of eligible cases and the Arias case would not have been a capital case in Los Angeles.

Well that is about the lest shocking thing I have heard. Californians against the death penalty? You don't say.....:floorlaugh:

I don't think her peers will appreciate Jodi.

I think Jodi will be in the same place as this chick. I don't get the impression jodi would be welcomed with open arms.

Cold Blooded Woman Angela Simpson Interview After Getting Life In Prison! - YouTube

What's so sick, is that I like this convicted murderer after dissecting and enduring all of JA's baloney for months... This inmate's honesty is refreshing, somehow. She even said justice would have been for her to get DP, very matter-of-factly. Only thing is, she said jail was so horrible, she was looking forward to prison. I don't think she knew what to expect there either

Jury Foreman found pre med due to the MO of emotional abuse. CM was so tormented over the things TA said (in my opinion - the jury foreman perceived this) to her that she concocted a grand scheme to murder him, it was especially cruel but this juror found that emotional abuse as an adult was the mitigating factor and chose life for the CM.

all MOO

i think you're right. i just have a problem with the fact that he believes there was emotional abuse, based on one texting session.

I don't think the jurors realized if they hung on this phase that a new jury would be picked. Maybe they thought if they couldn't decide the judge would just sentence
LWOP

I asked this exact question about the jurors yesterday...

I really want to find the answer to this...

Were they instructed a new jury would be seated or not?

Jodi's sister posted on FB from the Grand Canyon yesterday. She was with her mother and others.

Donovan was peeved on the NG show last night- she said the whole family was available all day and were never notified there was a verdict.
NG had been nice to her up till then.... :floorlaugh:

Geeez, what happened to all of those "I just LOVE this jury" and "These jurors are SO smart" comments of about a week ago...? :facepalm:

Well, they wasted no time in finding It guilty and then finding the extreme cruelty. It was safe to say that they really did "get" it. So when they hung yesterday it surprised and disappointed many people, especially the family of Travis who have gone through hell and waited for YEARS now to get justice.

Is it so shocking to you that people are upset with the jury hanging especially in light of comments the foreperson has made regarding people on the jury buying the "abuse" allegations Jodi made against Travis? I think people have a right to be upset because the evidence against CMja is abundant and it really should have been cut and dry as far as the DP goes IF they had followed the law and weighed the mitigators (non-existent almost) and aggravators (huge imo) So to throw out smarmy comments about people reacting how they are to the jury is uncalled for. jmo and all that.

Geeez, what happened to all of those "I just LOVE this jury" and "These jurors are SO smart" comments of about a week ago...? :facepalm:

I still have great respect for the jury for getting as far as they did in a trial that went much longer than they could possibly have expected. Listening day in day out attentively, not being able to share your thoughts immediately, waiting around, more waiting around clearly took its toll but they did deliver a M1 and especially cruel verdict.

However just because I think all of the above doesn't mean I can't speak openly about my thoughts about what the foreman side. Questioning his comments, not him as a person.

From WS trial watchers...

9.Willy-Old hippy with long white ponytail, thin, small build.
This guy looked PIZZED the whole time. He seemed to be staring towards the media lady or just into the corner. I only saw him look at JM or JA maybe once.

17.Pony Tail-Young girl, ALTERNATE pony tail, plain, pony tail and sweats.
I called her frumpy lady. Not in a rude way... it's just the word that came to mind. Very plain. She took a lot of notes.

Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase - Page 75 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

My ex-DH was incarcerated in the San Juan Facility at Perryville from 1983-88. (I divorced him in 1985) It was a med/min facility then. San Juan was medium. You can look his Prison Id #37426 in the ADOC inmate data search. This was the last time he was incarcerated in Az, his previous incarcerations at Ft. Grant and Florence are not listed because their data base doesn't go that far back for repeat offenders. He went on to be incarcerated in California at Folsum, Solidad, and San Quentin. He was looking at a 3rd strike on his last offense, but San Jose, Cali. LE had beaten him so incredibly during his arrest (an illegal search when he was walking in the park) that they feared a lawsuit and cut him loose. They shattered the entire side of his face and his hip, among other things.

I have no sympathy for him. You reap what you sow. I was a stupid naive 17 year old who had never been exposed to the "Dark Side", and had known him from the time I was 6. He was a Marine with an honorable discharge. His sister was taken in by my folks as a foster for 7 years.

He became addicted to morphine while serving, guarded the medical tent. He was also on body bag duty, the planes would come in state, off load the dead, and he was one of those who had to inventory the body bag and compare the weight of the contents from where it came from to it's destiny. He also became a part of the military group that was portrayed in the movie "American Gangster". (I will NOT discuss the liberties or omissions that the movie misrepresented) When discharged he became a heroin addict, he was a member of the Old Mexican Mafia and the Nuestra Familia, 2 rival Ariz/Calif gangs, only because his brother in law, George Solano was a top dog in the NF in Cali. Both gangs were "blood in, blood out".

I can promise you all, that CMja will not make it in prison. Perryville was hard when my ex was in there. The guards will look away, rather then insert themselves in the middle of something. I personally "witnessed" an inmate RAPE his girlfriend on a picnic bench while there for a visitation one evening. She was screaming for help, and the guards turned their backs. I was strip searched on one visitation, with no exclamation, when showing up for another visit. Seems my ex had a scam going on and there were "gals" bringing in drugs to him. When he tried to assault me that evening during visitation, I ran to the sally port and the guards opened it up for me, closing it just as he got to it. One of the guards who took me back to the main entrance on the bus, gave me the low down.

He told me I did not belong in this environment, I was different than all the other women coming to see their husbands, and boyfriends. Everyone who was incarcerated in prison found "Jesus", it was just all part of the game while the inmates con their loved ones into bringing contraband into the prison and put money on their books. He told me I deserved and should demand better of myself. I was educated, I worked, I had a 2 year old daughter. My ex was being investigated for the murder of a top MM down in Florence, evidently "kites" had been found in his possession and eluded to the hit being orchestrated. The guard told me to get the hell out of there and never turn back.

Perryville is much worse now. It is a medium/maximum facility. These inmates have nothing but time on their hands to devise new ways of making weapons. Newspaper can be made into a shiv, a light bulb can be used to create an inferno in a cell, hooch can be made toxic to it's intended victim. No matter where you are placed, SOMEONE can always get to you, even in PC or solitary confinement.

CMja has no "Game", she has no affiliation, she's from Cali, and has no family in prison.

Like I said before, she is toast.

That being said, any talk about CMja having a cushy life in prison or getting less than Life (with or without parole) or DP should just be dropped. She will experience Hell on Earth. I can guarantee it. And that's not my opinion, it's the facts.

What's so sick, is that I like this convicted murderer after dissecting and enduring all of JA's baloney for months... This inmate's honesty is refreshing, somehow. She even said justice would have been for her to get DP, very matter-of-factly. Only thing is, she said jail was so horrible, she was looking forward to prison. I don't think she knew what to expect there either

It's completely understandable. I must be a sicko too, because I totally agree with you. There was no artifice, no equivocation and no attempt to skirt the truth.

Angela Simpson is a cold blooded murderer without remorse. Period. That being said, she 100% owned what she did. I have a begrudging respect for that. I didn't have the same burning contempt that I did watching JA for the last 5 months.

Don't get me wrong, I would give AS the needle too, but I didn't loathe her the way I loathe the other lunatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela