Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PP so glad you said that...I have watched his appearance numerous times and I do believe he voted for life and I do believe he was 'in charge.' He allowed his emotions to decide, not the evidence I will go further to say I believe he was not open to others showing him, or the other 3, the evidence and why she deserves the DP. JMO

I would LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to hear what Janine Driver thinks of his speech patterns & body language.. Wonder if she'll be on Dr Drew tonight??

I asked this exact question about the jurors yesterday...

I really want to find the answer to this...

Were they instructed a new jury would be seated or not?

When they asked 'what happens if we can't agree on a verdict' surely someone told them....?

i think you're right. i just have a problem with the fact that he believes there was emotional abuse, based on one texting session.

Me too, Kscornfed, me too...:facepalm:

Wow, is right. I think I'm suffering some cognitive dissonance just hearing that. I can't quite wrap my mind around it after everything we've seen and heard in this case.

...And his comment about people out there not knowing what "we" (the jury) know...Talk about arrogant. Did he not see that the entire trial was being televised live? Has he no understanding that they (the jury) are being shown and have access to LESS information than the public???

Maybe they should do basic "jury/law training" for people to be able to sit on jury's???

I don't for a nano second trust JSS to give Jodi LWOP. Her "emotional" pause yesterday was for JW and Jodi. The look of pure adoration on the face of the killer and the smile of gratitude from JW sealed it for me. From the 1st day I started watching this trial, the obvious bias towards JW from JSS was crystal clear to me.

Thanks to the 8 jurors who didn't cave. At least you fought for justice. For Travis.

Actually, I think it's the exact opposite. Not towards JW, but certainly JSS must have great disdain for CMJA. I cannot wait until sentencing when she can hopefully unleash on her and put her in her place.

I am wondering why the jury was only exposed to that one text session....there were something like 80,000 texts and emails between them....I hope next time all of them are put in evidence to show that was the only one that Travis used 'abusive' words to her. And I still can't figure out why the jury didn't question what was Travis so upset about? What did she do to him that upset him so much? And they believe her that Travis invited her to his home on June 4th..no evidence, just her word and she was a proven liar. So many why's with no answers.

he believes TA invited her????????????

this is the biggest problem-----that he believes ANYTHING she said. how much sense does that make?

Well that is about the lest shocking thing I have heard. Californians against the death penalty? You don't say.....:floorlaugh:

I've seen plenty of DP trials in California. Westerfield. Peterson. Brandon Wilson

Geeez, what happened to all of those "I just LOVE this jury" and "These jurors are SO smart" comments of about a week ago...? :facepalm:

Because the Jury Foreman had not been outed as of then .... Don't get me wrong I am grateful they voted Guilty ...and with that said I never commented on my feelings about jury before now ..I know others have and thats ok cause the Jury did have it right on the verdict ..

Geeez, what happened to all of those "I just LOVE this jury" and "These jurors are SO smart" comments of about a week ago...? :facepalm:

lol! Yeah, I know. I'd probably still be sticking up for them, but that one guy has got to pipe down. The juror with the long ponytail had the right idea: "No comment."

...And his comment about people out there not knowing what "we" (the jury) know...Talk about arrogant. Did he not see that the entire trial was being televised live? Has he no understanding that they (the jury) are being shown and have access to LESS information than the public???

Maybe they should do basic "jury/law training" for people to be able to sit on jury's???

where, where? Is this juror 18? or is this a new interview? Links please, I just got on here, TIA!

My ex-DH was incarcerated in the San Juan Facility at Perryville from 1983-88. (I divorced him in 1985) It was a med/min facility then. San Juan was medium. You can look his Prison Id #37426 in the ADOC inmate data search. This was the last time he was incarcerated in Az, his previous incarcerations at Ft. Grant and Florence are not listed because their data base doesn't go that far back for repeat offenders. He went on to be incarcerated in California at Folsum, Solidad, and San Quentin. He was looking at a 3rd strike on his last offense, but San Jose, Cali. LE had beaten him so incredibly during his arrest (an illegal search when he was walking in the park) that they feared a lawsuit and cut him loose. They shattered the entire side of his face and his hip, among other things.

I have no sympathy for him. You reap what you sow. I was a stupid naive 17 year old who had never been exposed to the "Dark Side", and had known him from the time I was 6. He was a Marine with an honorable discharge. His sister was taken in by my folks as a foster for 7 years.

He became addicted to morphine while serving, guarded the medical tent. He was also on body bag duty, the planes would come in state, off load the dead, and he was one of those who had to inventory the body bag and compare the weight of the contents from where it came from to it's destiny. He also became a part of the military group that was portrayed in the movie "American Gangster". (I will NOT discuss the liberties or omissions that the movie misrepresented) When discharged he became a heroin addict, he was a member of the Old Mexican Mafia and the Nuestra Familia, 2 rival Ariz/Calif gangs, only because his brother in law, George Solano was a top dog in the NF in Cali. Both gangs were "blood in, blood out".

I can promise you all, that CMja will not make it in prison. Perryville was hard when my ex was in there. The guards will look away, rather then insert themselves in the middle of something. I personally "witnessed" an inmate RAPE his girlfriend on a picnic bench while there for a visitation one evening. She was screaming for help, and the guards turned their backs. I was strip searched on one visitation, with no exclamation, when showing up for another visit. Seems my ex had a scam going on and there were "gals" bringing in drugs to him. When he tried to assault me that evening during visitation, I ran to the sally port and the guards opened it up for me, closing it just as he got to it. One of the guards who took me back to the main entrance on the bus, gave me the low down.

He told me I did not belong in this environment, I was different than all the other women coming to see their husbands, and boyfriends. Everyone who was incarcerated in prison found "Jesus", it was just all part of the game while the inmates con their loved ones into bringing contraband into the prison and put money on their books. He told me I deserved and should demand better of myself. I was educated, I worked, I had a 2 year old daughter. My ex was being investigated for the murder of a top MM down in Florence, evidently "kites" had been found in his possession and eluded to the hit being orchestrated. The guard told me to get the hell out of there and never turn back.

Perryville is much worse now. It is a medium/maximum facility. These inmates have nothing but time on their hands to devise new ways of making weapons. Newspaper can be made into a shiv, a light bulb can be used to create an inferno in a cell, hooch can be made toxic to it's intended victim. No matter where you are placed, SOMEONE can always get to you, even in PC or solitary confinement.

CMja has no "Game", she has no affiliation, she's from Cali, and has no family in prison.

Like I said before, she is toast.

That being said, any talk about CMja having a cushy life in prison or getting less than Life (with or without parole) or DP should just be dropped. She will experience Hell on Earth. I can guarantee it. And that's not my opinion, it's the facts.

Thank you.

Yes, he really cared for her. He just didn't want to marry her. He absolutely cared for her and that's why he was so enraged by whatever she did to "betray" him and "scam" him.

The indignities he tolerated from her (lack of privacy, break ins, intrusions, etc) for so long because he was a decent person and decent people care.

People think the opposite of love is hate but it isn't. It's indifference.

He cared.
Travis was thinking like a normal person while JA was thinking like a sociopath. A sociopath will do whatever it takes to engage you...Travis had some idea who she was...but not really. Obviously, not until it was too late. I can only imagine the kinds of things JA did/said to get Travis that riled up. I've been there. Sociopaths will say and do the most incredibly horrible things...and when they see they have "upset" you, they smile. JA is still smiling. She has done everything she has set out to do. Trashing Travis was no accident. She reveled in it. She enjoyed hurting his family because she sees them as an extension of him. Death is too kind for her.

I asked this exact question about the jurors yesterday...

I really want to find the answer to this...

Were they instructed a new jury would be seated or not?

I did not hear it in their instructions. I am not sure if they are allowed to consider at all what happens if they do not come to unanimous decision

Ditto. I too now feel free to criticize HIM.

He's darn lucky I wasn't on that jury. That not deliberating crap and investigating motive would have gotten him tossed.

That is why it is called........(wait for it)........

DELIBERATIONS!!!!!!

8 to 4. They sit there until they figure it out. They only way this didn't happen was that some people straight up LIED that they could and would be able to sentence the Death Penalty.

JA 20 years from now (age progression software)

774140342.jpg

She is going to need a lot of makeup!

I have a question... what do you peeps think about it's family not being there yesterday?

I guess I'm just mean because I could not possibly care less about how the Arias family feeeeeels about anything.

Mr William Zervakos, seems like you are digging the spotlight something fierce. So were you too emotionally exhausted to finish the job? Is that what you were ultimately saying?

I feel like you failed too, fwiw. I feel like you didnt finish this job and you owed Travis a completed trial. With a verdict of some kind during the penalty phase. I really do.

Sorry don't know how to link but saw a short video on Fox Phoenix that said he was leaving this morning on a much needed vacation. Wonder if it was planned and that's why they ended deliberating?

My ex-DH was incarcerated in the San Juan Facility at Perryville from 1983-88. (I divorced him in 1985) It was a med/min facility then. San Juan was medium. You can look his Prison Id #37426 in the ADOC inmate data search. This was the last time he was incarcerated in Az, his previous incarcerations at Ft. Grant and Florence are not listed because their data base doesn't go that far back for repeat offenders. He went on to be incarcerated in California at Folsum, Solidad, and San Quentin. He was looking at a 3rd strike on his last offense, but San Jose, Cali. LE had beaten him so incredibly during his arrest (an illegal search when he was walking in the park) that they feared a lawsuit and cut him loose. They shattered the entire side of his face and his hip, among other things.

I have no sympathy for him. You reap what you sow. I was a stupid naive 17 year old who had never been exposed to the "Dark Side", and had known him from the time I was 6. He was a Marine with an honorable discharge. His sister was taken in by my folks as a foster for 7 years.

He became addicted to morphine while serving, guarded the medical tent. He was also on body bag duty, the planes would come in state, off load the dead, and he was one of those who had to inventory the body bag and compare the weight of the contents from where it came from to it's destiny. He also became a part of the military group that was portrayed in the movie "American Gangster". (I will NOT discuss the liberties or omissions that the movie misrepresented) When discharged he became a heroin addict, he was a member of the Old Mexican Mafia and the Nuestra Familia, 2 rival Ariz/Calif gangs, only because his brother in law, George Solano was a top dog in the NF in Cali. Both gangs were "blood in, blood out".

I can promise you all, that CMja will not make it in prison. Perryville was hard when my ex was in there. The guards will look away, rather then insert themselves in the middle of something. I personally "witnessed" an inmate RAPE his girlfriend on a picnic bench while there for a visitation one evening. She was screaming for help, and the guards turned their backs. I was strip searched on one visitation, with no exclamation, when showing up for another visit. Seems my ex had a scam going on and there were "gals" bringing in drugs to him. When he tried to assault me that evening during visitation, I ran to the sally port and the guards opened it up for me, closing it just as he got to it. One of the guards who took me back to the main entrance on the bus, gave me the low down.

He told me I did not belong in this environment, I was different than all the other women coming to see their husbands, and boyfriends. Everyone who was incarcerated in prison found "Jesus", it was just all part of the game while the inmates con their loved ones into bringing contraband into the prison and put money on their books. He told me I deserved and should demand better of myself. I was educated, I worked, I had a 2 year old daughter. My ex was being investigated for the murder of a top MM down in Florence, evidently "kites" had been found in his possession and eluded to the hit being orchestrated. The guard told me to get the hell out of there and never turn back.

Perryville is much worse now. It is a medium/maximum facility. These inmates have nothing but time on their hands to devise new ways of making weapons. Newspaper can be made into a shiv, a light bulb can be used to create an inferno in a cell, hooch can be made toxic to it's intended victim. No matter where you are placed, SOMEONE can always get to you, even in PC or solitary confinement.

CMja has no "Game", she has no affiliation, she's from Cali, and has no family in prison.

Like I said before, she is toast.

That being said, any talk about CMja having a cushy life in prison or getting less than Life (with or without parole) or DP should just be dropped. She will experience Hell on Earth. I can guarantee it. And that's not my opinion, it's the facts.

Thank you so much for this great post!

I am in Criminal Justice classes and heavily study Death Row inmates in prisons all over America. Yes, you are right, so very RIGHT; Perryville is one of the worst...she may be psycho but she is a baby psycho compared to the full grown mature psycho she will encounter.

I'm curious if the idea of a new jury makes Jodi happy or terrifies her? I think she really was expecting a life sentence to come back. She feels like she had 5 months to "work" with this jury and now she'll have much less time to work on the next one.

He does sound more sided with the defense..it doesnt make sense .. A M1 conviction...and he sounds so sympathetic to the murderer?

Gosh..we should feel really greatfull for the conviction! He almost sounds like one of the P12.

I know, I know. What gives? Good grief, it a mystery, really. Would love to know what went down in the guilt phase. Was he a holdout. There is no chance of a mistrial, because of what he is saying, is there? It almost sounds like he has regrets his guilt decision. moo Oh, and when they poled the jury for the guilt and cruelty phase was his Yes loud. I thought it was. Anyone? moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89