Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HLN is reporting that Its mother thought it was just another question and her and her family were off sightseeing at the time the verdict came down. It looks like some miscommunication. In fairness to Jodi's mother, she has been there every day since January and although I think it was foolish to plan sightseeing trips right at a time when a verdict was expected, she was told that it was a question so I guess she did not think it was imperative to be in court.

......OR her usefulness to the DT as a prop was over. i think the conundrum about 'was she supportive? was she abusive? she's HERE so what's going on?' may have been smarter than i realized at the time. the jury had to wonder what was up with mom being there and not saying anything. maybe it worked with one or more of them. i don't know.

Well SA has made sure to get the word out that she was in fact in the area and close-by, but she claims that the court rep told her it was a jury question and the jury would not even be brought into the courtroom. So she claims she didn't know she was supposed to be there.

I kind of believe her because she has been there every day, so why would she choose that day not to be there?

I guess I wonder how she could leave the courthouse for a moment considering the possible consequences...

Does anyo e have a link to the alternate juror's statement? Or could you tell me which one it was and what was said? Thanks.

Other than the foreman and the alternate who posted a message, does anyone know of any of the other jurors speaking out? tia

I am way behind. Is there a link or copy of text of what the foreperson said?
TIA

I just am relishing the thought of the jurors finding out about the TRUE CMJA now. I imagine they will be more outraged when they see her smugness and lack of remorse during her interviews. I can't help it. This gives me pleasure.

Bringing over from last thread
Originally Posted by rose222
You mean JA abused and controlled Travis because SHE had sex with him after slashing his tires and stalking...

Look, I'm on YOUR side. I wanted her to get the DP yesterday. I hate her, I think she's a cold blooded killer. But the fact remains, Travis could have EASILY walked away from her numerous times and chose to continue on with the sexual aspect of their relationship long after the stalking behaviour started. Yet he didnt. Is that an excuse for what she did? NO, absolutely not. But I can totally understand why some older generation people can see why that is considered emotionally abusive.

I just wanted to say I'm 62 yo, I have 2 sisters 66 yo & 76 yo..and we all don't buy into JAs story and we all were hoping for murder one death. But sometimes I think my sisters and I are the exception to the rule in these matters till I talk to one of my daughters (36yo) who would go murder1 LWOP ... I don't know...uhmmmm...she totally missed getting some of my "genes" I got no problems with DP at all.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
ETA: sorry I'm not sure the whole post got copied right, but topic of age is what I was referring to anyways.

What message? I went to media thread to see if I could find links to any interviews etc.

I'm wondering if 20/20, Dateline or 48 Hours are doing a group interview with the Jury post verdict.. especially since ABC & 48 Hours were granted interviews with CMCHJA plus GMA exclusive with Foreman.. Honestly besides Troy they really got 2 of the most scene interviews Ryan Owens w/ her & GMA this morning.

From the Travis facebook page

from juror 17:

Hello all! I was sent to this page thanks to a friend of mine now that I am able to see and hear things! I was juror 17 and later on I was chosen as an alternate. I was so disappointed and upset to hear my number called after all the time and work I put into this trial! Today was a hard day for the jury but it was also a very hard day for me!! To say I am devastated is an understatement! I feel so much pain that I can't even begin to imagine what Travis's family is feeling! Although today's outcome wasn't what I wanted and probably most of you as well, I just ask that you remember we are all human and no matter which juror voted which way, it was a very hard decision for all of them! I want to send my love and prayers to Travis's family and I really hope they get the right outcome next time!!!

Although disappointed, I highly respect this jury. They stood by their beliefs...just as exactly I would do (even though it is DP) no one would have talked me out of it. She is not free like CA and that was hard to swallow... so I will support the Alexander family what ever their decision. I think this might be a blessing in disguise, a new jury will not have a chance to bond like this one did.

Juan, did a magnificent job. We just have a little more distance to go to the finish line, than we first thought.

good question on HLN about JSS pulling cameras for this new trial.

they think the DT will ask for that. i think they'll ask for that, probably sequestration and for SURE change of venue.

Does it seem strange to anyone else that yesterday it was announced that the jury was going to hold a press conference, and then it was cancelled? In light of the foreman being on GMA this morning, at 4:10 AM his time, I find the cancellation very curious indeed. I will find it even more curious if we do not hear from other jurors.

Originally Posted by cityslick
At some point yesterday after the verdict I had to get off the forum. I understand the disappointment, anger and especially sorrow for the Alexanders. But there were a number of posts that were more than that, attacks/namecalling/hate on the jurors. I'm disappointed in that, because I thought this forum was better than that. There are some that are truly treating this like she was aquitted and I'm sorry but I don't understand that frame of mind. The woman was convicted of murder one. The cruelty aspect of it pretty much insures (IMO) that she wouldn't get parole. But reading on here yesterday, I saw comparisons to Casey Anthony. Let me say, Anthony is sipping lattes' right now in the comfort of whatever home she's in. Tell me how that compares to Arias, who at bare minimum will be stuck staring at bars for very likely the rest of her natural life?

I also keep seeing people say 'well they agreed to cruelty, why not dp' and 'they agreed to dp on the juror form'. One has nothing to do with the other IMO. When a juror says they are open to the DP, that means they are open to consider the DP. When the jurors agreed to cruelty, that meant that the crime warrented consideration of the DP, not automatically she deserved the DP.

It very easy and convienent to throw stones and hurl insults at the jurors from the luxury of sitting behind a computer monitor or mobile device when you weren't in that room. Those 4 people believed, in their opinion, that there was mitigating factors and because their opinion doesn't jive with the majority, they all of a sudden are subjected to all sorts of nasty comments. One of these days every one of us will have a strong opinion or conviction that doesn't not agree with the majority, whether that be among a group of friends or a jury deliberation room. I challenge anyone to stand by their convictions, even if others are screaming their head off at them, because it's what they believe. That takes a lot of courage and I applaud all the jurors for taking to time to discuss it and take their time until it was obvious there was no movement.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there is something fundamentally wrong with the way this country decides how to determine the DP. Perhaps more scutiny should be directed at that instead of the people who are subjected to the process. It's very easy to say 'why didn't they just cave in and agree' but doing that on a murder conviction versus doing that on a life/death situation is apples and oranges. We are brought up in a society where life is taught to be precious to get some guy/gal off the street and give them the ultimate decision on condemning a person, so matter who it is, is not an easy thing, nor is it an easy decision. Hopefully many people, especially those who want to cast stones, never have to go through that.

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why the heck is JA crying as the jurors are polled today? She makes me sick

I think because she really thought she would get life. She is very disconnected due to being able to lie her way out of everything in the past, IMO.

Imo, it will definitely not be Juan's personal decision. There's too much at stake financially and reputationally. If it really is an 8-4 split, I think they will offer LWOP and not re-try the penalty phase. jmo

Well, that's not where they stand now. For now they are saying they intend to retry.

Might have thought media would be covering the jurors boarding the bus and he could slip out another way.

It appears the poor guy takes public transit and the rest drive. That's why he went that way. And he was hounded onto the bus. That is so disgusting to me. Vultures.

I think she was crying because she believed the jurors would peek at her interviews and be so charmed by her they would give the lightest sentence possible. She was shocked that they were hung. I mean, how on Earth could they not adore her, even feel a bit guilted by her "betrayed by the jury" comment? (after they saw how perdy she wuz with her makeup on):twocents:

I agree.

THAT is what is so disappointing. They must wait...and it is going to be five years since he was murdered before they have another chance at completing this sad journey.

:(

Yes. This prolonged, torturous process is horrible for them. I don;t know how they withstand it.

Pffft.. Way before that with the OJ verdict!
And many more after.
This is a first degree murder with aggravatiors. It's a great verdict, nothing died today. The system worked today. No matter what, Jodi will die in prison ONLY difference ...if she knows the date she's to die or not,
That's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!!! I totally agree.

I'm not that worried. I've gotten the impression that the judge thinks she is guilty and would have no problem imposing LWOP for Jodi.

I think maybe he was disgusted with everything & everyone. He may have just wanted to get away from this group of people he'd been trapped with.

I really do believe the judge would give her life without parole. And do it with pleasure.

Yes to both. No way is that judge giving her less than LWOP.

The one comment he made that wasn't "no comment" was that he leaves that same way every day. Maybe he didn't realize he'd become prey for the vultures or figured they'd respect that he didn't want to comment.

I feel so sorry for him!

I wonder if it is really possible that JA thinks life in prison is book clubs, recycling and hair salon days.

I realize no one here is deluded about her likely life in prison. But apparently she has not heard stories like this [prisoner w/HIV bits newby prisoner during fight, Perryville].

http://jonsjailjournal.blogspot.com/2009/03/23-mar-09-bite-renee-she-was-only.html

I suppose though, this is not likely to happen to her, as she will be in her cell w/no contact.

I have a question... what do you peeps think about it's family not being there yesterday?

:waitasec: Maybe SA [and others] were interviewing with Dr. Phil ?

Just a thought ... and I would not be surprised ...

JMO and MOO ...

Chris Hughes ‏@cshughes 11m

Willmott told The AZ Republic that despite rumors, she and Nurmi intend to stay on the case for new penalty stage. #JodiArias

---

ETA - Anyone else think the DT know they don't have a choice?

HLN is reporting that Its mother thought it was just another question and her and her family were off sightseeing at the time the verdict came down. It looks like some miscommunication. In fairness to Jodi's mother, she has been there every day since January and although I think it was foolish to plan sightseeing trips right at a time when a verdict was expected, she was told that it was a question so I guess she did not think it was imperative to be in court.
Oh balderdash! Who goes sightseeing at the Grand Canyon while their family member's jury is deciding their fate, HLN/ARIAS? GMAB!

Does it seem strange to anyone else that yesterday it was announced that the jury was going to hold a press conference, and then it was cancelled? In light of the foreman being on GMA this morning, at 4:10 AM his time, I find the cancellation very curious indeed. I will find it even more curious if we do not hear from other jurors.

They may need time to de-compress. A long weekend will help, give them some time. I suspect some may be terribly disappointed in having spent all these months and not being able to reach a conclusion.

Chris Hughes ‏@cshughes 11m

Willmott told The AZ Republic that despite rumors, she and Nurmi intend to stay on the case for new penalty stage. #JodiArias

So it has been all drama, no substance. Surprised ?

Easy money...or already denied ?

There is a bright spot in all this. I dont have to watch JVM now. I dont think I could hear her screaming for much longer without resorting to drinking.

good question on HLN about JSS pulling cameras for this new trial.

they think the DT will ask for that. i think they'll ask for that, probably sequestration and for SURE change of venue.

But the convicted murderer will NOT ask for that ... it's going to be interesting to see IF she gets her way next go round ...

MOO !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member