Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading thru the thread esp about the Foreman & how he presented himself during interview.. So.. yesterday when everyone was saying 1 woman on jury mouthed words "I'm sorry so sorry" to the family & the other female crying.. We keep thinking THEY THE WOMEN were probably hold outs for Life but now I'm wondering if it wasn't the Foreman along with maybe 3 other males??

Maybe older males trying to be 'white knights/women need protecting" and maybe a younger male who felt Borderline she was mentally ill he couldn't in good conscience sentence death.

WE WOMEN on threads for most part have seen CMCHJA for what she is.. Skye Hughes saw her for what she is so why would we not believe the female jurors didn't see her for what she is?? I mean we've all crossed paths in some way with someone like her and I'm sure if you're like me.. Most of us had a negative interaction crossing paths with that person they either got us wrote up at work, stole our boyfriends, used us as friends to get to someone or something they wanted..

Maybe the female jurors being emotional & saying sorry was because THEY couldn't sway Mr Foreman into seeing the facts for what they were? Maybe they were upset/stoic/frustrated on breaks because THEY knew what was coming and how unfair to the family... IDK just a thought. JMO

I just assumed from the start that the ones who mouthed the words 'I'm sorry' voted for death. :dunno:

OMG, this drives me insane! and have you noticed the latest little thing she adds on to everything she says? BY DEFINITION.

like 'that settles the matter.' i want to smack her into the next millenium when she says that.
YES, dear, a person who lies IS a liar. BY DEFINITION.

:stormingmad:

Her assistant JW taught her that..You did know that Jodi is first chair and Jw is second,Nurmi is just sort of in training. JSS should be very careful Jodi may decide she wants to take her job next.. I can see her now when Juan is up at the next trial and Jodi starts to continually yells sustained. :seeya:

I feel so bad for the Alexander family. Hopefully they will remember there are 8 jurors who aren't hung up on why Jodi Arias premeditated the vicious slaughter of their brother. The facts in evidence answered that question.

:seeya:

BBM: I hope these 8 jurors come forward to let the Alexander's they were on the side of Justice for Travis !

I feel so bad for the Alexander's ... I cannot even begin to imagine how the Alexander Family feels ...

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Going through yesterday was like a freaking grieving process. I am still disappointed but I have accepted it and I applaud those 8 jurors that held out for the DP. I would still love to hear from each of the other 4.

My thoughts our with the Alexanders and them ONLY.

Have fun being locked up 23 hrs. a day with only your crazy *advertiser censored* self to talk to, Ms. CMJA.

BBM

Not me. I'd like to hear from the 8 who voted DP. The other 4 have nothing to say that would be of interest. :floorlaugh:

Doubt that is why she cried. She rarely bothered to make eye contact with them for 4 months, why care now? If her tears- about which I could care less- were about her family at all, they were great big tears for her victimhood. Jodi only cries for Jodi.

I think JA was crying because it hit her--crap. I just done that media blitz and now they can use it against me in a new trial.

The reason I "know" this is because of what my son told me about the culture of prison life--how a person gains power, how they get their own cell, the place of gangs in prison life, etc.

I believe she will be kept in protective custody just like a sex offender is--and for the same reason. She has a power position now which she thinks will carry over and protect her in prison. She doesn't understand the difference between prison and jail. Because she is highly adaptive and manipulative, she has fashioned a niche for herself as the victim rather than the perpetrator and you see she believes her present aggression is justified "if she is abused." Her status as folk hero of the jail population who are fawning over her WILL NOT MEAN SQUAT IN PRISON.

Especially in an Arizona maximum prison. It's not that the system will punish her extraordinarily, it's just that even if she gets released into general pop after three years, the women in prison will not respond the same to her persona of "Hi, I'm Jodi. I am famous, better than you, and I can help you better yourself."

More likely she will get nine shallow stabs in the back to remind her of her place at the bottom of the pecking order.

Or you could be right and she goes into general pop and wins a singing contest, teaches classes on how to crush cans when you have a broken finger, teaches the Spanish inmates how to speak English and elevates and edifies those with "lower thoughts" by teaching them to read books that she suggests. She gets to sell and wear her Survivor T-shirt under her prison stripes and SHeriff Arpaio says "Hey, it's her first amendment right of free expression" and the other perpetrators of hideous crimes are perfectly fine with her branding of herself as a victim while they are treated as the perpetrators they are.

Sorry, I think it's more likely she will end up with a perp tattoo on her forehead than this last scenario. But that's just MOO

I wish an inmate from Perryville would give an interview and let the rest of us know what prison for women is like. JA manipulates, but those other women in prison are manipulators too. It will be interesting to read how she fares (or doesn't) when in prison.

Speaking just for myself, I feel a need to back off 20 feet, exhale and refuse to invest high octane energy into this prosecution for awhile. The foreman found abuse toward our convicted murderer. The implication is that he believed her testimony as regards abuse. Perhaps he also believed in her insignificant "mitigators", not one of them meeting the statute. Maybe then, he will also enjoy her t.v. interviews, now that he has the right and the leisure to watch them. It was also my position that the jurors were adding up the number of these specious "mitigators" as against the number of possible aggravators. If that was to be their approach, why did they not consider for themselves whether the victim was helpless, whether 27 stabs and throat slitting plus a shot to the face was gratuitous violence, whether he was rendered senseless in the end, whether the violence was senseless? Because these are the descriptors behind heinous and depraved (denied the State by Judge Duncan).

Tonight we come under the Full Moon lunar eclipse at 4°08' Sagittarius, Sun at 4°08' II. On projected court date of July 18, that same eclipse degree recurs. The Moon will fill 4°08' Sag. in the afternoon. The Sun on July 18 will shine on the same point of view Arias took, when she addressed the jury at allocution, Ascendant 27°18 Cancer. We simply do not need, nor can we stomach, more of this. Fortunately, Mercury turns backward in apparent motion at the end of June, so dates can change. In the meantime, spare us the drool and drivel.

Just listened to Mr. Foreman. He didn't expect it be a mistrial if the jury couldn't agree on a penalty? What the heck did he think was going to happen?

No clue....he disgusts me. Talking about dealing with a human...Jodi. What was Travis to him?? A used car part??? :banghead:

Just listened to Mr. Foreman. He didn't expect it be a mistrial if the jury couldn't agree on a penalty? What the heck did he think was going to happen?

I don't think the jurors realized if they hung on this phase that a new jury would be picked. Maybe they thought if they couldn't decide the judge would just sentence
LWOP

I just assumed from the start that the ones who mouthed the words 'I'm sorry' voted for death. :dunno:

Me too. They knew the family would be devastated. I'm sure those 8 jurors did every possible thing they could to reason with the 4, and that they felt as least as strongly as those here that she should be put to death. They would have compromised and gone with life had they not been passionate in their belief that the DP was justly deserved. Thank you to the 8, no thanks to the foreman, and am reserving judgement of the silent 3.

Originally Posted by rose222
The other part of the interview with the foreman that I hadn't seen before. I'm madder than I've ever been! She is a human. She did something horrible but why did she do it?'

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2407451853001

It does sound like he is defending her almost. I agree horrible is is not the same as what the murderer did .."we are talking about a human here" YES WE ARE ..Travis Alexander who will always be 30..a family that their loved one will never be with them again.. This guy ooooooooooo. I guess we better thank the Lord above we got a guilty of 1st degree.

I've been reading thru the thread esp about the Foreman & how he presented himself during interview.. So.. yesterday when everyone was saying 1 woman on jury mouthed words "I'm sorry so sorry" to the family & the other female crying.. We keep thinking THEY THE WOMEN were probably hold outs for Life but now I'm wondering if it wasn't the Foreman along with maybe 3 other males??

Maybe older males trying to be 'white knights/women need protecting" and maybe a younger male who felt Borderline she was mentally ill he couldn't in good conscience sentence death.

WE WOMEN on threads for most part have seen CMCHJA for what she is.. Skye Hughes saw her for what she is so why would we not believe the female jurors didn't see her for what she is?? I mean we've all crossed paths in some way with someone like her and I'm sure if you're like me.. Most of us had a negative interaction crossing paths with that person they either got us wrote up at work, stole our boyfriends, used us as friends to get to someone or something they wanted..

Maybe the female jurors being emotional & saying sorry was because THEY couldn't sway Mr Foreman into seeing the facts for what they were? Maybe they were upset/stoic/frustrated on breaks because THEY knew what was coming and how unfair to the family... IDK just a thought. JMO

i can't wait to find out the gender breakdown in the split. that juror was an alternate, i believe.

edited to add: wasn't the foreman in the phil spector v. 1.0 the one who hung up that jury??

Another clip I hadn't seen. So is he saying they all expressed their individual opinions but did not try to influence one another? Isn't that the point of deliberations? Isn't there a difference between influence and coerce? What's the point of a foreman if they just express their feelings and sign the verdict form?

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2407461515001

Thank you Rose :seeya:

I was surprised at the foreman's comment that they did not try to change or influence anyone's opinion. I read a few posts on here where people had been jurors on other trials and they deliberate UNTIL THEY COME TO A CONSENSUS.

Also surprised the jury did not know it would be a mistrial when they voted 8 to 4. Were they not told the verdict had to be unanimous?

Hang on...marking my spot until I bring over the video.

Must see video. She is just like Jodi...without all the lies.

Ah! So refreshing !!!!

I love an honest psychopath! IMO She is no different than Jodi, the ONLY difference. This one isn't a liar!!!

IMO behind the mask and the lies this is how Jodi's mind works. Cold, goal driven and remorseless

Psychopath all the way!

Stone Cold Killer

Jeffrey Dahmer confessed to his crimes fully. Angela Simpson admits to her crimes here and admits straight up no remorse.

Not like CMJA.

She is seriously effed up when a stone cold killer is a better person than she is.

THIS woman makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up straight. CMJA annoys me like a fly. If CMJA encounters this woman, CMJA is good as dead.

What got me was when he said "we" don't know what was going on. Did it go over his head that there were cameras in the courtroom? Buddy, we know a lot more than you do! We heard everything you heard, and more. Since he can go on national TV and criticize the public, I think I have every right to criticize him here.

Ditto. I too now feel free to criticize HIM.

He's darn lucky I wasn't on that jury. That not deliberating crap and investigating motive would have gotten him tossed.

Right. And dontcha know that saying NO to a woman is abuse?
Wanting sex and nothing more is also abuse? The woman can use sex to seduce, control and murder the male victim but the man better not want just sex. He better surrender his body, mind AND soul if he wants to escape being called an abuser.

:scared::scared:

I wish the jury could have heard Chris and Sky Hughes concerning the the stalker letter Jodi sent to herself and what he had to say about her, I'm going to kill myself, manipulations. He wasn't just using her. He actually cared very much about her and wanted to help her through her issues.

I also noticed in one of his texts when he was talking about dominating her, he also said he wanted her to dominate him, too. They were having freaky sex. That is ALL.

Her assistant JW taught her that..You did know that Jodi is first chair and Jw is second,Nurmi is just sort of in training. JSS should be very careful Jodi may decide she wants to take her job next.. I can see her now when Juan is up at the next trial and Jodi starts to continually yells sustained. :seeya:

And she had the gall to answer that interviewer's queries about why her family did not testify and why did her attorneys not try an insanity plea with a breathy, oh-so-naive, "Oooooh, I just don't know."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela