DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!!!!
I don't get why so many are so confused... :what:

ARIAS JURY HUNG - WHAT'S NEXT???
This how the " The state vs Jodi Arias" Facebook page explains it:
( https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis?ref=stream&hc_location=stream)

The jury in the Jodi Arias trial informed Judge Sherry Stephens Thursday that they were unable to reach a unanimous verdict on whether Jodi Arias should live or die -- but the convicted murderer could still get the death penalty.

In response,Stephens declared a mistrial, because the jury was hung.

The mistrial only applies to the penalty phase of the trial. Arias' first-degree murder conviction still stands, and so does the jurors' finding that Arias murdered Alexander in a "cruel manner."

The new penalty phase is scheduled to begin July 18. Stephens also schedule a status hearing on June 20 to check in with the attorneys about their preparations for the new phase of the trial.

A new jury will be selected, and this new jury will only decide whether Arias will be sentenced to death via lethal injection or life in prison.

If the second jury were to say Arias can live out the remainder of her days behind bars, Stephens would decide whether she will get life without parole, or life with the eligibility of parole after 25 years.ARIAS JURY HUNG - WHAT'S NEXT???

Ok, so she gets either death or a life life sentence. That's what the jury decides. If she gets life then the JUDGE decided if it is LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE. I have faith that JSS would got for LWOP so JA will never be free.

So it is not all bad. LWOP means she may live BUT any future appeals and crap means JA has to play for her legal carp. Is she gets death, she then the courts continue to fund her appeals and you know she won't get the needle for a decade or so.

Either way, she is not going anywhere but to a miserable life in jail.

I am praying for the Alexander's and hoping for the best.

I hope now JUAN CAN BRING IN THE GUN AND KNIVES AND OTHER AGGRAVATING THINGS INTO THE NEW PENALTY PHASE! I send prayers to Alexander Family and JUAN and DEt Florez

He will not get to re do the whole penalty phase.
Guilty of murder in the first degree and cruelty are a done deal.
Atleast the jury gave us that much.

I wonder though, can she just get up to a NEW jury who has no knowledge of her LYING ways, and tell her "Travis abused me" BS??

I am very confused on how this will all work out.

i heard the TH's today saying yes she can get on the stand again. Oh boy, it'll go on forever.

I just believe that someone bought the DT mitigation. In retrospect, I think they played that very well. I don't think that the difference between mental illness and BPD was explained enough. You have to admit that CKja's little show was nuts. The things she said, book club comes to mind. Someone could have thought she was mentally ill, almost child like. That and no witnesses, especially her family appeared to be neglect. We all know better but they did not. They really did not get to see the REAL JA as we have.

Someone could not go with DP for a mentally ill, abandoned person. I cannot fault them for that, that was what was presented to them and they bought it. (I only think there were 1 maybe 2)

IMO, they followed the law. Not their fault that the DT was very underhanded and lied just as well as their client. Something needs to be done about that!

What my theory is that it was JA's silent mother, sitting in the front row every day. That got to somebody.

And maybe that was actually a stroke of brilliance on the DT's part. Saying she was abusive while she sat there. Saying JA had been abandoned by her family while she sat there. Leaving the jury to notice her presence even more, and wonder about why she never said a word.

Donavan said family is upset because they were told there'd be no verdict today?
What?

There really wasn't a verdict......but hey, if they didn't want to park it at the courthouse for every question or whatever came down the pike, so sad, too bad. They can take their criticism to the press.......cause no one else (jury, prosecutor, defense, Alexander family) is going to talk till AFTER there IS a verdict, per KPHO, but people can change their minds, dontcha know.

I agree with that one. Mostly because I've read it on here and twitter who believe that even though JA is without a doubt a lying evil murderer, her crime wasn't "death penalty" worthy.

Plus she's 32.
And a woman.
I bet being female had a lot to do with it.
And JW's "CAN YOU, YES YOU, actually live with KILLING this woman?" ********.

BBM

I have an answer for this one that Juan can use next time around:

"Ladies and gentleman, don't forget that the defendant's counsel also told you during the guilt phase that you should let this woman walk away free for the vicious and cruel crime that she commited, so you should remember this and use it to determine whether or not she is using that phrase to manipulate you or not. If you remember, defense was also advising you to let the defendant walk out of the courtroom a free woman."

I also think that anything she said in her interviews last night should be admissible in a new trial. As I understand it she may have contradicted herself on many things she had said in the trial.

I think a lot will also weigh on the Alexander's right now. As if they needed more grief, they will be consulted on whether to plea or retry, I'm sure.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 3m
Just got off the phone with #jodiarias mom Sandy. Says she was in town the whole time. Disappointed another jury has to be sat

Donovan was on NG saying they were all there nearby also. I thought maybe she meant her and some others, not the family. But apparently they were there. Strange.

We must remember, she was found guilty of M1. We should be grateful the juror, assuming is was only one, who hung the jury for the DP, did not do it for the guilt phase. That is the important verdict when everything is said and done, no matter how many defense lawyers and talking heads and Jodi fans want you to believe this is a win. moo

The darn "HOLIDAY" got us again. If it wasnt for this holiday, I think they may have tried another day or 2. They owed it to everyone to keep trying.

It seems another major trial KA had the same problem

Wholeheartedly, 100% agree with his decision. She deserves the death penalty, and I support Arizona's decision to see this to completion. Justice has not been served, yet, and I don't want to hear any more mealy-mouthed verbiage from TH's that Arizona should just cave in and give her life. Now, THAT would be cowardly.

Yes! Let's go Juan!

I don't see how this is a huge win for the DT. Their client has been convicted of first degree murder (a huge DT loss), and a verdict of especiallty cruel (another huge DT loss).

The penalty phase will go ahead with the same 2 options, life or death.

Their client will never get out of prison. That's a huge loss for the DT.

If the penalty phase is retried, it is but a temporary win for the DT. If it does not go ahead for reasons of cost or whatever, it is a win for the DT as their overall goal was to save the life of the depraved little murderer. What I am curious about, and maybe no one knows, but if the State decides not to go forward and offers LWOP with no appeals, does the depraved little murderer have the right to refuse ? I'll ask later on the legal thread if no one knows.

The only win I care about is a win for Travis' family, whatever that may mean to them. As to the jury, I respect their service. I am proud of those that clung to the DP and did not give it up just to put an end to the issue. The entire defense of the little murderer was nothing but lies and depravity, the M1 verdict proved that. However I do not understand finding a crime especially cruel, which they all agreed to, to be consistent with the inability to reach a consensus in the end.

I will never forget Wilmott "guilting" this jury in her closing and I have zero respect for her less than honest tactics.

Does anyone know where I can see KCLs juror list with their nicknames and descriptions? TIA

Thats something that only the DP could assure. Life could mean parole in 25 years. At least one (and I suspect more like 11) jurors were not willing rotate that chance - to see her get out in fewer years than Travis had or will ever have, just to do it all over again.

I'd do the same.

*I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't blame or envy the jurors. It wasn't her "locks of love" mission or art work that spared her. It was all of the garbage that the DT threw at the wall during this trial.

She is a psychopath/sociopath and she succeeded in doing what she set out to do...twist, contort and manipulate to evade punishment. I fear that when the jurors (or single juror holdout as I believe) gets home and sees who they freed they will be devastated.

She thinks that she has won (which is the most sickening thing) but this is justice delayed, not denied. She's going to get what's coming to her.

Absolutely agree with all you said.
This jury was not privy to so much ...
when that hold-out(s) to the DP gets home today and sees & reads about the atrocious evilness about the true soulless JA - well, I can't imagine what they'll feel. (I agree with you that it was likely 1 or maybe 2 holdouts against the DP)
They will see the pure evil that occupies JA. They'll see how JA continues to play the justice system. They'll see how JA played THEM.

You're correct ... this is justice delayed, not denied.
JA's not going anywhere except solitary confinement without the ability to do more media side shows.

I feel for the Alexander Family ... having to re-live this nightmare for so much longer now.
Rest now dear Alexander Family.
Return to your homes and families - until that July date for the new jury.
Peace be with you.

Juan looked so disappointed .. can hardly imagine what he is thinking / feeling ..

I agree Mrs. G. N. it will be a very difficult night for Juan and all the Alexander family. But as a little time passes Mr. Martinez and all the Alexander's will get Travis' strength (which the family spoke about in their VI statements) and they will go forward with this and get justice for Travis. I am confident in that. Some things are worth waiting for and this is one of those things.

It is a huge win for them. I doubt it's due to any legal skills so much as just a product of one recalcitrant juror. Either way, it's a "win" in the sense that not being shuttled straight to death row is a win.

Schuby, I actually do think KN and JW see this as a win but only because they will most likely no longer have to be her attorneys. They did not win anything but a stay as far as I am concerned jmho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson