Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they were tired. I think when anyone who has to decide life or death doesn't understand the magnitude of that decision when they are questioned during the selection process.

Someone or a few just couldn't give Death despite the horrific and brutal nature in which Murderer CMJA slaughtered Travis Alexander.

I don't know what else to say and I don't know what I would do in their shoes.

I couldn't agree with you more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After 14+ hours of deliberation they are done? Wow. The trial lasted 4 months. Somebody had vacation plans I guess. That is unbelievably disrespectful of the victim and his family. The inmate shouldnt get consideration now that she has been convicted. At least do the family the courtesy of trying a little harder.

I know that jury had a tough decision as far as giving someone death. But I believe they should have tried to deliberate longer. Either way, it might be good that there were stubborn people on the jury.

Local channel in AZ said lawyers cannot quit. They must stay on for next phase, penalty.

Thanks! Another poster said there would be a change in lawyers. Sure KN will move to get off this case and will be denied.

His sexual predator law firm is going to suffer because this jury didn't reach a verdict. Now he has to devote even more of his time to JA. :floorlaugh:

Well, this is good. And I don't agree with anyone who says she "wins". On death row she may never be executed anyway. Either way she loses. The murder 1 conviction was a victory on the way for justice. My prayers are with his sweet family who has to suffer more agonizing days of seeing Travis's murderer. Poor poor Stephen. I don't blame the entire jury but one of them must be a super duper moron to buy Jodi's BS. I don't care if they had moral beliefs. That person clearly thought JA could make a world changing impact with her janky hair donations.

the dp opponents must have been the holdup, not the other way around? Why couldn't the dp advocates come down to lwop and be done. `````

I just believe that someone bought the DT mitigation. In retrospect, I think they played that very well. I don't think that the difference between mental illness and BPD was explained enough. You have to admit that CKja's little show was nuts. The things she said, book club comes to mind. Someone could have thought she was mentally ill, almost child like. That and no witnesses, especially her family appeared to be neglect. We all know better but they did not. They really did not get to see the REAL JA as we have.

Someone could not go with DP for a mentally ill, abandoned person. I cannot fault them for that, that was what was presented to them and they bought it. (I only think there were 1 maybe 2)

IMO, they followed the law. Not their fault that the DT was very underhanded and lied just as well as their client. Something needs to be done about that!

Donavan said family is upset because they were told there'd be no verdict today?
What?

IMO another shady move...they are lying. Hoping for sympathy. They purposefully stayed away.

I wonder though, can she just get up to a NEW jury who has no knowledge of her LYING ways, and tell her "Travis abused me" BS??

I am very confused on how this will all work out.

No. Guilt phase over. Aggravation phase over. All that's retried is penalty phase.

People are acting like she was acquitted. She wasn't. I would much rather have this outcome then face the possibility of her being free in twenty years. This is not a loss, it is just a delay. I wish to God the jury in Florida had been hung. I feel awful that the family has to continue to go through this. It is especially cruel but they can take comfort in the face that she was convicted of murder 1 and in the end JA will rot in prison until she dies.

I'm still a mess :(
Holding out hope that the State moves forward and the next Jury will get it right.

I cannot stop that despicable voice saying "No jury will convict me." Well she was 1/3 right :(((

Not even close. She was CONVICTED OF CAPITOL MURDER. It is a done deal. All there is left is the Penalty Phase. She is a CONVICTED MURDERER.

Whelp, that was hard. BUT... I think JA was crying because she could not believe that they hadn't just decided to give her life. That's what I saw. I saw someone who was appalled that there were people on that jury who wanted to give her the death penalty -- and they clearly were not willing to back down and accept life.

Here's what I'm going to do now: I'm going to go home and hug my kid, take my dog out for a hike in the sunshine, eat ice cream, watch some television, read a book, sleep in my nice, comfortable bed, dream, get up and shower in deliciously hot water, put on some clean clothes, go do some good work, see my friends, have coffee, and do it all again and again and again. Some day, TA's family is going to be able to get back to all of that, too. Sooner rather than later, I hope.

You know who's never, ever, ever going to do any of that stuff? Jodi Arias. Never. It's prison or prison and death for her. That's it. She didn't win. Not at all. She didn't win. She just managed to postpone the inevitable.

Lol, this is NOT a win for the defense. They are stuck with JA for at least another year. This was a defeat as she was convicted.

Willmott and Nurmi won't be with Jodi in July. IMO,she'll get new lawyers and change of venue

Well, this is good. And I don't agree with anyone who says she "wins". On death row she may never be executed anyway. Either way she loses. The murder 1 conviction was a victory on the way for justice. My prayers are with his sweet family who has to suffer more agonizing days of seeing Travis's murderer. Poor poor Stephen. I don't blame the entire jury but one of them must be a super duper moron to buy Jodi's BS. I don't care if they had moral beliefs. That person clearly thought JA could make a world changing impact with her janky hair donations.

the dp opponents must have been the holdup, not the other way around? Why couldn't the dp advocates come down to lwop and be done. `````

ARIAS JURY HUNG - WHAT'S NEXT???
This how the " The state vs Jodi Arias" Facebook page explains it:
( https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis?ref=stream&hc_location=stream)

The jury in the Jodi Arias trial informed Judge Sherry Stephens Thursday that they were unable to reach a unanimous verdict on whether Jodi Arias should live or die -- but the convicted murderer could still get the death penalty.

In response,Stephens declared a mistrial, because the jury was hung.

The mistrial only applies to the penalty phase of the trial. Arias' first-degree murder conviction still stands, and so does the jurors' finding that Arias murdered Alexander in a "cruel manner."

The new penalty phase is scheduled to begin July 18. Stephens also schedule a status hearing on June 20 to check in with the attorneys about their preparations for the new phase of the trial.

A new jury will be selected, and this new jury will only decide whether Arias will be sentenced to death via lethal injection or life in prison.

If the second jury were to say Arias can live out the remainder of her days behind bars, Stephens would decide whether she will get life without parole, or life with the eligibility of parole after 25 years.ARIAS JURY HUNG - WHAT'S NEXT???

Ok, so she gets either death or a life life sentence. That's what the jury decides. If she gets life then the JUDGE decided if it is LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE. I have faith that JSS would got for LWOP so JA will never be free.

So it is not all bad. LWOP means she may live BUT any future appeals and crap means JA has to play for her legal carp. Is she gets death, she then the courts continue to fund her appeals and you know she won't get the needle for a decade or so.

Either way, she is not going anywhere but to a miserable life in jail.

I am praying for the Alexander's and hoping for the best.

I don't blame or envy the jurors. It wasn't her "locks of love" mission or art work that spared her. It was all of the garbage that the DT threw at the wall during this trial.

She is a psychopath/sociopath and she succeeded in doing what she set out to do...twist, contort and manipulate to evade punishment. I fear that when the jurors (or single juror holdout as I believe) gets home and sees who they freed they will be devastated.

She thinks that she has won (which is the most sickening thing) but this is justice delayed, not denied. She's going to get what's coming to her.

I think that some didn't get the full picture of how manipulative she is, and that she is passive-aggressive...so like in those text messages where they claim Travis was being "verbally abusive," they didn't get the full picture of what Jodi had done to cause it, b/c she is passive-aggressive.

I also think the sex tape hurt the prosecution during this phase.

Nancy just read Donovan the riot act...and then cut her off! LMAO!

Nancy being Nancy...no surprise!

Donovan saying the family is upset cause they were told it was just a question. Well, there were other questions and Travis' family showed up. They could have been there and chose not to be. Don't blame the court or anyone else!!!

At least they got to see the Grand Canyon. :/
Who tours while their kid/sibling is waiting to hear if they are sentenced to death??

I don't think it's anything to do with what the Defense presented. It's either a 'I don't believe in the DP' (although they all said they do) or a "I believe in the DP but only for terrorists and serial killers.'

I agree with that one. Mostly because I've read it on here and twitter who believe that even though JA is without a doubt a lying evil murderer, her crime wasn't "death penalty" worthy.

Plus she's 32.
And a woman.
I bet being female had a lot to do with it.
And JW's "CAN YOU, YES YOU, actually live with KILLING this woman?" ********.

They are NOT getting off case. prosecutor will retry penalty phase and if Jury hangs second time, she gets life. AZ law.

Agree... Karma...
Nurmi & Jodi sitting in a tree....rofl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads