Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 3m
Just got off the phone with #jodiarias mom Sandy. Says she was in town the whole time. Disappointed another jury has to be sat

Lol, this is NOT a win for the defense. They are stuck with JA for at least another year. This was a defeat as she was convicted.

I feel really bad for the jurors. The ones that wanted death, the ones that wanted life... they all put so much in to this. More than we can imagine! They didn't want to walk away from this.

I feel very badly for the ones that didn't feel she deserved death, because they are going to go home tonight and check the internet and see all those interviews. They will see everything they didn't get to see... and they are going to want a do-over. It's really unfair to the jurors to not be able to see stuff that is "too prejudicial" because those are the things that would probably push someone off the fence.

I want to say thanks to Mr. Juan Martinez, Detective Flores, all of the investigators and technicians, Dr. Kevin Horn, Dr. Demarte, all of the other prosecution witnesses. Also, I want to thank the jurors for doing their duty, as they saw it. All of these people worked so hard and I offer my thanks to them. They helped convict this woman of premeditated 1st degree murder. I offer my heart and prayers to the Alexander family. I feel lucky to have come to know more about them and their wonderful brother.

I second your thanks to Dr. Kevin Horne for his hard and laborious efforts on behalf of me, I mean this case. :blushing:

Donavan said family is upset because they were told there'd be no verdict today?
What?

What happened to the story that she had been reported to her Probation officer for associating with the felon? Is she still hanging around the court?

Juan looked so disappointed .. can hardly imagine what he is thinking / feeling ..

Gosh...I know. He looked so defeated, but we know he is strong and he will come back even stronger - fighting!!

I thought about the jurors - how they must feel for not being able to give a verdict. I put myself in their shoes for a moment. I bet a lot of them are just sick- much sicker than we are about this. They gave up over 5 months of their lives for this trial, and yet weren't able to give a verdict during the penalty phase. I would be home in my bed beside myself- just sick - probably with my head hanging off the side and throwing up in a garbage can set by my bed. This will affect them for the rest of their lives.

I try and skim that stuff so I missed it or it was deleted.

FWIW, I am really disappointed in them. A lot. Even more than the Pinellas 12.

The duty of this jury was to finish this marathon, imvho. I dont think they gave it much effort. I think the Alexanders should have received way more consideration.

You've got to be kidding me. As I said before, CA is a free woman and JA is not.... she never will be. The Pinellas 12 are not even in the same universe as this jury.

Bringing over from the last thread...it's important:

Originally Posted by MsFacetious
Thank you jury for convicting this killer.

Thank you for finding it especially cruel.

Thank you for putting your lives on hold for MONTHS to try and get justice.

Thank you for not "settling" for Life in Prison.

Thank you.

I will NEVER serve on a jury.

This. So much this. Do we not realize that, if it weren't for this jury, she may have walked free on the day of the verdict? Right now, she is on lockdown (no interviews? High five). We all were able to see so many things that this jury didn't. They agreed on two very important verdicts, and without that first verdict, she could well be out giving her phone number to someone else's brother, son, grandson, friend.

Let me see if I can even pose a question....is it not gonna be extremely hard to get any jurors that can say they have not heard of this case? I am just sick.

I believe they can know about the case. They just need to be able to be unbiased in determining the penalty. Maybe a lawyer can confirm this.

Sheriff Joe is under daily Federal scrutiny and law suits re: his tent city , prisoners paying for other than bolgne, chain gangs etc....that is why he has an open door policy...I think NOW SJ has banned media from Ja as maybe a security risk or some other " constitutional " reason" ..He willl speak..he loves to defend himself...BTW I have signed SJ pink boxers...:)

I don't blame or envy the jurors. It wasn't her "locks of love" mission or art work that spared her. It was all of the garbage that the DT threw at the wall during this trial.

She is a psychopath/sociopath and she succeeded in doing what she set out to do...twist, contort and manipulate to evade punishment. I fear that when the jurors (or single juror holdout as I believe) gets home and sees who they freed they will be devastated.

She thinks that she has won (which is the most sickening thing) but this is justice delayed, not denied. She's going to get what's coming to her.

I don't think it's anything to do with what the Defense presented. It's either a 'I don't believe in the DP' (although they all said they do) or a 'I believe in the DP but only for terrorists and serial killers.'

Where in the first amendment does it say that the jail has to grant you extra visitor hours to accommodate the press? Where does it say the jail MUST allow journalists past the "lights out" hour? The hour all other inmates must be locked in their cell by.
DO NOT TELL ME Sheriff Joe did not give her special treatment.

The problem for me is that convicted killers continue to have the same rights as upstanding law abiding citizens. Maybe they should lose their rights, when they decide to take away the lives of others. Whats that word, oh yeah, "consequences"

can someone give a summary of what NG is saying to DB?

Something to the effect that they can't expect special treatment if they were not available for the verdict.....DB said they were told no verdict today and they were there ALL day, bull. NG told her it was not like a drive through,lol.

But she didn't get the needle and that was their goal. It IS a win for them. A mistrial is always a win for the DT.

But she still could.

While a mistrial is a temporary win for the defense.
Usually, a retrial is in the favor of the prosecution, more then the defense.

Death is still on the table!

The problem is the DT is going to demand LWP in any kind of deal, so either the PT agrees to LWP or the DT will say NO DEAL.

This is really sad. They did not make a decision that they were asked to do.
:floorlaugh:

Aint gonna happen. I am not denigrating you-it wont happen. JA will demand it-she wants another penalty phase. She wants the world focused on her again and she can give another performance. Just imagine what good deeds she will come up with now that she has read the feedback on her nonsense.

I'm hoping the worried look on JA's face was b/c of her attorneys warning her about doing interviews:

"Sure, do what you want...but be careful...if the jury is hung everything you say could come back and bite you...your interviews could be used against you"

NG says they can all come in next time - all her continued Travis trashing, obvious lack of remorse can be shown to the Jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95